How come LP doesn't play 'some' of their songs anymore?

Anality

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because if they played Figure.09, their whole fanbase would get a heart attack, and they can't afford to lose all those fans from playing one song.

are you saying that in a good way or a bad way?

Because they feel that the average fan wants to hear Numb, In The End and What I've Done. In other words - the hits. Maybe not more than 20% of the crowd at a concert are hardcore fans like us. When an average fan hears Forgotten or QWERTY, he'll be like 'Wtf, I've never heard that, is that LP?!' At least that's what the band say. It's stupid IMO, I want a lot of old songs to be played live, but it doesn't look is if it's going to happen. At least bring back With You or Figure - fan favorites. With You rocked as an opener in the past, and I think it's quite well-known, despite the fact it has never been a single.

80%:

Valentine's Day

In Between

(Many LP average fans heard the two songs...)

70%:

Runaway

Don't Stay

60%:

With You

Figure.09

40%:

Hip Hop Medley

30%:

By Myself

Hit The Floor

(Some LP fans heard the two songs)

5%:

Forgotten(because many LP average fans have never heard the song.....)

Because they feel that the average fan wants to hear Numb, In The End and What I've Done. In other words - the hits. Maybe not more than 20% of the crowd at a concert are hardcore fans like us. When an average fan hears Forgotten or QWERTY, he'll be like 'Wtf, I've never heard that, is that LP?!' At least that's what the band say. It's stupid IMO, I want a lot of old songs to be played live, but it doesn't look is if it's going to happen. At least bring back With You or Figure - fan favorites. With You rocked as an opener in the past, and I think it's quite well-known, despite the fact it has never been a single.

this!

~75% of the crowd only knows the popular songs = the singles. they play what the majority want to hear.

they play the singles most of the time because that is what will get a bigger crowd reaction.

they want to get epic crowd reactions, because it's more fun for them that way (i assume).

i see where there coming from even if i personally wouldn't go the same route if i were playing a show.

Yeah, everything was already said. It's sad we are only getting to hear the singles at the moment but maybe we have a little bit more luck at the next touring cycle although I highly doubt ut.

I just don't get it. Why do they think like this? They changed but I'm sure they still like their HT / Meterora stuff, so I don't see a problem playing some songs of these records.

Best example for me is Green Day. Saw them again yesterday and they played a song they haven't played since 2000 (album is from 1997) and one off Dookie (1994) we weren't able to hear live for months. They don't give a shit if everybody knows the songs. The people knowing it ca go crazy and that's awesome! :D

In addition to the regular shows, they should do a special tour for the hardcore fans (not necessarily LPU members since I'm not in the LPU, but you get my point) in smaller, more intimate locations where they are playing all the gems that they have rarely played live before! I think that would be a good solution!

Edited by immortalsoul

In addition to the regular shows, they should do a special tour for the hardcore fans (not necessarily LPU members since I'm not in the LPU, but you get my point) in smaller, more intimate locations where they are playing all the gems that they have rarely played live before! I think that would be a good solution!

Just one show would tie so many fans over for years!

• 1 month later...

The majority of venues that LP play seem to have curfews.

Thats true.

Also chester seems to have some back problems nowadays so u can add papercut and a place for my head to the list seeing how it invovles him bending over and jumping around. He cant do that anymore.

Thats true.

Also chester seems to have some back problems nowadays so u can add papercut and a place for my head to the list seeing how it invovles him bending over and jumping around. He cant do that anymore.

i don't know where that rumour came from, but that's so not true! His jumping more than ever.

Edited by Derbyster

eeeeeeeeh, I don't think LP could do a two and a half hour concert to shove like thirty songs in the setlist. Not unless they have a section that focuses exclusively on Mike for five songs or so to give Chester a break.