Rate The Post-MTM Released Tracks!

hahninator

1. No Roads Left - I love Mike's vocals, the melody, structure, chorus, verse, and everything about this song. I am still pissed it didn't make it on the album and that Mike chickened out of singing it live. You hear that Mike Shinoda; i dare you to perform this song live if you have the balls. I know most people snort at the idea of calling a song pretty but this song is pretty in a good way. It's perfection to me.

2. Across The Line - I love Chester's vocals. He always continues to blow me away. His voice is beautiful. I admire how he can switch from melodic to screaming and raw power in milliseconds. For a demo that could use some final touches and tightening, it sure kicked ass. It had a mood and the lyrics were great. I especially loved Mike's backing vocals. It lent the haunting feeling beneath the vocals that made it even better.

3. Not Alone - Many people seem to not like this simply because it is soft. It reminded me of Valentines Day and i love that song too. I love Chester's beautiful melodic singing. He has the voice of an angel. I love the intro, bridge, and outro. The beats were wicked. I love the structure of the song. I am still not tired of listening to it.

4. Blackbirds - I haven't listened to it much yet. So here it stands. For the few times i did, i do love Chester's verse, vocals, the beats, and chorus. Not really a fan of the Mike rapping in this song which is a surprise. I do love the out of the box structure they went with.

5. New Divide - In the beginning i liked this song, but it didn't have the heart of LP to capture me. Sure it still had Linkin Park's fingerprint all over it but i never formed any emotional connection with the song unlike my top favourites. But i must say, Chester's vocal performance was awesome and i will agree, it is awesome live to see Chester bring it. He continues to surprise me. It joined the rank of LP's songs i can't sing without coughing or straining my throat to.

6. Lockjaw - simply because it is an instrumental. It has the potential to be a great song if developed. It was a great instrumental but in comparison to the other songs with vocals and all, it takes the last spot.

Edited by arbiter

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. New Divide - this song was the best released after MTM album, its fucking awesome song

2. Blackbirds - I really love this song very much, something that I wanted to hear a long time after New Divide

3. Across The Line - with LPU 9.0 released it was killing thing to me, very cool

4. Not Alone - this song is very beautiful and for good purpose, I like it very much

5. Lockjaw - even hard to rate this with completed songs, but still very interesting sound and I will wait to hear it maybe in next album ;)

01. Across The Line: Reason I like this track because for me it has that HT feeling sound towards it w/ the heavy guitar riffs and Chesters powerfull bridge scream that got me right into this track and I still jam to this til this day!

02. Blackbirds: It was hard to choose this between number 1 or number 2 cause this is what I like to hear from Linkin Park. What made me like this song is well Mike is back to his Fort Minroish rapping skills! Shame Chester isnt really screaming on this track but since Mike is rapping on it thats what makes this track so good ( =.

03: New Divide: It depends on what set of mind I'm in whenever I listen to this song cause It has a What I've Done feel to the song. I love the drum beats to this and also the guitar riffs.

04: Lockjaw: It's an okay song I don't really listen to this song much cause it's an instrumental it still sounds good but just not played as much for me.

05: Not Alone: Reason I chosen this last is that I am not really into quiet songs as such as this from Linkin Park. But again this has taking LP to a different direction we havent heard of before they amaze me at times cause you dont know what to expect from them or what they are going to do next.

Edited by colinreid

1 - Across the Line: IMO this song just kills. It's no HT/Meteora but it's heavy, deep and creatively conceived. I approve seeing Linkin Park go on that direction on the new album, and adding some rap verses could make it epic. This track should definitely be on MtM.

2 - Blackbirds: Pretty nice song. I didn't really expect anything different from the track. I don't see the so called "Chester's whiny tone" here. The freestyle intro is understandable, but way too weird for me.

3 - New Divide: In the first days I've heard this song all I could think about was "this is What I've Done 2 semitones lower". After a while though, I kinda changed my opinion a bit. But still, I think it's overrated. Highlights on the bridge, reminds me of the good/old sample-creative Linkin Park.

4 - No Roads Left: I think the first big impression people get from this track is related to Mike's singing there, which I think is awesome. But I'm not really a fan of this song. It sounds like it was written in one week or so. Guitar riff is overused, the melody is kinda repetitive and the lyrics didn't grow on me.

5 - Lockjaw: Despite being just a random song to test Protools 8, that is a fairly nice song to hear. I like the way Rob comes in with the drums opposing Mike's electronic beat. The piano riff is used during almost the whole song, and that becomes kind of boring after a while.

