17: Shadow of the Day

18: Crawling

19: One Step Closer

Encore

20: The Messenger

- happ birthday to Rob

21: In The End

22. What I've Done

23. Bleed It Out (w/ A Place For My Head during Bridge)

APFMH over BIO= EPIC!! Hope you all agree!!

Edited by kurtis912

Setlist looks pretty good, though I find Burning in the Skies strangely not on it since it's the new single that they are shooting a video for rigth now.

BITS will probably be in setlist B or C

Edit: Mark said they didn't play fallout and Catalyst because Brad didn't want to and he was sick

Edited by blakebeats

I love this setlist(with The Catalyst added in there of course) because it kicks ass and has almost all of ATS in it. The setlist finally comes to the United States. All the people moaning about it, you honestly have no reason to because you're not at the show but stalking the band online.

i saw this setlist when i was lucky enough to be in berlin last october (had catalyst and fallout in it). its a good set with alot of a ATS in it. nothing to whine or complain about but i was hoping for blackout or BITS tho like most of the rest of us. This is the set i would see in vegas and LA too... im hoping they play diff songs in sets B and C and then i can maybe trade my tickets for LA for a diff show to see some new songs.

I love this setlist(with The Catalyst added in there of course) because it kicks ass and has almost all of ATS in it. The setlist finally comes to the United States. All the people moaning about it, you honestly have no reason to because you're not at the show but stalking the band online.

I agree... The more they do for the fans, the more they complain.

lamest way to start 2011

Agreed. Was hoping for a totally new set with Blackout, Burning In The Skies and Robot Boy. I was also hoping for some older songs, surprises and what not. Obviously not because LP never does anything exciting at all. I better hear Blackout live at one of the three shows that I'm going to or I will be pissed.

Got into soundcheck by a friend of a friend. I thought it'd be cool to update LPL with soundcheck stuff.

My iPhone notes during soundcheck: all this is in order.

20 mins of joe and mike playing samples to everything. blackout piano, all sorts of stuff. strings.

welcome to soundcheck speech by mike that we will post; got it on video. basically explained all about how they are making 3 brand new setlists RIGHT NOW on stage. band met like for 10 mins before the first song to discuss them. said brad is sick so hes not soundchecking but he will be at the show. so they sampled all his guitar parts at soundcheck. he made a note to tell us that they do NOT sample guitars live lol. he said they are rehearsing songs that we won't see at tonight's show or for a while on tour.

Wtcfm then nms intro tease

2nd half requiem x2

Wretches then papercut intro tease

Jam then Blackout /phx on bass gtr. bridge samples not working.

3 false starts of blackout up to chorus1. chaz random vox here and there, every few lines.

mike says phx learning it on gtr to play but it's hard to get the tech specs right on it

Blackout again

Blackout another time. still having bridge sample issues.

-break here for ten mins-

Blackout album vox /phx on the pads and not gtr. bridge stuff works.

Mike talks about chaz not singing blackout every time they rehearse it cause of his voice, hard song to sing

Blackout instru jam. chaz talks about it being like an 80s song. it was the end piano by mike with rob drumming over it, sometimes with joe samples and stuff. sounded GREAT.

chaz says soundcheck is boring to him, he thinks it's not fun lol

Bits then jam with bits samples, parts

Bits again. mike playing the solo after each attempt they do it. played it like 3x in a row.

Bits jam; mike w/new gtr

Bits

Wisdom j l

Iridescent. hugo taking pic of us and the flag with band in background mid song here.

Numb short instru jam, not full song. maybe 1-2 mins max.

Radiance

Loatr. joe sitting on stage right watching all the stuff now LOL

Catalyst w/no intro. mike says start after intro. 2nd half had chaz vox only. chaz was gone and came back on the ending of LIFT ME UP, etc.

Messenger chaz on gtr

Short Loatr jam

Then m&g with the band. no brad.

then did MFR. fucking epic. I can confirm pendulum closed with watercolour.

went to the pit, got like 8 rows back semi left side. ROCKING.

Same set as Euro n1, here's the notes: not in order. Tired as fuck.

Mikes blue gtr broke mid song on crawling and he went off stage left to get the cool sib one with all that art on it. Believe it happened during verse2.

Mike in crowd on ite verse2 and bridge, chaz in crowd on numb chorus2 to end

Chaz messed up nms lyrics at the last chorus 2 times. 2 lines in a row he fucked it. He skipped one line and sang the wrong shit on the next line. After the song he said something about he had to spit. Mike said like "oh I was just about to see if you were ok" messing around lol

Radiance was extended. After speech1 mike played a much much longer keyboard piece and said into the vocoder mic "does this one work?" crowd yelled so he played a bit more then sang his part. No effect. But the effect worked just fine on radiance in soundcheck.

