23.10.2010 - Linz, Austria

hahninator

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was there and i'm back home now to tell you guys the setlist.

the requiem

wretches and kings

papercut

given up

new divide

faint

empty spaces

when they come for me

no more sorrow

jornada del muerto

waiting for the end

wisdom, justice and love (extended outro)

iriedescent

breaking the habit (extended outro)

shadow of the day

crawling

one step closer

(ENCORE)

------------

fallout

the catalyst

the messenger (extended outro)

in the end

what i've done

bleed it out (featuring "burning in the skies" -bridge)

last but not least:

no roads left

just joking.. they will never play NRL :(

ok well either way all i want is LPUX news 2mrow, if not then ughhhh!

Adam said LPUX will have launched by the time the LPU summit. November 10th/11th. Looks like youre gonna have to hold off from between now and the 11th ;)

Well te same setlist, but did not play "The Radiance" or you forgot to write it? :D and with respect to tomorrow, I think tomorrow will be a day like any other day without nothing special I have that feeling and would be great that the recording of the week is a special live of Hybrid Theory with the best performances of each song ^^

Edited by Andros

With regards to the whole rotating setlist thing. Anyone ever think that maybe LP are just trying to comfortable with playing the new stuff live, both lyrically and muscially.

Everyone is dying to hear Blackout live (including me), but Blackout is going to be complicated as hell to perform live. My guess is, it will be the last song from the new stuff that we will hear live.

Robot Boy has the whole band singing on it for just about the whole song. It could be that Brad, Joe and Phoenix aren't quite up to performing that one live just yet. Those guys have only started singing live for the first time ever on this tour (bar Phoenix who's done TLTGYA). Remember how Mike was when he first started singing more stuff live. He seemed quite nervous and shy about singing when compared to rapping but obviously he's way more comfortable now. Could be the same for Brad, Joe and Phoenix so they may need a bit of time.

BITS has a fair bit of Mike singing on it too. Mike's always said that the reason he doesn't perform NRL is because it takes a lot out of him. Maybe its the same with BITS.

Give it time and we'll see some rotating setlists. Maybe LP are just trying to nail down the new songs lyrically, musically, the new interludes and transitions between one song to the next before they start mixing it up.

Just my thoughts on the matter, thats all.

i agree with you about blackout and robot boy, but not about Burning in the Skies. If Mike can do Iridescent he can do BITS

I just don't get it... linkin park anounced that they'll release all shows for 2010 & 2011, this is a big reason to rotate the setlist.. for all the people who usually purchase all of them im pretty sure that they wont purchase DSP's with the same setlist, at least one of them would be great but it doesnt make sense if we purchase all of them....pay for the same songs, i dont think so :P

Adam said LPUX will have launched by the time the LPU summit. November 10th/11th. Looks like youre gonna have to hold off from between now and the 11th ;)

this is not fair --___-- im going too die! we need the leaked CD...ADAM!!! give us the damm LPUX CD but shhhhh lmfao

Jeez what a great argument.

I'm not one to argue on peoples opinions but the fact that they have set the bar for tons of bands and have had a huge influence on many bands throughout the years. Have managed to stay relevant for 30 Years... im just gonna stop.

Trust me, if i wanted to argue, i would. That was just an opinion in case it flew over your head.

As for Metallica, i don't like their music. It means absolutely nothing to me if they have influenced a group of people or whatnot. As for relevance, that all depends on where you go and who you ask. Maybe in the corner you pay attention to, but they are not relevant to me. I' sure they are talented if they have lasted this long. I like Linkin Park's style of doing things. I like the fact that i get different experiences from artist to artist.

As for the setlist thing, i call it the wanting-what-we-don't-have syndrome. The moment LP starts playing all the songs people want and take out all the singles, the cry will start for all the singles to return and round and round we go.

I just don't get it... linkin park anounced that they'll release all shows for 2010 & 2011, this is a big reason to rotate the setlist.. for all the people who usually purchase all of them im pretty sure that they wont purchase DSP's with the same setlist, at least one of them would be great but it doesnt make sense if we purchase all of them....pay for the same songs, i dont think so :P

I know it's really pointless, Disturbed does the same thing with their DSP's and they don't even have any minor changes in their sets for that tour they sold, it's exactly the same show pretty much.

Trust me, if i wanted to argue, i would. That was just an opinion in case it flew over your head.

As for Metallica, i don't like their music. It means absolutely nothing to me if they have influenced a group of people or whatnot. As for relevance, that all depends on where you go and who you ask. Maybe in the corner you pay attention to, but they are not relevant to me. I' sure they are talented if they have lasted this long. I like Linkin Park's style of doing things. I like the fact that i get different experiences from artist to artist.

