Do you think there will ever be another DBS album?

Bliss

Its funny to see the majority on here were dissopointed with OOA.

While quite a few listeners out there preffer DBS over LP's new sound.

I don't see what was majorly wrong with DBS, It was pretty much exactly what i expected from him. But anyway, yeah, I'm all for a sequel. Hopefully chaz will be able to win you guys back next time. :D

Unfortunately I don't see it happening. Maybe a couple shows here and there but that's it. DBS could have been a moderate success had they been given more exposure. But with very little album promotion, single push, and a proper U.S. tour, the project was bound to tank. It's obvious WB thought that since the lead singer of LP was fronting the group, the album would sell itself. That almost never happens. Any new band, whither they feature one or more musicians from legendary bands, still needs as much promotion as any other new band on the scene.

Its funny to see the majority on here were dissopointed with OOA.

While quite a few listeners out there preffer DBS over LP's new sound.

I don't see what was majorly wrong with DBS, It was pretty much exactly what i expected from him. But anyway, yeah, I'm all for a sequel. Hopefully chaz will be able to win you guys back next time. :D

I wasn't dissapointed IMO it was good but honestly a lot of the lyrics didnt leave me in awe such as LP's lyrics have. I think the high points in the album for me were WIC, ITD, GMY, EOTW. Thats it. I much prefer ATS over OoA. I wonder how much input Ryan or Amir had on the lyrics. Ryan had written pretty decent lyrics for DTA. Idk. All i will say is that they should attempt to do another album (IF) during LP downtime. I think it was pretty fucked up (FM anyone?) that Julien-K had JUST dropped DTA and did only one tour in support of it then dropped the project a week after going off tour for literally a year to do OoA.

The things that I saw wrong with it were:

- poor lyrics

- pretty generic-sounding songs throughout

- weak lead single

- it aboslutely ruined Let Down

- way too overproduced

Chester definitely needs to work on his song-writing.

I hope not, because I want more Linkin Park albums.

Plus, it's the same as the Fort Minor situation. The only reason Chester did DBS in the first place was because he had songs that he felt wouldn't fit with LP.

Now that LP has said fuck everyone else let's just do whatever we like, he shouldn't have to make a solo album. Kinda like how Mike shouldn't have to make a FM album.

The things that I saw wrong with it were:

- poor lyrics

- pretty generic-sounding songs throughout

- weak lead single

- it aboslutely ruined Let Down

- way too overproduced

Chester definitely needs to work on his song-writing.

I totally agree with you about it being too overproduced (the main reason let down was ruined in some ways-the live/acoustic versions are way better) I was hopeing for a 'rawer', 'grittier' sounding album similar to Grey Daze, But i kinda blame that on the Julien-K influence really.

While some of the lyrics where a bit 'bleh' I think WIC contains some of his best work. & CBI is a good song, but certainly one of the weakest on the album.

My 2 cents :)

guys come on! really every1 is saying no? well they did say there going to make music about 24-7 touring or not....

so chester can make a few songs along the way for DBS just make a 10song album & maybe add "20 eyes" studio cover & "Wish" studio cover & a DBS version of "Pretend To Be" and "Across The Line"...then make 6 more songs.

hear lets start it off.

Dead By Sunrise 2nd album::

1. Wish (NIN cover)

2. 20 Eyes (Misfits cover)

3. new song 1

4. new song 2

5. new song 3

6. new song 4

7. new song 5

8. new song 6

9. Pretend To be (DBS Version)

10. Across The Line (DBS Version)

NOW SOMEONE TELL ME THIS WONT BE KINDA AWESOME OR W/E !?!?!?!?!?

I hope so.

Even though Out Of Ashes suffered from it's mixing quality and the amount of filler material it was definitely a very solid and promising debut album.

It must be noted, that even the most lyrically generic song on the record is still full of focused thoughts. Too bad those thoughts are not that easily accessible for the listener who is totally unaware of Chester's own explanation about the song meaning. You can't even call it generic anymore when you found out what's this song about and you are like "Whoa! That's surprisingly makes a lot of sense"

The last tracks on the record are probably the best songs Chester ever wrote.

The worst songs on the record are the ones that were written during the very last stages of the recording process, when Chester was obviously rushed to release the album as soon as possible.

All in all, I prefer OOA over any of the even more generic first two Linkin Park albums.

I just hope that the next time Chester will be much more focused and will have much more spare time without any LP-related deadline distractions.

Edited by LESTAT