"A Thousand Suns" Debuts At #1!

hahninator

Thank the lord! I can barely tolerate the music world as is, and if LP came behind Trey Songz I would have flipped shit. Music has become nothing but poppy hits and it's destroying the world of creative music. Hip hop's dead? Rock's dead! It gets shit respect and appreciation compared to 10+ years ago. Its sad cause I'm sick of seeing bands kick so much ass on their albums and live and get shit from the music world.

Hmm... I've figured it out!

If they release an album once every 3 years, the build up and excitement gets the fans pumped, we rush out to buy the new music, request multiple radio and Music TV shows to play it and LP get a number 1 debut.

THAT'S WHY THEY TAKE SO LONG! THEY DO IT ON PURPOSE!

But seriously, congrats LP. Well deserved.

It's so that we can shove it up the haters :P

But what if Trey Songz debuted at number one and one of his fans decided to bash you for liking Linkiin Park? Would you be unable to defend yourself because LP took the number 2 spot? And at the same time: would you feel like Trey Songz is better if one of his fans pulled out the fact that his album went #1?

It seems like a pretty weak stance to say that an album is better based on sales.

Edited by leftshoe18

But what if Trey Songz debuted at number one and one of his fans decided to bash you for liking Linkiin Park? Would you be unable to defend yourself because LP took the number 2 spot? And at the same time: would you feel like Trey Songz is better if one of his fans pulled out the fact that his album went #1?

It seems like a pretty weak stance to say that an album is better based on sales.

Popularity is a bitch :P

Certainly not all albums can be deemed good based on sales. But a band that can make an album that sells millions of copies must be doing something right.

Thank God all is right in the world. Trey Songz makes the most cliche r and b shit for women. LP put so much effort into making meaningful music, glad they got rewarded with the #1 spot on the billboards. Although 250,000 k first week sales is a bummer for LP standards, it's good to see they still got the #1 spot. Congrats LP!