Review of A Thousand Suns

ana

I think it's quite funny that everyone was saying "Oh no, I wanna hear Mike more often. Why doesn't he sing No Roads Left live? No Roads Left would have made the album so much better." and now we HAVE Mike's vocals on ATS and everyone's bitching around....

haha IKR?

but there is always something to complain about lol atleast people always find a way to complain

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone answer the question i asked about the song "across the line" ?

since there is no song called Across The Line on the ATS' tracklist you might guess that the song is not going to be on the album.. ..was finished only for the LPU9 CD.

..Danke schön Ana for the review! ;))

Edited by linkingabo

A hardcore Linkin Park fan isn't one that has liked Lp since HT, A hardcore fan is someone who appreciates HT, Meteora, MTM, and ATS and what the band are trying to achieve and the effort that has been put into to that piece of work.

It's entirely possible that a hardcore fan will hate ATS because what made them the "hardcore' fan originally is likely just not present in the new album.

You can appreciate what the band are doing and the ethics behind it, but you can't put ethics onto your ipod and rock out to it.

The band are purposely trying not to sound like Linkin Park, hardcore fans are hardcore fans because they like Linkin Park over other bands. Now LP has become an other band, your going have to decide all over again. Almost like listening to a new band for the first time.

I don't get how people say this album is for hardcore fans, i think it's the hardcore fan base that might be a little bit more split, the casual listener is either going to listen to it or not, either way they won't care too much.

Me personal dont like mike singing, cause he just cant sing! He should better rap and let chester do the sing parts!!

How the hell do all you guys know that Mike can't sing? Ever heard of vocal training? You would all be amazed if you knew how much you can develop a voice over a short period of time. Mike is not stupid, he would not be singing a lot if he knew he would not be able to pull it of live.

Plus, Chester said not long ago that Mike has "developed" a strong vocal.

Now I'm excited :lol:

Love that band so much

wow nice band, just checked them out :)

EDIT: The thing with the speeches is not actually new to LP music. They did it in Step Up,in Reanimation, in the 2004 Don't Stay Intro..

Edited by VavourasLP

It's like the most of you don't even know what they're talking/writing...

First of all, maybe they use auto-tune. But auto-tune doesn't mean that they are going to sound like t-pain. t-pain used the programm in another way it was intended so he was getting that king of effect out of it.

And now you're complaining about "only 2 screams".... WTF? First you cry for mor raps, and now that ana posted that there is some heavy raps you just care about "ONLY 2 SCREAMS". It seems like you're always looking for a spot, so you can cry for something.

And the last point is the thing with the electronic drums. They used electronic drums in what I've done, papercut and even faint... that are all somehow electronic drums.

( sry for the real fucked up english :> )

This seems like it could be right:

#1 is probably "The Requiem" and "The Radiance" confused for one track. That would make:

#2=Burning in the Skies

#3 is also probably two tracks. The crickets and bombs is probably "Empty Spaces", while the rest is probably "When They Come For Me".

#4=Robot Boy

#5=Jornada del Meurto

#6=Waiting for the End

#7=Blackout

#8 could be the end of "Blackout" or the start of "Wretches and Kings"

and of course, the last five are

#10=Wretches and Kings

#11=Wisdom, Justice, and Love

#12=Iridescent

#13=Fallout

#14=The Catalyst

#15=The Messenger

ME. TOO.

that band is the perfect example of how electronica can mix with rock to create masterpieces.

and their live show? pft. FAHGETTABOUTIT. it's incredible.

Nice to see some Innerpartysystem love :D

They need far more attention then they get.

I've grown to like them more than LP.

Anyway, I didn't dig the political side of MTM in the slightest, to the extent that No More Sorrow, made itself the worst LP track in my mind - flat, boring, amazingly repetitive drum beat and generally empty. So seeing as this album is set to be pretty much 100% political, I'm hoping it doesn't reflect the way MTM deals with politics.

I'm pretty sure that this IS a concept album, even if LP say that's not all they want it to be. Let's hope it doesn't get labelled as "war chants".

Even though I really can't see LP looking into the likes of Pendulum and dubstep (which would be epic), it's nice to hear there might be some similarities.

I'm also getting the vide that the album could reach to the epicness that is 65daysofstatic, this song comes into mind.

I don't know if anyone already said it (because I don't want to read all 8 pages), but I think, the beginning of the remix of My December from Reanimation sounds a lot like the new album. maybe its just me, just something i noticed.

Nice to see some Innerpartysystem love :D

They need far more attention then they get.

I've grown to like them more than LP.

Even though I really can't see LP looking into the likes of Pendulum and dubstep (which would be epic), it's nice to hear there might be some similarities.

oh, they totally deserve more attention, they are honestly musical geniuses in my mind.

i saw them live a year ago and they were phenomenal.

though, i kind of like how they're fan base is so small because it makes for an intimate kind of relationship.

and i totally agree - this whole dubstep reference ana said made me really excited. i love dubstep.

Guys just remmber RESEVE YOUR OPINIONS UNTIL YOU HEAR THE ALBUM IN FULL

No offense to ana (great review imo :) ) but her opinion could easily be different some other people.

I'm so stoked for this album now, its beyond belief. its great to know there are heavy songs, screaming, More mike etc

I really sounds like this album with blow our minds. I'm sure I'll love it :D