As for the setlist thing, i call it the wanting-what-we-don't-have syndrome. The moment LP starts playing all the songs people want and take out all the singles, the cry will start for all the singles to return and round and round we go.

Oh i saw it as a opinion dont worry its just the fact there was hardly anything backing up your opinion lol. Dont worry i like LP for LP too ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/10/arts/roc...80-s-angst.html

Linkin Park's lead singer, Chester Bennington, called Metallica the greatest band on earth

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1470009/2...metallica.jhtml

"I was listening to Metallica when I was in junior high school and they were a huge influence on me to play music, so I'm psyched to be playing with them," Linkin Park drummer Rob Bourdon said of the trek.

I vaguely remember an interview where Brad said he always had Master Of Puppets on cassette in his car.

just saying

and i completely agree on the last part. I bet even if they did switch up the setlists, theyd still complain. If they added APFMH they would say WHY NOT WITH YOU OR FORGOTTENN LOLOLOL

Oh i saw it as a opinion dont worry its just the fact there was hardly anything backing up your opinion lol. Dont worry i like LP for LP too ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/10/arts/roc...80-s-angst.html

Linkin Park's lead singer, Chester Bennington, called Metallica the greatest band on earth

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1470009/2...metallica.jhtml

"I was listening to Metallica when I was in junior high school and they were a huge influence on me to play music, so I'm psyched to be playing with them," Linkin Park drummer Rob Bourdon said of the trek.

I vaguely remember an interview where Brad said he always had Master Of Puppets on cassette in his car.

just saying

and i completely agree on the last part. I bet even if they did switch up the setlists, theyd still complain. If they added APFMH they would say WHY NOT WITH YOU OR FORGOTTENN LOLOLOL

so true. +1

Let's discuss this again, to those of you complaining about the setlists. You have a choice to be surprised by their live experience, or analyze everything about it and hope you are the one lucky fan who gets to hear the ONE song they switch up.

You chose to know the setlists that Linkin Park is playing on their tour.

You chose to join this website that was designed to document their live atmosphere.

You chose to see them multiple times in one year.

(They don't design their tours to please the fans who would rather spend money to see them 50 times within a year instead of paying the monthly rent.)

Now you are blaming the band for not suiting your needs?

What happened to, I don't know, ENJOYING THE CONCERT?

That's like choosing to eat a banana every day for the rest of your life and claiming "THIS TASTES THE SAME EVERY FUCKING DAY".

ORLY?

Edited by rav0k

It's completely understandable they didn't start rotating until 2007 as up until then they didn't really have enough songs to make it much of a different show unless they'd have played half of reanimation as well... However, I do think now they have 4 albums and they're doing a european tour that hits one country 6 times and another country 5 times really the setlist should be rotating even if it was only 2/3 songs a night that's cool it adds something to the show I'd love them to do something unpredictable like Green Day - most of their set is the same but there are a couple of songs (and rare songs as well) that get switched in and out every night. If not this year which looks massively unlikely then next year they seriously need to up it and the stage design :/ Don't get me wrong I know I'll love the show in manchester but I'm sceptical about birmingham as it sounds like I'm gonna see exactly the same thing :|

Wow, I think it was the right decision to sell my Hamburg ticket. The show is good but I don't wanna see exactly the same thing twice, especially for 67 (!!) bucks.

It's really sad they don't switch it up... :(

And the ones that will go to hamburg and have their first show on that tour? Maybe they'll say: wow I loved that set but now for hamburg they changed the set.... Maybe they want crawling and LP would drop it.. They would be sad

You can't make a set list that everyone love

Edited by FS84

We all know there is no such thing as a perfect setlist. But they played 3 shows EXACTLY the same. Even 2009 had more small changes (without DBS) like the PoA intros/outros and HHH/Crawling.

I don't expect them to be like Green Day either because they are LP and not Green Day, but they started with the rotating sets in 07 which was kinda late but why stop now when they are playing even more shows in one country and even more people go so see several shows. This just makes no sense.

We all know there is no such thing as a perfect setlist. But they played 3 shows EXACTLY the same. Even 2009 had more small changes (without DBS) like the PoA intros/outros and HHH/Crawling.

I don't expect them to be like Green Day either because they are LP and not Green Day, but they started with the rotating sets in 07 which was kinda late but why stop now when they are playing even more shows in one country and even more people go so see several shows. This just makes no sense.

This. I completely agree :)

You guys talk like it's the exact same group of fans attending all five shows in the same country which is not even close to the case so the same list would only bother those small percentage that decided to attend more than one show in a row. Not to say a rotating set list wouldn't be a good idea, but it is not that dramatic if they don't in terms of the bigger picture.