28.01.2011 - St. Paul, MN

hahninator

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike the choice but I still find it odd. :P

Anyway: ITE and now New Divide. Faint likely follows and that'll be all.

thats the wprst encore theve had in a long time. I was hoping epic set for c5. where's POA, APFMH, and Don't Stay? seriously i was hoping for something epic. B13 is best set out of three

The encore is a bit meh to me, but the main set is pretty awesome. Pace is definitely picked up, they split the middle slow section in half and put some into the encore, and moved some heavier songs into the main set. All in all, I still like C5 as a whole.

Edited by Spin

For some reason, SOTD does seem like a good encore song. Maybe on paper it seems bad, but live, it must be good for the encore :P But, this setlist coulda been better. At least we're getting rotating setlists, and not the same damn A1 -.-

The encore is a bit meh to me, but the main set is pretty awesome. Pace is definitely picked up, they split the middle slow section in half and put some into the encore, and moved some heavier songs into the main set. All in all, I still like C5 as a whole.

its a good set besides encore but b11 and b13 are way better

If i never have to see Don't Stay, Lying From You, Numb, Faint and One Step Closer on a setlist, it would be a glorious day. I just for the life of me, can't understand why so many people make a big deal over them. The Messenger alone easily outclasses them in a heartbeat. -_-

If i never have to see Don't Stay, Lying From You, Numb, Faint and One Step Closer on a setlist, it would be a glorious day. I just for the life of me, can't understand why so many people make a big deal over them. The Messenger alone easily outclasses them in a heartbeat. -_-

IMO all thoose songs are better than The Messenger, but i could care less about Numb being on the setlist. I just hope for Don't Stay, and POA some day again

You forgot to put (IMO)

and I like the Messenger.

thats the wprst encore theve had in a long time. I was hoping epic set for c5. where's POA, APFMH, and Don't Stay? seriously i was hoping for something epic. B13 is best set out of three

you got to be kidding if you were waiting some like that, right?, i mean, they rarely play songs unrehearsed, and how many times they've rehearsed those songs this year...zero. last year?, barely one, if i recall right. unless they do last time changes, those songs won't come out. all planified setlist have songs rehearsed beforehand, or constantly played during ATS tour.

=/ many people complains about setlist, because they had high expectations, but were did you left the common sense?

Out of all the current sets, I'd say I like B11 the best. Which is cool because if they are now rotating them B11, B13, C5, then DC will get B11.

According to Mark's tweet he thinks they are also roatating A1. My rankings would go b13, b11, a1, c5

you got to be kidding if you were waiting some like that, right?, i mean, they rarely play songs unrehearsed, and how many times they've rehearsed those songs this year...zero. last year?, barely one, if i recall right. unless they do last time changes, those songs won't come out. all planified setlist have songs rehearsed beforehand, or constantly played during ATS tour.

=/ many people complains about setlist, because they had high expectations, but were did you left the common sense?

I have common sense, i never said they were gonna come out. i just wish they would come out. a man can dream right?

According to Mark's tweet he thinks they are also roatating A1. My rankings would go b13, b11, a1, c5

I have common sense, i never said they were gonna come out. i just wish they would come out. a man can dream right?

Not taking sides or anything, because I couldn't really care less if PoA is played or not, but do they really have to rehearse it? They've only been playing it for 11 years now...

If they wanted to add it they could imo.

I'm really sad that SIB and POA is dropped from the setlist this year.

I'd be better start a petiton right now!! (lol)

I'm also one more thing to say that in this setlist I see that worst opening for an encore;

WJ&L/Iridescent + SOTD it make NO SENSE AT ALL!!!

Hey guys, back from the show.

Had an AWESOME time. Met up with a couple guys from LPA (Ben and Zane), they were pretty cool. Zane got his guitar signed by the band. I met an LPL member in line for the M&G, had a great conversation with him but I'm totally blanking on his name, sorry man! If you could post here, that'd be great.

The band was late getting to the show, we lined up for the M&G at 7:30 and then were told their flight hadn't even landed yet. It was around 8 before we got in, and they originally said the M&G was only going to be with Mike because the rest of the band was still on the way, but they all ended up showing up. M&G was actually held in a restaurant type section in the basement/backstage area.

I ended up getting the setlist from the show I went to on PR08 signed. Brad was really interested in it, he actually spent a bit looking over it. The guy next to me was having a conversation with Phoenix about the Super Bowl, I chimed in on that about how I'm a ironically a Steelers fan from Cleveland, and Joe responded to that with the quote of the night - "Oh, the Cleveland steamers, they're MY favorite team!" I told Joe I was excited to see the new video, someone else in the M&G asked him about Transformers 3 and he said it will be Iridescent in the film. I asked Rob about how he has his trigger pads built into real drum shells now, he said it's just to make it look cooler, said he'd like to get lights put inside his drums too. I told him it makes his drum set look bigger, "not Neil Peart huge, but it's getting there!" Chester responded to that by saying "we're working on it, that's our ultimate goal." :lol: Finally I asked Mike about being pulled up to play Faint (gave Pez a shout-out in the process), and he said that the band voted on it before the tour and decided they weren't doing it at all for this leg of U.S. shows (I honestly think with all the regulations in the U.S. these days, it might be a liability issue).

