Multitracks List

anjum

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pushing Me Away leaked, and Runaway has been here for a lonnng time. I got it recently like last year and the guy said he had it for a bunch of years and he sent a ZIP download to me over reddit messages. so either he is lying (because it seems runaway cd was found only a year back or so) or that their might be more than one copies of the multitrack cd?

also does anyone know or have any other HT multitracks

Edited by AmbienT

Pushing Me Away leaked, and Runaway has been here for a lonnng time. I got it recently like last year and the guy said he had it for a bunch of years and he sent a ZIP download to me over reddit messages. so either he is lying (because it seems runaway cd was found only a year back or so) or that their might be more than one copies of the multitrack cd?

also does anyone know or have any other HT multitracks

Talk to LPCatalog, they're selling multitracks.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there's a Leave Out All the Rest multitrack out there somewhere?

Also the Battle Symphony acapella randomly popped up, not sure where it came from but it's legit.

Battle Symphony acapella probably came from multitracks too. Some people got the tracks but didn't release publicly.

Apparently there's a Leave Out All the Rest multitrack out there somewhere?

Also the Battle Symphony acapella randomly popped up, not sure where it came from but it's legit.

There's a really crappy low quality multitrack for LOATR yes, I have it I think. BS? I'm not sure, haven't known much of OMS instrumentals or acapellas since it was leaked last year.

And I'm trying to find the other bundles that were released for Stagelight's Linkin Park edition, can't download them anymore from the Stagelight site.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

You can see it on PC too. At least until last year (when they offered it for free) the LP bundles were still in the store.

No prob, just downloaded the program here in my laptop.

Edit: I'm looking at it rignt now and it says it's not free (I remember when it came out you just needed to confirm the download through your email adress, I'm confused).

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

No prob, just downloaded the program here in my laptop.

Edit: I'm looking at it rignt now and it says it's not free (I remember when it came out you just needed to confirm the download through your email adress, I'm confused).

It was never meant to be free. When it first came out Linkin Park sent codes to LPU members to download the Linkin Park Edition for free. Everyone else had to buy it.

LPCatalog haven't sold anything apart from sharing stuff. Get your facts straight and please don't share false information around. K? Thx. :blink:

Not you personally and maybe not the past tense of "sold" but another LPC staff member is using private messages here to try to sell them for the highest price possible. That is 110% factual information.

I'm not talking about me, and you exactly know that. Things people do with stuff they own is their business, thus saying LPC is selling shit is a bit stupid. Hypothetically, if one LPL staff member is retarded, I assume I can say LPLive is? I guess not.

• 1 month later...

Papercut unmastered multitracks are out now.

Thanks for the heads up! Are some of Chester's vocals missing? The ''sun goes down'' part I mean

Edit: Never mind, I found them :D

Edited by RickLPL

I'm not talking about me, and you exactly know that. Things people do with stuff they own is their business, thus saying LPC is selling shit is a bit stupid. Hypothetically, if one LPL staff member is retarded, I assume I can say LPLive is? I guess not.

Yeah I'm sure WB will agree with the guy who paid money for multitracks that he "owns" them and can do what he wants with them. :lol:

If someone fucked up enough to allow this stuff to get out in the first place, surely they didn't fuck up enough to try making money off of it, right? RIGHT? There's DMCA/cease and desist territory, and there's "you're probably going to jail for a long fucking time if the wrong people find out about this" territory. Trying to sell multitracks whose various rights belong to a lot of people who aren't you, who have a lot more money and legal power than you, is a pretty good way to get from the former territory to the latter. There are so many more layers upon layers of licensing, physical ownership of masters, etc. when it comes to multitracks vs. a regular old song that one person could feasibly have like 20 different parties sue them over something like this, lol.

I'm so glad I've never been in it for the money...

Edited by Astat

Just musing on the multitracks a little now that "Papercut" is in the wild:

It's been really great with the HT stuff coming out to dig in and break down these songs. That was my like first favorite album. I generally credit Mike (and co.) for setting off my interest in audio when I was a kid which eventually lead to a degree in audio. It's really an awesome opportunity to be able to come back and hear the multitracks for HT stuff after so long given that kind of significance - I would never have imagined that as a reality years ago.

What I'm wondering/kind of putting the call out for is if there was a way to get all of the available multitracks for HT together in a uniform way. I know it's probably a lot of work coordinating the effort between multiple collectors with priceless CDs, but it would be great to see "Papercut," "Runaway," "By Myself," "Forgotten," and "Pushing Me Away" ripped with logs, proper tags, with the SMPTE time code and in standard file format (like WAV). Some have the timecode, some have clearly been edited. Some are separated into folders by instrument, some aren't. Some are WAV, some AIFF. I would love to see just straight copies of the CDs themselves as is -for those who believe in that kind of archiving or know how to work with the tracks unaltered (I appreciate providing edited versions of the tracks to those who want to listen as a curiosity but aren't as savvy to remove the timecode, etc., but that should ideally be adjacent to unaltered versions). Not to sound ungrateful, I'm beyond stoked any of these are out there in any form. The wealth of what we have is amazing. Astat, it sounds like you were trying to do something in the vein of what I'm talking about, which is good to see. Hopefully, that can be possible again in the future.

Also, these multitracks *could* tell us a bit about the technical details of Reanimation. Any new music/vocals produced for the album might be higher quality, but if we believe the idea that Reanimation was created using these CDs being sent out to remixers, that means certain elements of Reanimation would only exist at 44.1/16 bit (i.e. the vocals on "Pts.Of.Athrty" being sourced from the CD but Jay's music being new [not saying that's what happened, but as a potential example]). Which doesn't mean anything as a whole, given there's clearly new vocals and new music all over it, but it's interesting to think about. It's had two higher than CD quality releases, so it must warrant it to some degree. I think perhaps these CDs were used to create the demos the remixers were working on before LP recut vocals, etc.

Edited by letdownagain