ana

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay

I've got 2 cents

Im a little bit worried about this album, seems like a... Love/hate thing

Mike doing more vocals than Chaz? im not really happy about that, if most of them were rap vocals here and there and some singing spots i'ts cool

but he's doing LEAD SINGING VOCALS???

c'mon, you can't fool with us Mike, we all know that when the time comes to sing those songs live he will have some big troubles..

he didnt had the balls to sing NRL, and now he has a lot of lead singing vocals, he must be afraid, plus judging from live singing performances that he has ever done, he doesnt sound that good, at some times he doesnt sound like a professional singer

he's terrible at HHH he really needs Chester help there, at Little Things he's just ok..

go listen to Toronto 2004 earpiece, and oh god you dont know if you will enjoy it, or you will laugh or cry with his voice

on the other hand you have in your band CHESTER CHARLES BENNIGTON

the BEST vocalist of this generation, you just can't leave him as a secondary weapon of LP's music..

im just a little worried but, I want to believe that this will be their best album...

Jesus Christ Sprainpaint, do you ever say anything fucking positive? I know people are entitled to their own opinions, but you only spew critical judgement on an album you haven't even fucking listened to. Hell, Ana said in the LPA chat that the effects on the vocals are even less than it was on The Catalyst, so calm the fuck down.

Back on the topic, I've just gotten really excited about the album. Really interested to hear the Messenger and what I presume is Burning in the skies (Mike saying motherfucker) and Robotboy ("You say you're not gonna fight because no one's gonna fight for you")

Jesus Christ Sprainpaint, do you ever say anything fucking positive? I know people are entitled to their own opinions, but you only spew critical judgement on an album you haven't even fucking listened to. Hell, Ana said in the LPA chat that the effects on the vocals are even less than it was on The Catalyst, so calm the fuck down.

Back on the topic, I've just gotten really excited about the album. Really interested to hear the Messenger and what I presume is Burning in the skies (Mike saying motherfucker) and Robotboy ("You say you're not gonna fight because no one's gonna fight for you")

I'm pretty sure "When They Come For Me" is the "motherfucker" song. There's only cursing in that one and "Blackout"

im not worried about the new album sounding different. thats what i want from them. everything LINKIN PARK has ever done has been f***ing AWESOME. dont matter if its from HT, METEORA, or MTM, they're all great albums, and for the record MTM is my favorite album. ive never been worried about anything linkin park has done other than one thing, LP calling it quits. the day linkin park retires will be the saddest day of my life :( ..... but their music lives on for as long as theres people, unless we blow ourselves up inside the fires of a thousand suns

Edited by Thor

after reading the review again, I can't wait for this album either. It's gonna be so different I think that there will be no pure genre, no "radio singles". It will be one big artistic story. I was kinda hoping they'd turn it into like a "music movie" or something lol but man some of these things so almost like milestone calibur material

I can't say i'm crazy about the autotune part of the album as i've never been a fan of that creation, especially in relation to Linkin Park as one of my favourite parts of the band's music is the raw vocals for my hearing pleasure as Mike & Chester's voice are a match made in heaven for me.

But i can understand that it goes along with the effects they chose to incorporate for this album. I don't know where i stand currently on the whole Mike on lead vocals as Mike is very new to singing lead especially when he refused to perform the (for him) challenging No Roads left due to fear of not doing it justice. Chester has the higher range and versatility. I just hope Mike can carry the weight. The songs themselves besides the autotune sound fantastic. I am excited because i've been ready to move on with Linkin Park in this new direction since i first heard their songs. I love all the different sounds and ideas they've decided to take for this album. Its like they peaked into my pleasure jar and picked a bunch of stuff and mixed them together.

I am more excited than dreading this album that's for sure. I don't put much stock in reviews like this because it is very impossible to truly capture everything on a first listen to give a detailed and accurate review for anyone to go on. So i'm just going to wait for the album to drop so that i can make up my own mind. After all, one man's meat is another man's poison.

I seem to remember seeing a thread a few days ago about people complaining about chesters voice not being up to scratch? maybe the autotune is just being used to correct his pitch a tad. DONT READ TO MUCH INTO THIS. its a simple review. autotune dosnt have to make you sound like T-pain, thats not why it was invented and thats not its sole purpose. BUT ofcourse If you dramtically edit the pitch then it distorts the voice.

I'm sorry, but if they were just using the effect for pitch correction, you wouldn't be able to hear it at all.

One of my local bands for instance, used a lot of auto-tune in their songs, recorded in a little non-proffesionel studio, and it's impossible to hear.

So once and for all people:

IF LP JUST WANTED TO CORRECT THE PITCH, YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HEAR IT! --> WHAT YOU HEAR ON ATS IS AN EFFECT.

If you want a link to the local band I'm talking about, I'll post it. Non of you will be able to hear the autotune, and it's even just in some half-assed, non-proffesionel studio.

Well, after The Catalyst I was pretty much ready for anything with this record. Sidelining Chester is the one thing I'm a bit worried about, as he's such a &%*3!%" good singer. Not too bothered about him not screaming as much- if I want screaming I'll listen to Bring Me the Horizon.

And I also doubt that they've used Auto-Tune, it's easy to confuse that with other vocal effects.

I'm very happy that they've made the album one flowing whole, I love albums that do that.

It sounds similar to the beginnings of almost every song by Innerparty System and has a HALO flair.

This album fits perfectly on games like Halo, Lostplanet and all these modern combat/ space ego-shooter

For me the album is gonna be very fckng good, I like the review, I don't understand that many people don't like the idea that Mike singing, Mike is a genius in every sense of the word, I like the way he sing, he show us is that not only can be a good MC, can also be a great singer. So I hope to hear Mike sing :D definitely this will be a new LP that's going to be like =)

Edited by Andros

thank you Ana for that!

sorry for my english,

I'm tryin to understand why some people are still scared for those changes... I think LP is in continue change since 2000... for me HT is different to Meteora, very different... and MTM was different from the previous two...and ATS will sound like.. different...thanks God for that! this is LP, I don't think there's a song who describe their sound, the whole work of ten years make that!

NOT THE AUTOTUNING IN THE T-PAIN ETC. STYLE:

They put a lot of layers and effects over the voices

maybe autotune is the wrong term...yes it is sorry.

It might not even be the wrong term. They might have used auto-tune, but then it's for the effect and not pitch-correction.

I don't like the sound of voice-effects either, only a little plate, reverb, delay, and such.

I dont know what to think...

Mike singing most of the time? wtf?

Chester just scream on 2 songs? wtf?

Electric drums? Wtf?

Changes are good, thats sure, but they shouldnt forget their roots and the style they start with!

I mean, we ALL? felt in love with Chesters Screamin on Crawling for example, we all felt in love with Mikes amazing Rap skills on HT! I Missed that...

I dont know guys, im 25 now, i start with LP 2001, i saw them live so many times since 2001 and also will see them this year in Dortmund!

I realy hope they wont disapoint their old fans with that CD...

btw

This song, is it on the new album too??

Edited by franticfreak

What I really want to know is how similar to the catalyst is this album? is it more of the same kinda thing?

Does it have a lot of that really cheap amateur synth line like in the middle of the song (yea the one that ruins the song)!?

I think it's quite funny that everyone was saying "Oh no, I wanna hear Mike more often. Why doesn't he sing No Roads Left live? No Roads Left would have made the album so much better." and now we HAVE Mike's vocals on ATS and everyone's bitching around....

Edited by DecanoLP