Mike gives us a hint about the "message"

Dark_Adolescent

http://mikeshinoda.com/2010/06/24/not-yet/

June 24, 2010

Our puzzle hasn’t been solved yet. I expected that would be the case. It’s not an easy one, but it is rewarding.

Maybe you just need to search harder.

Mike implies that we need to use Google or another search engine in order to solve the puzzle, and that it actually produces an end result.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAMN IT!

I still think we need to screw around with the first gif more. If you zoom in on each individual layer, there's fucking gotta be something. And whatever it is, it's written in mikeshinoda.com font.

DAMN IT!

I still think we need to screw around with the first gif more. If you zoom in on each individual layer, there's fucking gotta be something. And whatever it is, it's written in mikeshinoda.com font.

You're right, I think there's more to these puzzles than just the obvious "MORE MESSAGES COMING SOON" or binary code. Just can't figure it out yet.

Okay guys, I just found something interesting. It's a question about how to convert binary into sound.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-...sound-file.html

Read the second comment down.

"If you created a bit map where you converted your ones and zeroes into black and white pixels, you would be essentially achieving a similar outcome."

black and white pixels. ones and zeroes. converting it into sound.

I know that's a long shot but it all seems related and we don't really have much to work with right now, do we?

Edited by Xero21

Okay guys, I just found something interesting. It's a question about how to convert binary into sound.

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-...sound-file.html

Read the second comment down.

"If you created a bit map where you converted your ones and zeroes into black and white pixels, you would be essentially achieving a similar outcome."

black and white pixels. ones and zeroes. converting it into sound.

I know that's a long shot but it all seems related and we don't really have much to work with right now, do we?

I like the idea of that. Possible a snippet of the single.

However, could they make the sound into binary code but ALSO make it mean something in ASCII? It seems very complicated to me.

What I mean is, the binary already makes a perfect sentence in ASCII. If it wasn't meant to be text, then it would just be random characters rather than "Falls la luminosité de var to ontplof edastada sekaligus airean, that sería kuin de pracht come yang kuat. Lo sono mäktig, terra-zerstören tyd."

I like the idea of that. Possible a snippet of the single.

However, could they make the sound into binary code but ALSO make it mean something in ASCII? It seems very complicated to me.

What I mean is, the binary already makes a perfect sentence in ASCII. If it wasn't meant to be text, then it would just be random characters rather than "Falls la luminosité de var to ontplof edastada sekaligus airean, that sería kuin de pracht come yang kuat. Lo sono mäktig, terra-zerstören tyd."

Maybe the reason it's translating as a bunch of different languages is because it isn't really mean't to be translated to text?

I don't know, but the similarities between that person's answer and the "messages" Mike has been giving us struck me right away. I think I'm going to try what that person said. I just need to convert the gif layers into bit maps I guess.

Maybe the reason it's translating as a bunch of different languages is because it isn't really mean't to be translated to text?

I don't know, but the similarities between that person's answer and the "messages" Mike has been giving us struck me right away. I think I'm going to try what that person said. I just need to convert the gif layers into bit maps I guess.

Go for it!

Hmm...I'm grasping at straws here, but what if the translation of the binary code is (mostly) irrelevant to the puzzle itself?

Look at the image again: http://static.ning.com/linkinparknetwork/img/image001.jpg

Why is the image skewed to one side like that?

Why does the background of the image have "static" in it?

Why is the last string of characters so short? With all the different options in fonts/spacing/text size out there, it's not like it would have been hard to get the string of 1s and 0s to form a perfect block of text.

Why are there so many visual patterns in the text itself? In particular, the 1s form several obvious diagonal lines in the image, I've crudely drawn a few of them in Paint to better show what I mean:

post-641-1277447752.jpg

Is there more significance to this image than the binary code alone?

And I'm still trying to figure out what we're supposed to Google, Mike obviously linked us to Google for a reason. I tried searching for the first few characters of the code, but nothing turns up once you get past about 8 digits. I also searched for various portions of the translated text, and didn't spot anything out of the ordinary.

Hmm...I'm grasping at straws here, but what if the translation of the binary code is (mostly) irrelevant to the puzzle itself?

Look at the image again: http://static.ning.com/linkinparknetwork/img/image001.jpg

Why is the image skewed to one side like that?

Why does the background of the image have "static" in it?

Why is the last string of characters so short? With all the different options in fonts/spacing/text size out there, it's not like it would have been hard to get the string of 1s and 0s to form a perfect block of text.

Why are there so many visual patterns in the text itself? In particular, the 1s form several obvious diagonal lines in the image, I've crudely drawn a few of them in Paint to better show what I mean:

post-641-1277447752.jpg

Is there more significance to this image than the binary code alone?

And I'm still trying to figure out what we're supposed to Google, Mike obviously linked us to Google for a reason. I tried searching for the first few characters of the code, but nothing turns up once you get past about 8 digits. I also searched for various portions of the translated text, and didn't spot anything out of the ordinary.

That's what I was thinking. Why couldn't they just put the binary as text in the web page? No, they made it an image file, then they skewed it to an angle and put some kind of background to it. I never thought of the placement of the last line of digits or the patterns, though. That's very interesting.

I don't think you're grasping at mere straws, there's definitely something to this, if I'm not mistaken.