Rate The Post-MTM Released Tracks!

hahninator

1. Across the Line : although it does seem unfinished, it still is a great song...and i'm listening to it right now

2. Not Alone : loved this song as well...don't see why everyone hates it. i love the ending especially with the keyboard riff and the scratching. it reminds me of the adore album by the smashing pumpkins, but not in a rip-offey sort of way.

3. No Roads Left : love me some mike singing. great voice.

4. Lockjaw : great instrumental. i love mike (in a totally non-gay way)

5. New Divide : like has been stated - it's what i've done part 2. this isn't a bad thing by any means, but it does make it seem a little less-than-spectacular

6. Blackbirds : the intro is unnecessary but beyond that, i like this song a lot, but not as much as the other 5

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. New Divide

2. Lockjaw

3. Not Alone

4. Across the Line

5. Blackbirds

1. Anyone else agree that this is the most complete and well-done song out of the post MTM tracks? Not only that, it translates really well live. Isn't that what matters most in an LP song or any song?

2. Mike released this to the LPU in 08 after trying out Pro Tools 8. Showing love to the fans. Not sure how this would play out live, may just be better off as an interlude on an episode of LPTV.

3. Great LPTV interlude, lack of live drums. The synthesizer bridge is a tad annoying. On a positive note, Joe's scratching comes back into the fold.

4. The lyrical content is strong but I can't visualize this in a live setting. Same with NA and LJ but with ATL, I keep on thinking of "dana-nana-nanana". Feels too much like a demo.

5. Mike's rapping really brings out the best in the song, but it felt too incomplete. The intro gives a live feel but it's unnecessary. Blackbirds would've been better in LPU 9 and have ATL be the 8BR song.

On that note, why the fuck are people still assessing NRL? I'm so glad it isn't on MTM. TLTGYA ends the album with such an impact that Mike's "time to shine" is inappropriate after the LP epic of TLTGYA. Mike singing lead vocals would not be strong in a live setting, and Chester would have to go backstage and wank or something, because that song would seem to leave him bored.

Edited by LPPhan2005

01. New Divide - Just an all around good Linkin Park song. Sounds great on both the studio and live track.

02. Lockjaw - Great Instrumental. Good Melodies and a catchy guitar riff.

03. Blackbirds - Mike's rapping is back! Finally get a taste of some old school mixed with new school, and it tastes good.

04. Across the Line - I really like this sound, but the almost dance beat in the chorus completely takes away from the message of the song.

05. Not Alone - Great song for the cause. Not so great just to listen to.

1. New Divide

This is seriously one of the best LP songs. I was hooked after the first listen. I'm usually not too fond of Chester singing as high as in the chorus but it really fits the song. In general tthis is such a powerful song with an epic intro, a catchy hookline, great drums (in the professionally recorded live versions they sound even greater!), and a really nice, Nine Inch Nails-like bridge.

2. Across The Line

After the first listen, I actually thought this could have been a Dead By Sunrise song! Really like the effects and the guitar with Chester delivering great verses that add up to a great chorus and an even cooler screamed bridge. I really like that song and I think it should have been on the album!

3. No Roads Left

This is probably the track that one would not identify as an LP song if you don't know. Of course because it is Mike singing here, and Chester, Linkin Park's trademark voice, does not sing. I don't know how much editing or effects there are on Mike's voice but his vocals are decent on this track and I just like how it sounds that different...

4. Not Alone

Yeah, a really soft and calm song... But for some reason I really like it! Nice melodies and Chester's vocals are just beautiful. Nothing too spectacular but it gets approval from me!

5. Blackbirds

Uhh... So I have listened to it some times now and it still doesn't do it for me. This is a pretty average song which is lacking the grand moments and highlights, if you ask me.

6. Lockjaw

I don't even remember this song that much *lol* Apart from "A.06" I've never really liked any of LP's instrumentals, I guess, so why should this be an exception? I'm just too much of a fan of Chester's vocals!