6 - Not Alone: Okay, that is just my least favorite song. I know it was presented for a good cause, but it just doesn't work out for me. The song sounds REALLY incomplete, melody is tiring, the beat doesn't change at all during the song and Chester's voice can be compared to a child (I know there was a purpose on that aspect, but still, too whiny). They should've chosen another demo from MtM, or worked more on that one. The only part I really enjoyed was the sampling in the bridge, with the reversed strings and all that stuff and Joe's tiny scratching, which is better than no scratching at all.

1.across the line. love this song one of my fav lp songs

2.new divide. didint realy likr this song till i hurd it live its a killer live song

3.lockjaw. not realy a full lp song but i love the sounds in this song

4.blackbirds. not sure about the way mikes rap sounds in the beginging of the song like the beat and the sound of the song like mikes rap nearer the end of the song thats a badass rap but im not keen on chesters vocals on this track at all

5. not alone. nice idea but dont like the song much

New Divide- didn´t like this at first but from tiime to time i was getting in love with it xD

No Roads Left - an awesome song cuz mikes singing and the cool guitar parts

Across the line- nice song but not one of my favourites

Not Alone- nice song, cool chorus and synthesizer

Blackbirds- Like the chorus and the bridge, don´t like the beat

Lockjaw- just a good instrumental

across the line (sounds like a mix of ht ep and newer stuff - awesome.)

lockjaw (i love lp's instrumentals to death.)

blackbirds (i simply love it from the second verse onwards.)

new divide (nice song to listen to.)

not alone (too unspectacular.)

1)New Divide - I just love Chester's vocals on this one.And it blows the place apart live..I can't believe how crazy everyone went when they played it! One of the concert's highlights.

2)Across The Line - Uninque song. Havent heard anything like it by LP ,nor by another band. I just love it from the bridge and on,and the synth/piano parts are great.they have to play it live.

3)Lockjaw - Such deep instrumental. the best Mike has ever wrtitten.Beautiful melodies..

4)Blackbirds - Cant rate it so well yet,it's too early. But I like the melody and Mike's rapping is just awesome..

5)Not alone - Mediocre song. Nice vocals by Chaz but it's waaaaaay too pop.

1. New Divide - The best song out of these. Love it since the first time I heard it. Also great live....

2. Across the Line - I love it how the song gets heavier the more the song comes to the end.

3. Blackbirds - The beginning is weird, Mike's rap part is great but too short. And I expected more from Chester's part.

4. Not Alone - very soft but nice song. Always good to hear it. Good for Haiti but not the best work from the band.

5. Lockjaw - Not sure if I would count it. I mean it was made in probably 5 min. when Mike was testing the new protools...Anyway a great instrumental.

I don't count No roads left because it was on the MTM tour edition.

1. New Divide - I loved this song since the first time I heard it. I love the way the song flows, I love how it builds up to the huge chorus. I also love it because it mixes LP's old song with their new sound perfectly. Chester sings great on it IMO as well.

2. Across The Line - Amazing song, I don't understand why it wasn't included on MTM. Unlike Blackbirds, I think this song would have flowed well with the rest of the album. The lyrics are awesome and powerful, the vocals are good, everything about it just awesome all around.

3. Blackbirds - I really like this song but it's not as good as Across The Line or No Roads Left when it comes to b-sides. I don't like the intro at all, I agree with what Astat said about how the song should have started with the synth. Other than that, it's a solid track and I love the melody.

4. Lockjaw - Really cool instrumental track, I wish they did more with it though. I think some vocals would have sounded cool over it and it makes a great opener to an LP mix IMO. Not much more to say about it really, the track scream Shinoda all over it which is a good thing.

5. Not Alone - Eh...I'm not so sure about this song. The song is really beautiful and powerful, but it's not something I would listen to often. Occasionally I will play it, but it's probably one of my least played LP songs. The vocals are okay but the song is way too soft for my tastes. The beat isn't that great either IMO...

1 New Divide - I was totally amazed when I first heard it. It's one of my fav LP song. We have the old LP mixed with the new one. THe bridge is sick, the chorus full of energy.

2 Across the Line - Waou ! Awesome song. Excellent structure. The bridge with Chester's scream + the progress to Rob's come back is TERRIBLE IMO. Full of energy, good lyrics = solid track.

3 Balckbirds - The intro is... Odd. The song is cool but I hope this kind of stuff won't be the NEW Linkin Park =/. Mike is just nasty and Chester sings SO perfectly.

4 Not Alone - mmh good song actually but I dislike this LP face.

5 Lockjaw - Good instrumental ! