23.10.2010 - Linz, Austria

hahninator

Today Linkin Park plays the third show of their European leg of the "A Thousand Suns" World Tour in Linz, Austria at the TipsArena. This is the band's first performance in Linz, however, they are not strangers to Austria at all, performing there as recently as last summer in Graz. An interesting note is that this will be the fourth year in a row that they've visited Austria (NovaRock in 07, Graz in 08, Graz in 09 and Linz this year).

The setlist last night in Stuttgart was the same set they've been playing with no real changes besides a few small messups (Shadow guitar solo & Mike on the Bleed It Out bridge). There is one final hope today of having a rotating setlist for this tour, although the chances are looking slimmer and slimmer by the day. In the past, they've started a tour by playing the same set two shows in a row (in this case it'd be Berlin & Stuttgart) before moving on to another. For example: A, A, B, B, C, C, and then they'd go A, B, C.

Although doubtful, it's still possible and hey, we'll still speculate about it because we're LPLive and that's what we do! So if they don't rotate, when will the other ATS songs debut live? Or how about "Points Of Authority" that Rob mentioned at the Berlin M&G? Are those coming in 2010? Or maybe they'll all come in 2011 if the band decides to start rotating sets then?

So who from LPLive is going to the show tonight in Linz?

Also it's important to note that LP posted on Twitter that they indeed are still playing in Paris on Monday. Rumors that the show would be canceled were fueled by Lady Gaga canceling yesterday and today's shows she had at Bercy (the same venue LP is playing at) due to strikes. Fort Minor canceled their performance in Paris in 2005 due to riots, but all is well for LP. People are saying the show will be starting a little bit earlier than planned...LPLive member "linkinpark-64" from France said, ""Nous prod" which organizes the show in France informed us yesterday that the show will start earlier : 20.30 to let us go back home earlier. There are less trains because of the strike."

I hope everyone is doing well. If you get a chance, check out Ana's awesome pictures and videos from the show last night and also just browse YouTube for some Berlin and Stuttgart footage, because the stage is pretty cool and the band is looking pretty solid live right now!

SETLIST:

01. The Requiem

02. Wretches & Kings

03. Papercut

04. Given Up

05. New Divide

06. Faint

07. Empty Spaces

08. When They Come For Me

09. No More Sorrow

10. Jornada Del Muerto

11. Waiting For The End

12. Wisdom, Justice, & Love

13. Iridescent

14. Numb

15. The Radiance (Live Version)

16. Breaking The Habit

17. Shadow Of The Day

18. Crawling

19. One Step Closer

-------

20. Fallout

21. The Catalyst

22. The Messenger

23. In The End

24. What I've Done

25. Bleed It Out

Edit: Find the showpage here.

A huge thanks goes out to Pooch for giving us the setlist after the show.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotating sets - not yet, 100%

I am not (already) disappointed by not rotating the setlist, i just cannot fucking believe they dropped from the inside..

But they said they will tour till the end of 2011, so i don't believe they will play the same setlist for a whole year, lol.

I still believe that Europe will be rotating setlist AA BB..., but now I fear that Austria will be heard again in the setlist, we know. I thought of that because today's show takes place in another country and so may not see a big reason the LP changed setlist. Maybe in Europe will change randomly, without any system. For the moment, hopefully we will have a little more clear...

With regards to the whole rotating setlist thing. Anyone ever think that maybe LP are just trying to comfortable with playing the new stuff live, both lyrically and muscially.

Everyone is dying to hear Blackout live (including me), but Blackout is going to be complicated as hell to perform live. My guess is, it will be the last song from the new stuff that we will hear live.

Robot Boy has the whole band singing on it for just about the whole song. It could be that Brad, Joe and Phoenix aren't quite up to performing that one live just yet. Those guys have only started singing live for the first time ever on this tour (bar Phoenix who's done TLTGYA). Remember how Mike was when he first started singing more stuff live. He seemed quite nervous and shy about singing when compared to rapping but obviously he's way more comfortable now. Could be the same for Brad, Joe and Phoenix so they may need a bit of time.

BITS has a fair bit of Mike singing on it too. Mike's always said that the reason he doesn't perform NRL is because it takes a lot out of him. Maybe its the same with BITS.

Give it time and we'll see some rotating setlists. Maybe LP are just trying to nail down the new songs lyrically, musically, the new interludes and transitions between one song to the next before they start mixing it up.

Just my thoughts on the matter, thats all.

With regards to the whole rotating setlist thing. Anyone ever think that maybe LP are just trying to comfortable with playing the new stuff live, both lyrically and muscially.

I'm sure they are trying to be comfortable with the new stuff. But I fell like (from what I've read and heard) they try to be too perfect live.

I wouldn't mind if they have some human errors on they perfomance. That would make Live alive.

Their recent concerts are somehow like play the singles and say thank you. Not much interactions.

And didn't Lp say they want to be challenged? If they do wanna get challenged then they should rotate the setlist everynight! (Except the new ATS stuff)

I hate to hear crap from "fans" that say (not here) : They shouldn't play the other old stuff cuz the "new fans" would be confused and afraid.

And I say: WTF? So if LP play with you or lying from you, "new fans" would think: "ehh what song is that?" That is the most stupidest thing I've ever heard.

And then this comment: They haven't practice this (insert track name here) song. That's why they won't play it.

Well I would say: "If they can practice the songs from the setlist they could practice (insert track name here) aswell."

I mean look at a band like Metallica. Watch this video on how they do their setlist.

Don't tell me LP can't do it.

That's my 2 cents for today.

Edited by majorfort

tice (insert track name here) aswell."

I mean look at a band like Metallica. Watch this video on how they do their setlist.

I think the reason LP dont do their setlist like Metallica is because they have four members whereas LP has 6 meaning more conflicting feelings on songs they want to play. LP's stuff is more electronic and pretty sure when people petitioned for them to add APFMH they couldnt because Joe didnt have the samples and Rob would have to add in a part to his drumkit. Astat would probably have a better answer to that. Metallica are more of a band that are fanfriendly to their fans whereas unfortunately LP isnt.

I think the reason LP dont do their setlist like Metallica is because they have four members whereas LP has 6 meaning more conflicting feelings on songs they want to play. LP's stuff is more electronic and pretty sure when people petitioned for them to add APFMH they couldnt because Joe didnt have the samples and Rob would have to add in a part to his drumkit. Astat would probably have a better answer to that. Metallica are more of a band that are fanfriendly to their fans whereas unfortunately LP isnt.

I think LP is one of the fan friendlily acts out there. One of the reasons i love LP is that they are LP and not like other bands such as Metallica. I don't get what is so great about those guys.

The ideal set-list varies as much as personalities from fan to fan anyways.

I think LP is one of the fan friendlily acts out there. One of the reasons i love LP is that they are LP

Jeez what a great argument.

and not like other bands such as Metallica. I don't get what is so great about those guys.

I'm not one to argue on peoples opinions but the fact that they have set the bar for tons of bands and have had a huge influence on many bands throughout the years. Have managed to stay relevant for 30 Years... im just gonna stop.

The ideal set-list varies as much as personalities from fan to fan anyways.

This is the most you have made sense in your entire post. And i agree 100% on this