Anyway, the show was really good, they had a barricade that split the floor into two sections, we started off right up against the barricade in the rear section, but got up in the front section during the encore and wound up about 20 feet from the stage.

Setlist was as follows:

01. The Requiem/The Radiance (w/Mario Savio speech)

02. Papercut

03. Lying From You

04. Given Up (w/short extended outro)

05. What I've Done (w/new piano outro)

06. Empty Spaces

07. When They Come For Me

08. No More Sorrow (w/long intro)

09. Jornada Del Muerto

10. Waiting For the End

11. Burning in the Skies

12. Numb (piano transition into...)

13. The Radiance (live version)

14. Breaking the Habit (w/acapella ending)

15. Fallout

16. The Catalyst

17. Crawling

18. One Step Closer (w/extended outro)

19. Bleed it Out (w/APFMH over bridge, drum solo, and extended outro)

Encore

20. Wisdom, Justice, and Love

21. Iridescent

22. Shadow of the Day

23. In the End

24. New Divide

25. Faint (w/extended outro)

There were a bunch of interesting little details about the show that I remember...

-The new piano outro to WID really caught me off guard. I don't know if they've done that at any other shows on this tour, but it faded into the crickets and stuff at the beginning of Empty Spaces, probably went on for about 20-30 seconds.

-No Spanish part from Brad on WTCFM, just the siren on the megaphone.

-Before Jornada Del Muerto, Mike asked anybody who had cameras to pull them out, in reference to the live video of Waiting For the End that's being filmed using footage from the Chicago and St. Paul shows.

-There were some technical issues starting with Jornada Del Muerto, the long "droning" keyboard note at the beginning of the song cut out at one point.

-At the beginning of WFTE right when the intro sample kicked in, there was a really loud bass noise that obviously wasn't supposed to be there, not sure what that was about but I'd bet it'll get fixed on the DSP.

-Brad's guitar didn't work for the first few notes of Burning in the Skies, but other than that, the song sounded really good for a U.S. debut.

-Crawling had a lot of sample issues, Joe played the first note of the intro, then stopped, and they restarted it. Then, during the verses, some of his samples were either being played back at the wrong pitch or just didn't sound right (hard to tell with how loud it was in there), but his tech came out and was working on his gear for a solid minute or so during the song.

-Bleed it Out with APFMH in the bridge and the drum solo totally DESTROYS One Step Closer as a closing type of song (last song before encore or end of the show), I don't care what anybody else says. People went NUTS for APFMH.

-The encore really threw me for a loop, but I think it worked pretty well, it had a constant energy build over the course of those 5 songs.

-Just noticed this for all the gear heads, Chester's playing Fender Telecaster on Iridescent now.

-Joe and Phoenix were fucking around with each other during Shadow of the Day, Joe kept putting his mic up to Phoenix like he was trying to make him sing, then later on in the song they were clapping each other's hands together, haha.

-I don't know if this was intentional (it might transition better into Faint that way), but Joe didn't play the last note in the New Divide outro.

-Brad threw in some licks in the Faint outro solo I've never heard him play before, up until this point I've always heard him stick with variations on that tremolo picking part starting around the 12th fret on the D string, but he was all over the neck tonight.

Another random observation: The LPU M&G passes still say "A Thousand Suns World Tour 2010" on them. Whoops. :lol:

Anyway, I had a great time. Definitely the most fun I've had at an LP show, this is the 4th time I've seen them. The people running the M&G (I can't remember their names other than Hugo) were awesome, I was a little worried about the atmosphere of the M&G based on some past stories, but they made it really fun.

I also have to be at work in...6 hours and 17 minutes. I think I'm gonna try to sleep now. :lol:

I have to say this is the worst setlist so far though. Encore is the worst they have ever done wiith one interlude and two slow songs in a row...

Yeah I think that too but the rest is awesome!

I'd like - but i'm problably dreamin' - to open the econre with crawling (ext. reanimation intro) it would be awesome!

Vi hae 90% of the show recorded in either video or audio missed some by switching between and my iPod memory got full so I had to delete. Preband playing

I thought it was funny that Mike got a hat thrown at his face when he went in the croud and when Chester did before that it sounded like someone grabbed his mike for a second because it cut out

Someone kept blowing up ballons and then the security guys poped them everytime, wtf was with that? The people body surfing was more dangurous. Any way I thought the show was great