New Album in 2009?

hahninator

Those are only side projects so I'm sure WB forced them out in November for Christmas sales. I don't think they put that kind of pressure on LP with new albums.

November is possible but that has nothing to do with their side projects that were released that month, this is a full length ablum, takes the time it takes.

Edited by Fleur de Lys

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they'll spend the remainder of this year writing, while Chester simultaneously finishes the DBS album. It shouldn't be too big of a distraction from LP for him since DBS is more or less finished already anyway. I can see DBS coming out in March followed by a short U.S. tour to support it. The rest of the guys can continue working on the LP album during this time, and by May/June I'd anticipate them being in full-blown recording mode. There's been a lot of talk about there being a Projekt Revolution next year (it's even advertised by KROQ and a contest on Ticketmaster), but it's way too far in advance to plan a whole tour, so I'd anticipate them doing a Projekt Revolution festival thing like they've talked about in the past, maybe one on each coast (New York and L.A.), plus maybe making a quick trip to Asia to make up the cancelled MFR dates. That could be their little escape from the studio during the summer, then they'd come back, finish the album, and have it out in the winter, either the very end of '09 or early '10.

It's possible, Chester said that he wanna try to do PR festival. Next year is good time to do PR Fest (not tour), because it could be short break from studio. Just like 2006 Summer Sonic shows.

You got a point there. Although I also doubt that they would start such new "project" without a new album in their back. Or maybe they would, thinking about it ...

I definitely don't think this album would have taken very long at all, but Chester's album gets in the way. I think Chester has waited long enough and should finish the album if he wants.

It all depends on what Chester will do. Either way I think this album will be made relatively quickly compared to past albums. I've also thought Mike would be the producer, Linkin Park is at a point in their career where they know what they want to do and will do it.

It still wouldn't be a bad idea to get a co-producer in the studio as a second opinion though.

And for the record I don't think there will be a PR09, but rather another Winter Arena Tour (if anything)

Linkin Park doesn't win any awards @ the EMA's :(:(:( That sucks

P.S. This was just on the LPTimes site yesterday

Milton Keynes live concert on MTV Germany

Linkin Park's live concert from Milton Keynes will be shown on MTV Germany on the MTV Live Night show on November 29 at 10 pm, please check local listings for confirmation.

Edited by LPKode2

this is what i was originally thinking:

DBS out by november '08

SHORT tour immeadiately following release

LP in the studio until june '09

album release in july

projekt rev '09

but there was an interview when chester talked about DBS, after that, this is what i think:

DBS out by april '09

DBS tour

make-up china dates in summer (like 2006)

new LP by december/january '09/10

I would say DBS released march 2009, followed by touring in spring and early summer months. LP would play China in the summer for the makeup dates for Music For Relief, then release their album in April 2010 or so, I could see a hype-building type tour in January-March in the US at smaller venues where they play 2-3 songs off the new album, followed by a Projekt Revolution in the summer of 2010 after all of the European festivals. I can't see them releasing an album and not having PR being the first major tour they go on after releasing it. Does anyone think we could see a PR 09 as a scaled back tour, possibly featuring Fort Minor and DBS? I think that would be sweet, but I doubt it would happen

Fuck the new LP album. I don't understand why that can't just start working on it like next summer or something, it's getting in the way of everything. Chester could release Dead By Sunrise and do a full tour from it, plus Mike could actually do Glorious Excess dies seeing as how it's postponed now because of the new LP album. I bet the new album will suck, you don't finish a great album in a couple months. It'll never be as awesome as Minutes To Midnight which they actually took time on. I want DBS right now, not LP.

Linkin Park plan to enter a recording studio before December to track the as-yet-untitled effort, at about the same time the band's Road to Revolution: Live at Milton Keynes live CD/DVD is set hits stores on November 25. Bennington estimates that it will take six weeks to record the new album. He said the band would be open to working with Rick Rubin (who produced Minutes to Midnight) again on the project. They just haven't yet decided in whose hands they'd like to put their first conceptual album.

Dead by Sunrise should be finished tracking the disc sometime in early 2009, with plans to release the set in spring.

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1598768/2...nkin_park.jhtml

I bet the new album will suck, you don't finish a great album in a couple months.

Stone Temple Pilots recorded their greatest album "Purple" in 4 weeks.

I want DBS right now, not LP.

Me too

I'm guessing they will release it somewhere before christmas in december 2009, and start touring in may 2010. I dont think they will tour in 09, and take a break so chester can do his stuff and they can take thier time to finish the album.

LOL, but i am praying that for some odd reason they will suprise me a do KROQ AAC this year!!!!!!