Fallout and catalyst were cut likely due to vocoder issues even though catalyst was ok @ soundcheck. Long ass encore break, started with messenger. No brad at soundcheck btw so we got messenger w Chaz on gtr lol

Chaz tried to talk before ite for the bday stuff but Joe started the song. Mike walked all the way up to the top of the stage immediately and said stop lol. So then we sang happy bday before ite could continue.

Otherwise everything was good. Megaphone brad before the outro of wtcfm. Mix wasn't the best but cool show. Apfmh on bio is god damn insane. Requiem into wretches is my highlight. Easily. EPIC opener.

Our flag was on stage all show and disappeared during the encore. Nowhere to be found. WTF.

so brad wasn't why they dropped the songs im sure since he was god damn jamming the whole show lol. all up in our face with the guitar on bleed it out and stuff. dropped cause of vocoder issue probably. pooch says it wasn't a curfew thing.

TIRED. GOODNIGHT. text me if you need info.

Rotating sets HAVE been confirmed by Mike, so this would only be one of the three anyway.

No, they have not been confirmed by Mike or anybody else for that matter...

...just like I told everybody almost a month ago.

the next two might just be the two other sets we saw in 2010. the Lying From You/LOATR one and the one that has WTCFM in the encore.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were the case. Nobody in the U.S. has seen a full-length ATS show before tonight, so why should they feel obligated to do anything different than what they did in Europe and Australia? They're all good sets, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i hope they at least add burning in the skies. seeing as its the next single

They probably won't add BITS as an "every night" song for a while, I doubt the single/video are going to be out before the end of the U.S. tour anyway.

They did the same thing with the 1st show of PR08, they cut the 1st main single (WID) from the set and pretty much did the same thing (cut The Catalyst). Trust me, this is probably not going to be one of the main 3 sets. They just used this set to get fans warmed up for the rest of the tour.

Or they could just be playing what they've been planning on playing all along, since they never said they were doing new and/or rotating sets in the first place.

damn what happened to 3 new sets? Oh well. Damn that sucks about TC. Id be pissed lol

You mean the sets they were supposedly making up on stage during soundcheck earlier tonight? If they were doing that, there's NO WAY they're going to start playing them right away. Maybe on the second leg of the tour or something, but if they weren't doing anything new during tour rehearsals, there's no way they'd come up with something a couple hours before the first show of the tour starts and immediately do it in front of an audience.

Lame set

Excellent set (other than Fallout/The Catalyst being missing).

lamest way to start 2011

Nobody in that audience had ever seen that set before (unless they flew overseas for a show), and with MAYBE one or two exceptions (I doubt anybody there was at any of the promo performaces in SoCal/NYC), none of them had ever seen anything from ATS performed live before. I doubt they cared one bit. Sounds like a great way to start a tour to me.

Agreed. Was hoping for a totally new set with Blackout, Burning In The Skies and Robot Boy. I was also hoping for some older songs, surprises and what not. Obviously not because LP never does anything exciting at all. I better hear Blackout live at one of the three shows that I'm going to or I will be pissed.

Yes, I'm sure they'll go out of their way to make sure one song gets played just for you, because the other 24 songs you get to hear totally suck. :rolleyes:

And I'm not even going to address the "LP never does anything exciting" comment, except to say that as usual, you're making statements that don't reflect well on your intellectual capacity.

The Pendulum set was allegedely-

Propane Nightmares

Comprachicos

The Vulture

Witchcraft

Master of Puppets

The Island Part 1

Watercolour

Though this hasn't been verified or confirmed in any way.

Master of Puppets must be the "top secret cover song" they posted a preview of on Youtube a few days ago.

Fallout and catalyst were cut likely due to vocoder issues even though catalyst was ok @ soundcheck. Long ass encore break, started with messenger. No brad at soundcheck btw so we got messenger w Chaz on gtr lol

so brad wasn't why they dropped the songs im sure since he was god damn jamming the whole show lol. all up in our face with the guitar on bleed it out and stuff. dropped cause of vocoder issue probably. pooch says it wasn't a curfew thing.

The vocoder effect isn't used on The Catalyst, so if that was the issue, they probably would've just dropped Fallout, not both of them. It was probably time-related, just because it wasn't due to a curfew doesn't mean the band didn't cut stuff because the show started so late.