Blackout and Burning In The Skies Live Debut!

[AndOne]

I know most people here would get angry at me, especially the "Chester-dominant fans", but could Chester just STOP STEALING MIKE SHINODA'S SPOTLIGHT...

What I mean is, in Burning In The Skies, verse two should be sung by Mike ALONE because that is what it is supposed to be. Why did Chester sung it with his voice louder than Mike's. It's okay if it's lower, but not louder like it is his part.

The performance was okay but I think Chester should refrain from doing that.

:(

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time the guys did a song where a guitar isnt played live. That is excluding All intervals, LPJZ and Acoustic songs :P

Nope. FRGT/10 was the first song without any guitar in it (that meets those criteria) that they played live.

I know most people here would get angry at me, especially the "Chester-dominant fans", but could Chester just STOP STEALING MIKE SHINODA'S SPOTLIGHT...

What I mean is, in Burning In The Skies, verse two should be sung by Mike ALONE because that is what it is supposed to be. Why did Chester sung it with his voice louder than Mike's. It's okay if it's lower, but not louder like it is his part.

The performance was okay but I think Chester should refrain from doing that.

:(

It's not Chester's fault if his microphone is louder than Mike's. He has no control over that.

Well holy damn they played Blackout. NICE debut. I thought the song would be a total disaster live, and what do you know, Chester did really well. The band nailed it in my opinion. The intro is so haunting, especially live (love the clapping of the hands), the lighting is wicked. The bridge gets nasty as hell, Joe pressing samples all over the place, Chester smashing the drums, Mike and Phoenix headbanging a bit. No Brad to be found anywhere at first but when he comes in he's jamming on drums. This is a GREAT track. I hope they keep this shit in for 2011, I'd love to see this baby opening a setlist. Mike sounds great, the second half is rocking. The shades on him in the spotlight = A+. LOVE the debut. Couldn't be any better whatsoever from me. Song sounds very nice and is much more energetic than a LOT of LP live debuts.

So I have no idea why so many people are bitching. I was waiting for this one to be played...I really didn't think they'd do this one until maybe the very last tour for ATS but I'm very glad they added it in in Australia.

BITS was good. I like the very beginning sample. I was kind of confused as to how they were going to start it but this is a good way in my opinion. Mike of course is going to be shaky on vocals on a song like this for the first time played but hopefully he'll progress to the point where it's rocking. Pooch or whoever should lower Chester's mic volume so he isn't so loud (I also HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the loud double vox on WFTE live). I was very surprised to see Mike playing guitar on the solo. The song needs a bit more practice...I can't pick out exactly what sounds off to me but I still like it and I'm glad it was added in. More additions always is good lol.

Now there's no excuse to not have three rotating setlists for the USA tour. I like them randomly adding in songs in the middle of a tour, lol that was almost nonexistant before for LP. In the last few years at least in my opinion, it's pretty rare for LP to do that. I can't wait to see these songs live. I'm REALLY glad Iridescent is rotating with BITS at this point.

But case in point, Blackout is just nasty as it gets. It needs to open a show immediately, into like Papercut or FTI. Extend the synth intro a lot and make it just haunting as can be with epic NMS intro lights and all sorts of production shit and you'll have a SWEET opening track for a setlist.

Melbourne night 2 setlist is the best I have seen from Linkin in years. Absolutely awesome. VERY VERY happy with LP at the moment.

Well holy damn they played Blackout. NICE debut. I thought the song would be a total disaster live, and what do you know, Chester did really well. The band nailed it in my opinion. The intro is so haunting, especially live (love the clapping of the hands), the lighting is wicked. The bridge gets nasty as hell, Joe pressing samples all over the place, Chester smashing the drums, Mike and Phoenix headbanging a bit. No Brad to be found anywhere at first but when he comes in he's jamming on drums. This is a GREAT track. I hope they keep this shit in for 2011, I'd love to see this baby opening a setlist. Mike sounds great, the second half is rocking. The shades on him in the spotlight = A+. LOVE the debut. Couldn't be any better whatsoever from me. Song sounds very nice and is much more energetic than a LOT of LP live debuts.

So I have no idea why so many people are bitching. I was waiting for this one to be played...I really didn't think they'd do this one until maybe the very last tour for ATS but I'm very glad they added it in in Australia.

BITS was good. I like the very beginning sample. I was kind of confused as to how they were going to start it but this is a good way in my opinion. Mike of course is going to be shaky on vocals on a song like this for the first time played but hopefully he'll progress to the point where it's rocking. Pooch or whoever should lower Chester's mic volume so he isn't so loud (I also HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the loud double vox on WFTE live). I was very surprised to see Mike playing guitar on the solo. The song needs a bit more practice...I can't pick out exactly what sounds off to me but I still like it and I'm glad it was added in. More additions always is good lol.

Now there's no excuse to not have three rotating setlists for the USA tour. I like them randomly adding in songs in the middle of a tour, lol that was almost nonexistant before for LP. In the last few years at least in my opinion, it's pretty rare for LP to do that. I can't wait to see these songs live. I'm REALLY glad Iridescent is rotating with BITS at this point.

