The Tel Aviv Wish List

hahninator

Linkin Park is playing their first ever show in Israel in a little over two weeks at Yarkon Park in Tel Aviv. A local website in Israel has posted an article on the "demands" of the band...as in what the band wants for their performance at the show. These type of articles don't really surface very often, especially for Linkin Park, so I thought I'd some of it here for you to enjoy. It's actually in Hebrew (I believe) so the translation is really rough, but this here are some of the things that Linkin Park wants for their Tel Aviv show. If you've watched LP's Frat Party At The Pancake Festival DVD, you'll see that they get to submit a list of things they want at each show, whether it's a hundred bottles of water, turkey and cheese sandwiches, soda, etc. Some artists have crazy requests, but here's some of what LP wants in Tel Aviv!

First of all, they state that ALL backstage rooms at the show, including those of the Iraeli production company, will have NO smoking and NO alcohol at all.

Some of the other requests:

- 100 towels, 24 black and yellow, hung on special racks made of metal and gold

- Personal rooms for each band member, built behind a gym on the facility

- Food for EIGHT days, including sausages, Belgian waffles, with maple syrup oatmeal porridge

- Recommendations on three local restaurants in Tel Aviv in case that want to go out to eat after the show

A total list of the food the band is requesting: coffee and tea, a blender, a toaster, Tabasco, Heinz ketchup, mustard

(American), mayonnaise, 48 bottles of water at room temperature, fizzy drinks like Coca Cola, Dr Pepper, Fanta. Four cans of Red Bull, a variety of fresh bagels, cream cheese, granola bars, package of cookies, Oreos, two packets of oatmeal bars, a jar of roasted peanuts, chips and salsa, pretzels, cereal packages of Cheerios, a variety of fresh fruits, various vegetables, white bread, seven grain bread, tuna in water, and a jar of Nutella!

Interesting what goes into a Linkin Park performance!

The original article can be read here.

The English translation can be read here.

indeed hebrew :) on side note mark... support for LP in tel aviv has been anounced :)

Some Israeli rapper named 'Quami' will open up for LP :)

Worth mentioning... he was chosen personally by the band

English source:

Quami to open for Linkin Park

Local hard rocking, hip hop outfit Quami and the Halvot have been hand-picked by Linkin Park to open up their show on November 15 at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv.

Promoter Shuki Weiss sent the American metal band dozens of submissions by Israeli artists vying for the honor, and the members chose the eclectic MC Quami, the host of the popular Galgalatz radio show Haketze, and his band for the coveted warm up spot.

“The Halvot and I are in the middle of very active time, and we’re really happy to have been picked,” said Quami adding that the group has recruited the vocalist of local metal band Betzefer, Avital Tamir, to put in a guest appearance with them. Quami and the Halvot have just released a new single recorded with Rami Fortis, “Squeeze Me,” which is garnering a lot of local airplay. Their second album, following their 2007 debut, is slated to be released soon.

Source: jpost.com

Edited by Tomer

haha wow... they eat surprisingly healthy for a rock band! ;)

i was thinking though - surely these kinds of 'demands' now come from management rather than the band themselves?

i thought those requests sounded pretty reasonable.

surprised by the fact that there was 'no smoking/no alcohol' - i'm a drinker, but good on em

"A total list of the food the band is requesting: coffee and tea, a blender, a toaster, Tabasco, Heinz ketchup, mustard

(American), mayonnaise, 48 bottles of water at room temperature, fizzy drinks like Coca Cola, Dr Pepper, Fanta. Four cans of Red Bull, a variety of fresh bagels, cream cheese, granola bars, package of cookies, Oreos, two packets of oatmeal bars, a jar of roasted peanuts, chips and salsa, pretzels, cereal packages of Cheerios, a variety of fresh fruits, various vegetables, white bread, seven grain bread, tuna in water, and a jar of Nutella!"

this is for a 6 guys band or a football team?

Male Divas! Lol kidding.

Edit: I wonder why they are staying there for 8 days. Maybe they could find some more Middle Eastern influences for new songs/demos :) I love Chester's Eastern sounding chanting on WTCFM.

Edited by ree_ree

this is actually really cool, and i'm honestly surprised by it. that's such a mild request list given how big an act they are. I work a tiny performing arts venue, and you'd be surprised what people/groups request, whether they be a band, a stand up comedian, a group of dancers, etc etc, from varying locations around the world and various levels of fame.

neat-o

Edited by McArt

Sweet Lists. I love seeing things like this. I love how some people/bands request only a certain color of M&Ms or certain type of entertainment (movies still in theaters, strippers, etc...). While the yellow and black towel is kinda weird, LP looks relatively normal compared to other rock stars.