1. No Roads Left - my favourtie lp song to-date. absolutely epic!

2. Across The Line - addictive beat, great transition, amazing vocals

3. Lockjaw - atmospheric in an almost HTEP-way with a nice delayed guitar melody /something many great bands use, but lp don't)

4. blackbirds - calming still very catchy tune. i love the vocals and the odd structure

5. not alone - chester's voice is pretty unique in that one. chill track

------------------------------------------------------------------

6. new divide - cannot stand anything aside from the bridge

1. New Divide-this kinda reminds me of the old school LP. the samples, the keyboard, the drums. pretty epic track. i hope i get to see it played live when they tour again!

2. Across the Line-WTF were they thinking not putting this on M2M? this totally blows In Pieces out of the water! Really powerful lyrics. I hope they do more songs like this on the new album.

3. Lockjaw-Really dark track. This only continues to show Mike's incredible production ablility. I wonder what this would sound like as a completed track? Best instrumental they've ever done, in my opinion.

4. Blackbirds-I was kinda iffy on this track at first, but I quickly warmed up to it. Mike's rap is sick, and Chester's voice is really moving.

5. Not Alone-I like this track, but, compared to the others, it's probably one of my least favorite. kind of poppy for me. but still a good track.

6. No Roads Left-Why is everyone obsessed with this track? I, for one, am glad that they didn't play it live. chances are it probably would've sucked. I mean, it's still good, but it's definatly not the best track released during this era. It's real poppy, and the guitars don't really sound that great to me..

3. Blackbirds - ... I don't like the intro at all, I agree with what Astat said about how the song should have started with the synth. Other than that, it's a solid track and I love the melody.

Why in the world did they put in this awful intro?

I'm starting to consider taking it off myself for the sake of my ears (they bleed).

I made my little EP with this songs and others :lol: I put:

01 - She Couldn't

02 - Announcement Service Public (LPU 6)

03 - QWERTY

04 - No Roads Left

05 - Lockjaw

06 - New Devide

07 - Across the Line

08 - Not Alone

09 - Blackbirds

:lol: just for fun xD

im a bit confused. you say blackbirds is 6th string song on MTM session 2006/7, and LP tell me it was made only for the game? then Not Alone, you say MTM session too, LP say only for Haiti? whats the truth?

anyway, my top 5:

1. Blackbirds

2. Across the Line

3. Lockjaw

4. New Divide

5. Not Alone

im a bit confused. you say blackbirds is 6th string song on MTM session 2006/7, and LP tell me it was made only for the game? then Not Alone, you say MTM session too, LP say only for Haiti? whats the truth?

anyway, my top 5:

1. Blackbirds

2. Across the Line

3. Lockjaw

4. New Divide

5. Not Alone

- have you watched the latest UStream chat with Mike? He stated that BB comes from MTM session.

- Phoenix has already told us the history of Not Alone on an interview somewhere. The song comes from MTM session too. They dug up the old archive and thought that it's fit for the cause.

but why the text matches perfectly with that happened in haiti?

it was an old demo that they never finished during MTM. they brought it back and finished the lyrics after the disaster in Haiti. that is why the song goes perfectly with the situation. ;)

01. Lockjaw - I love it, probably my favorite post-MTM, Probably because I like Instrumentals

02. New Divide - A good song, I only really listen to it now for the break down, as it's more similar to the style of music I like now than the rest of the song.

03. Across The Line - Again, a good song, I could see it fit in on MTM.

04. Not Alone - To me, pretty meh, until the drum part comes in, at that point it gets interesting enough for me to continue listening to it.

05. Blackbirds - To early to say right now.

All are awesome in their own ways.

If your in the mood for a quiet, introvert song listen to "Not Alone" if you fancy a big, sounding epic, play "New Divide"

ironicly, the most incomplete tracks IMO are 'blackbirds' & 'Across the line'

Both could be touched up here & there and they could be perfect all round (even 'no roads left' despite how perfect that one was, could have been even more epic if it had a longer bridge)

I dont no if its just me, but I seriously think that sometimes LP are too scared to write songs longer than 3,4 minutes... xD