But case in point, Blackout is just nasty as it gets. It needs to open a show immediately, into like Papercut or FTI. Extend the synth intro a lot and make it just haunting as can be with epic NMS intro lights and all sorts of production shit and you'll have a SWEET opening track for a setlist.

Melbourne night 2 setlist is the best I have seen from Linkin in years. Absolutely awesome. VERY VERY happy with LP at the moment.

Brad actually plays keys for the first part of Blackout, he's up on that riser behind Mike, same spot he stands when he plays the keyboard part at the very end of The Catalyst. You can see him at the beginning of Narc's video.

BITS had a couple hiccups, Mike's guitar didn't get turned up for the first few notes of the guitar solo so you couldn't hear it, and I think it could use some more work on the backing vocals. Listen to the first few performances of WFTE and compare them with how the song sounds now, they really worked on the backing vocals on that one (although I think they might be singing over the top of a backing track too, kind of like the gang vocals on Iridescent).

And as far as the rotating setlists goes, I think they're actually set up pretty nicely already. When they did rotating setlists in the past, they usually swapped a couple songs every night and changed up the order of the rest of the set. They're kind of doing the same thing now, but they're keeping the song order mostly the same. I can see the logic behind that, they're essentially doing the same thing they did in the past but now they can focus on perfecting every aspect of the current show since it's designed to flow together more than anything they've done before.

I'm just hoping they eventually do play the album start to finish at some point, they're one song away from being able to do that.

I totally was thinking the same thing. blackout to open the show would be amazing!!!!

I'm sad that Iridescent or BTH didnt make it, but but I'd gladly trade both of those for Blackout.

Sorry to hear that about the drunk person. Back in 08, my wife and I went to a Foo Fighters concert. While we stood up to watch them and the people behind us chose to sit. They got angry at us and poured beer all in my wife's seat. I didn't know about this until after the concert or I would have gotten them thrown out. Hopefully your next concert experience will be better!

Well I'm sorry to hear about your drunken experience. He wasn't really causing that much trouble near us he was just running up and down the aisles yelling out stupid comments (but enough to annoy us). Towards the end of the concert he decide to light a cigarette.

everyone seen my latest upload of blackout? its on youtube - i'd get the link but im posting from work and as you'd probably expect... everything is blocked! just search for blackout narc85 LPLive and you should find it ;) it's from sydney on the 15th of december... good recording i think - can't wait to mix it with the dsp!

'burning' is coming next ;)

everyone seen my latest upload of blackout? its on youtube - i'd get the link but im posting from work and as you'd probably expect... everything is blocked! just search for blackout narc85 LPLive and you should find it ;) it's from sydney on the 15th of december... good recording i think - can't wait to mix it with the dsp!

'burning' is coming next ;)

Here is the link :)

Thanks for this video, it is just awesome!

everyone seen my latest upload of blackout? its on youtube - i'd get the link but im posting from work and as you'd probably expect... everything is blocked! just search for blackout narc85 LPLive and you should find it ;)  it's from sydney on the 15th of december... good recording i think - can't wait to mix it with the dsp!

I found it and looked. Thank you very much for the video recording. Amazing performance Blackout Live.

'burning' is coming next 

Waiting .....  :D

Here is the link :)

Thanks for this video, it is just awesome!

absolutely no problems at all mate :) glad you enjoyed it! should look/sound great when mixed with the DSP audio!

I found it and looked. Thank you very much for the video recording. Amazing performance Blackout Live.

Waiting ..... :D

no probs dude! still working on 'burning in the skies'... at the moment i'm juggling a few fan requests as well as getting the entire brisbane show to an LPLiver who is going to mix it with the DSP audio ;) last night i opted to upload faint live in perth with monty on guitar (mixed with DSP audio) as i'd promised him i'd work on that as well :)

This x10000000000 :)

Thanks for the killer "Blackout" video, Narc! Great quality! Hoping you'll upload "BITS" soon too ;)

no worries :) tonight maybe? bit of a full-on night ahead but it shouldn't be too much trouble getting BitS up :) just hope my net won't die on my like it's been doing these past few nights!

EDIT: net seems to be working great tonight! finished sending the LPLiver the brisbane files and am now currently uploading 'burning in the skies' from the second sydney show... about 10% through - says it's going to take about an hour - so look out for it soon!

Edited by Narc85

no probs dude! still working on 'burning in the skies'... at the moment i'm juggling a few fan requests as well as getting the entire brisbane show to an LPLiver who is going to mix it with the DSP audio  ;) last night i opted to upload faint live in perth with monty on guitar (mixed with DSP audio) as i'd promised him i'd work on that as well :)

Perfectly. I looking forward to this. :lol:

it's live guys :)

might hold off releasing more until i've got all the DSPs... not sure... opinions? :)

I looked. :huh:

Not bad. ;)

But I will stay with the same opinion, does not inspire me to Burning in the skies LIVE. Maybe it just yet. I will wait a video recording from a concert in proshot's.

* Narc85, thanks anyway for the video BITS. :D

I prefer this performance although it isn't as good as Blackout yet. But it gets better with the time and I'm sure we'll have our nearly perfect performance in 2011.

By the way, am I the only one who loves the lights?

I love the lights too! B)