28.01.2011 - St. Paul, MN

hahninator

Hey guys, I'm back! Here's my next preshow post. I'll be unavailable for next few as it's my 1 year anniversary with my girlfriend so we're going on yet another vacation...but I'll be back for the Boston or NYC show posts. Anyway.....

The sixth show of Linkin Park's North American Tour in support of "A Thousand Suns" takes place in St. Paul, Minnesota at the Xcel Energy Center. Linkin Park last played this venue in February 2008 (show page here). That was a great show; there's a DSP available here of it too. That venue hosted my favorite video of 'A Place For My Head'...when Mike went into the crowd and was just rocking it. Anyone want this song to return to the setlist as badly as I do?

The venue also got a show in 2004 on the Meteora World Tour (show page here), which is where the famous "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" cover took place at! Unfortunately, no videos exist. Mark Fiore, if you see this...throw it up! There's pics of Mike dressed up from this show circulating out there somewhere, so if you have those...post 'em! LP opened for the Stone Temple Pilots in 2001 on the Family Values Tour at this venue as well, show page here.

Local LPLive member and LP expert Astat will be attending this show, so be on the look for his signature red headed self somewhere at the venue (and M&G, from what I heard).

At the Sunrise show soundcheck, Mike said they were playing three new setlists this tour. Set A1 was in effect for the first 3 shows but B11 made an appearance in Detroit and B13 made an appearance in Chicago, the last two shows. There's obviously one more setlist to go since 'Burning In The Skies' isn't included in A1, B11 or B13.

This leaves us with many questions. Will the new setlist make its appearance in St. Paul? What will it be called: B12 or B15, or maybe something else? What will open? 'New Divide' and 'Faint' opened B11 and B13, respectively, so there's a need for another opened in the new set. Will LP keep rotating A1, or will it replace A1 with this new set, and open this new one with 'Wretches And Kings'?

What do you guys think? Who's going to the show? M&G, anyone? Everyone HAPPY that the DSPs this tour are being released very quickly compared to the previous tours? Shoutout to Pooch & Dylan here for that! Find Pooch on Facebook here! He wants you to add him and reply to his stuff...so drop a thanks for the DSPs on his wall!

After this show, LP travels to Kansas City, MO to play at the Sprint Center on the 29th. An off day follows before playing in Philadelphia and Boston on back-to-back nights. Check out the full 2011 tour schedule here.

Setlist:

1. Requiem

2. Papercut w/ Savio Speech

3. Lying From You

4. Given Up

5. What I've Done (new piano outro into)

6. Empty Spaces/When They Come For Me

7. No More Sorrow (Long Intro)

8. Jornada Del Muerto

9. Waiting For the End

10. Burning in the Skies

11. Numb

12. Radiance (Live Version)

13. Breaking the Habit

14. Fallout/Catalyst

15. Crawling

16. One Step Closer

17. Bleed it out w/A Place for My Head/ Drum solo

Encore

18. Wisdom, Justice and Love

19. Iridescent

20. Shadow of the Day

21. In the End

22. New Divide

23. Faint

Set notes:

- Chester was in the crowd during Crawling

- There was something wrong with Joe's equipment during Crawling, the samples were played at the wrong pitch.

- Mike was in the crowd during In the End.

- Joe didn't play the last note of New Divide.

Thanks to Astat for providing the setlist.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local LPLive member and LP expert Astat will be attending this show, so be on the look for his signature red headed self somewhere at the venue (and M&G, from what I heard).

Yep, I'll be at the M&G! I'll probably be sporting a black LP zip-up hoodie and a bright green t-shirt with Frankenstein on it. If anybody wants to say hi, feel free to. I have pit tickets, and while I can't provide DIRECT setlist updates (I don't have a Twitter...or mobile Internet on my phone at all, for that matter), I'll probably be texting a couple LPLive staff members with updates periodically.

Yep, I'll be at the M&G! I'll probably be sporting a black LP zip-up hoodie and a bright green t-shirt with Frankenstein on it. If anybody wants to say hi, feel free to. I have pit tickets, and while I can't provide DIRECT setlist updates (I don't have a Twitter...or mobile Internet on my phone at all, for that matter), I'll probably be texting a couple LPLive staff members with updates periodically.

bro, if i see a video of you on stage with a guitar, it will be the most epic video EVAR.

Glad to know the video I shot is your favorite! :D

I'll also be at the show as lead volunteer for the MFR booth.

And...

Posted Image

The story is that Chester and the rest of the band dared Mike to go out onstage by himself dressed in clothes that Jet wears and play 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl'. He did it and even stayed dressed in those clothes for the rest of the show! There are several pictures of Mike on guitar and Mike on piano on My December dressed in those clothes.

Jet doesnt wear a full military outfit when the play Are you going to be my girl....well as far as I know haha.

We'll see...apparently I have some competition amongst the M&G participants tonight. Somebody might beat me to it.

With that attitude, you won't make it on stage. You are the debatable LP expert, and a smartass, why you can't make all that work in your favour is beyond me. You have to get up in front of Mike and the rest of the band's face and tell them you are the better candidate and won't make any mistakes and give them many reasons why they should let you get up there on stage instead of any other fan who asks. It's dirty, but it all depends on how much you want to get up there and not disappoint all the people on here who wants to see you actually make it up there on stage to play. Just do me a personal favour and ask to play guitar on any other song but Faint.