28.01.2011 - St. Paul, MN

hahninator

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with LP is that they have too many damn hits.

So do a lot of other bands. Some of them play every single one of their hits in a single show. Other bands, like LP, don't play every single. Also realize that this is the A Thousand Suns tour. There's going to be more material from that album than anything else

So do a lot of other bands. Some of them play every single one of their hits in a single show. Other bands, like LP, don't play every single. Also realize that this is the A Thousand Suns tour. There's going to be more material from that album than anything else

That's my problem with this setlist, they only played 5 full ATS songs. They played just as many M2M songs.

But regardless of the setlist, it was still a damn often show and I'm extremely grateful for everything that transpired. Can't wait to hear the DSP.

No way. You maybe don't like it, but OSC remains a fan favorite, and one of Linkin Park biggest hits. Not to mention the fact it gets the crownd going crazy, which is not the case of some ATS songs. So it will stay in the setlist for a very long time. And personaly, I'm very happy with that.

Your point? I mean besides stating the obvious. When MTM came out, i doubt WID, SOTD, BIO, and a bunch of other songs got the crowd going because it was very new. But now, the arena goes wild immediately the first notes to WID or BIO starts playing. It's all about time. Same thing happens with any other artist. I don't see how its that big of a deal. I already know the crowd loves OSC and all that jazz and i don't mind that. That's not my point. I just said that i think a better setlist for me would be void of that song and most of the Metora stuff they play. But unlike some people, a song doesn't make a break a show for me. In the end, its all about the performance and enjoying seeing my favourite band live.

Your point?

My point?Hm....to express my opinion maybe?

You said a setlist without OSC and with tons of ATS stuff would be the best ever.

And I was simply answering I fully disagree with you.

Then, after, I respect the fact you don't like some of LP old songs. But the way you're talking about it, it just seems like "I love ATS. So just play ATS live. And f*ck the other fans who love the other songs."

Edited by Qwerty18

"I love ATS. So just play ATS live. And f*ck the other fans who love the other songs."

Now we're onto something! The past is old news. LP need to be playing new stuff, b-sides, and demos they're working on before the show. Anyways, back to the reality of loving a mainstream band :)

It was fun meeting you Astat. BTW our banner got on stage and there are multiple pics of it including one where Mike is RIGHT over it.

Yes, this is probably the worst song selection the band has ever done :lol:, but it was still the greatest night of my life and the performance was perfect.

Haha the weird intro to WFTE was REALLY noticeable now that I think of it.

Yeah, I couldn't see it from where I was but that's pretty sweet that it ended up on the stage!

And I finally watched my videos from the show, that sample that played at the beginning of WFTE scared the crap out of Brad and he didn't start playing the piano part until the drums came in. :lol:

I hope you're talking about me, the guy in line right next to you. My name's Austin. It was great to meet you, hope I can post more on the website!

Yep, that would be you!

A couple other things to add to the discussions going on here...

-W&K being dropped: I can understand why. Compared to how a lot of the other ATS songs are translating live, W&K is really sub-par at the moment. Mike sounds out of breath on it a lot, Chester's always off with the timing on the sampled parts he plays, and they're sampling the majority of the guitar/bass so Brad and Phoenix stand around doing nothing for a good portion of the song. Yes, it's a high-energy song that a lot of fans like, but so is Blackout, and Blackout sounds a lot better live at this point. I doubt W&K is gone for good, it's still a potential single at some point, after all. They just need to work on it.

-The encore: I honestly don't have a problem with the encore, although it started off kind of slow. Each song in that encore has more energy in it than the one before it. Generally I like encores that start off with a high-energy song, and Iridescent by itself would've been a terrible choice to open an encore, but with WJ&L before it, it really worked in my opinion. Sure beats My December/Pushing Me Away piano versions and Breaking the Habit as the first encore in some of the 2008 sets.

My point?Hm....to express my opinion maybe?

You said a setlist without OSC and with tons of ATS stuff would be the best ever.

And I was simply answering I fully disagree with you.

Then, after, I respect the fact you don't like some of LP old songs. But the way you're talking about it, it just seems like "I love ATS. So just play ATS live. And f*ck the other fans who love the other songs."

