Waiting For The End *SNIPPET*

jonas27

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many fans of this band that make no room for criticism and it really begins to feel like a preschool playground.

Yeah, this. Every time I think of making a criticism of something LP's done on here it's a bit like I hold back because of the anger it'll inevitably provoke.

mike's voice was autotuned O.o

wut? :blink:

Yeah, this. Every time I think of making a criticism of something LP's done on here it's a bit like I hold back because of the anger it'll inevitably provoke.

Maybe Saw 3D will help people relieve their frustration. Then again, it may make it worse for people seeing Chester get mutilated.

Then again, it may make it worse for people seeing Chester get mutilated.

It will, because people around here don't seem to realize it's just a movie.

Personally, it won't bother me one bit.

Doesn't make me a bad person or anything. v.v

Edited by ShinigamiPWN

It will, because people around here don't seem to realize it's just a movie.

Personally, it won't bother me one bit.

Doesn't make me a bad person or anything. v.v

there are people feeling offended by Chester getting tortured in a MOVIE? seriously?

Yes.

And if I remember correctly, some even said they wouldn't go see it because of that.

That -really- does not surprise me. I was saying it for giggles but I guess my point was proven. :rolleyes:

Edited by rav0k

I have to forget my outside problems when reporting to work every day.

I have to satisfy my customers regardless of who I was 10 years ago compared to now.

Oh, I forgot. Linkin Park is not human. They are expected to do what they want without getting criticism from their paying fans.

All of that is completely besides the point.

Art is an expression of emotions. You seem to have LP branded as a product or commodity where emotion isn't necessary in order to provide customer satisfaction. And as it's an expression of emotions, you try telling me you are exactly the same person now as you were 10 years ago. In that kind of time span, no person can NOT change.

Criticism is one thing. I personally don't care for this Waiting For The End clip. But to actually ask them to ignore 10 years of personal growth just because I like what they did 10 years ago better, is insulting to them as artists, as people who are constantly trying to express themselves now.

All of that is completely besides the point.

That should be "beside the point", not "besides the point". By saying "beside the point", one means that something is literally on the side of the point; in other words it is not related. However, "besides" means "moreover", "furthermore", or "also". Rather than an expression of physical direction, as in "beside", it is a transitional preposition used in speech to introduce a new topic.

Look guys, I know how to bitch too!

Edited by Ash

You seem to have LP branded as a product or commodity where emotion isn't necessary in order to provide customer satisfaction.

I have branded Linkin Park as a band that became famous via their fanbase, therefore they should be able to take some criticism from that said fanbase. I never claimed emotion was not necessary. Though, on that note, I would say "emotion" was kicked out of the window when they put finesse into their music to sell records 10 years ago. All of that gets eradicated with pitch correction, tempo alignment and all the other mastering that they accomplished.

And as it's an expression of emotions, you try telling me you are exactly the same person now as you were 10 years ago. In that kind of time span, no person can NOT change.

I'm not the same person I was, at all. However, if I was in a band with as much success as Linkin Park, I would at least consider what my fans would want out of love and respect for them. I don't recall anyone (on these forums) claiming that it was mandatory that the band should go back to their original sound or they should quit. All I have seen is "I wish they would go back to the Hybrid Theory sound", which is a suggestion that the band may take into consideration.

You are acting as if they evolved into this Super-Band that fends for themselves. I'm pretty sure you can guarantee that they take all forms of criticism to help define what they want to do as artists.

Like you said, art is an expression but there comes a point where you are making it for the sake of loving what you do...or you are making it to share with others and get feedback in the process.

When they decided to sign to a record label, it's pretty obvious which choice was taken.

Edited by rav0k

"This isn't LP i want HT back" is getting really annoying after hearing it for several years. LP has already said that they won't make that music again so please stop :D

Source on that?

I think it's fair to say those who want more of the HT/M sound back can express their opinion as such. Personally, I'm anxious about this album; from what I've heard so far, it's going to either be a hit or a miss for me. I'm starting to worry it's going to be the latter. What got me into LP was the Meteora sound. As for MTM, I liked it because I listened to that kind of music too already, I didn't just like it because I'm a mindless drone that likes whatever LP does.

I may still enjoy ATS, but there's always going to be a part of me that wishes they would make more music in the style of Meteora. That's what got me into them. I think they're taking a huge gamble with this record - as can already be seen by comments on their Facebook updates which seem to be interspersed with opinions from disappointed fans.

with new/different music. brings in new/different fans. thats just the reality of the situation. And LP knows this. And i don't think they mind it. Its not like they are alienating their fans... because simply put.. they aren't alienating themselves by creating music that they frankly don't give a sh!t about. Go listen to Puddle of Mud or Korn and tell me how much they have evolved and how different their fan base has become over the years.

Edited by FaiNt

Source on that?

I think it's fair to say those who want more of the HT/M sound back can express their opinion as such. Personally, I'm anxious about this album; from what I've heard so far, it's going to either be a hit or a miss for me. I'm starting to worry it's going to be the latter. What got me into LP was the Meteora sound. As for MTM, I liked it because I listened to that kind of music too already, I didn't just like it because I'm a mindless drone that likes whatever LP does.

I may still enjoy ATS, but there's always going to be a part of me that wishes they would make more music in the style of Meteora. That's what got me into them. I think they're taking a huge gamble with this record - as can already be seen by comments on their Facebook updates which seem to be interspersed with opinions from disappointed fans.

Ofcourse people can express their opinion that's not what i said. I meant the constant bitching is getting annoying for those who understand why they're not doing the same type of music for the rest of their career. I'm not claiming absolute certainty that they will NEVER make HT sound again but i think it's very unlikely because they got pissed off when people told them that they're a Nu-Metal band and Chester said at the Catalyst premiere interview that usually bands think that "wow this is working let's stick to this" but LP are more like "okay this is working, let's do something else..".

Sorry if my english isn't perfect but i think you can understand :D