Dude, where did you get that from? My mind wasn't even anywhere near that train. Yes i am absolutely in love with ATS and would metaphorically die and go to heaven if the band ever played ATS from beginning to end. And yes, i don't particularly care for some of LP's old stuff anymore. The reason i no longer care for them is the same reason i think their inclusion in a set is a negative. And those songs are their angsty material. Whether you want to believe it or not, but LP has grown beyond those songs that focus on those simply angst. It's no longer relevant to them and to me because i realized that i've grown along with them to where they are now. I haven't played Numb in like forever and the only time i enjoy it is when i see it live because the enthusiasm of the fans is infectious and the band makes you want to sing along regardless. So a setlist that has been tapered down to a few angsty stuff is a win for me and would come across better to represent the direction the band is already heading on. It would make the set more cohesive.

But unlike some people, i am able to be realistic. I know a bunch of fans love those angsty stuff. And i don't mind that. LP is my favourite band because i love 90% of their stuff including those angsty stuff occasionally. I know that the chances of them actually getting rid of all their angsty stuff is slim and it doesn't bother me. I know there is no such thing as the perfect setlist and never will be. I am not living in the clouds. What's works for me might not work for the masses if you want to be cliche. Like i said, at the end of the day, its all about seeing my favourite band live and rocking out with other fans who together, make the experience fun and worth it regardless of any hangups on their set.

-W&K being dropped: I can understand why. Compared to how a lot of the other ATS songs are translating live, W&K is really sub-par at the moment. Mike sounds out of breath on it a lot, Chester's always off with the timing on the sampled parts he plays, and they're sampling the majority of the guitar/bass so Brad and Phoenix stand around doing nothing for a good portion of the song. Yes, it's a high-energy song that a lot of fans like, but so is Blackout, and Blackout sounds a lot better live at this point. I doubt W&K is gone for good, it's still a potential single at some point, after all. They just need to work on it.

I respectfully disagree with you on this.

I saw Requiem into Wretches twice live to start the show and the place BLEW UP. Like I know crowds get pumped when LP comes on stage, but it was so awesome being in the pit for WAK to start the show. The place starts screaming HEY HEY at those few points, hands are up, place is rockin'. I was like WTF when I heard it opened the Argentina show but Wretches is a GREAT song live from what I saw. And I saw it once in the pit and once from the side of the stage. The other time it didn't have Savio before it, I was in the pit but that was Atlanta and the crowd basically sucked in my opinion. But the place was jamming in Sunrise and Tampa. Disregarding what Phoenix and Brad play in the song, it has tons of energy and the band looks like they have a blast playing it. I don't understand why you'd say Blackout is better because I think that song is much weaker than WAK live.

I think WAK should be in each setlist and it really shocks me it's not. Post show in Sunrise all I could do was talk about how awesome it was to see Requiem go into Wretches to make the crowd go nuts.

/2 cents of disagreement

So a setlist that has been tapered down to a few angsty stuff is a win for me and would come across better to represent the direction the band is already heading on.

You said it yourself, it would better represent their direction right now (which can still change btw). But in my logic, a good show have to represent a band in its entirety, and show all of its faces, not only their current sound. Linkin Park is not only ATS. They actually have an angsty side. So, to me, a cohesive set have to show that. But a guess this is only a matter of different opinions....

I agree on the fact the more important thing is to enjoy the show btw.

I respectfully disagree with you on this.

I saw Requiem into Wretches twice live to start the show and the place BLEW UP. Like I know crowds get pumped when LP comes on stage, but it was so awesome being in the pit for WAK to start the show. The place starts screaming HEY HEY at those few points, hands are up, place is rockin'. I was like WTF when I heard it opened the Argentina show but Wretches is a GREAT song live from what I saw. And I saw it once in the pit and once from the side of the stage. The other time it didn't have Savio before it, I was in the pit but that was Atlanta and the crowd basically sucked in my opinion. But the place was jamming in Sunrise and Tampa. Disregarding what Phoenix and Brad play in the song, it has tons of energy and the band looks like they have a blast playing it. I don't understand why you'd say Blackout is better because I think that song is much weaker than WAK live.

I think WAK should be in each setlist and it really shocks me it's not. Post show in Sunrise all I could do was talk about how awesome it was to see Requiem go into Wretches to make the crowd go nuts.

/2 cents of disagreement

The crowd's reaction and how much the band enjoys playing it really doesn't have anything to do with the song sounding like shit live, which it does. I think the only song that sounds as bad live as W&K does right now is BITS, but BITS is already improving considerably.

*Edit* On a completely different note: http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/videoplaye...;MM_FILE_ID=267 Proshot clips of Papercut and Lying From You from St. Paul!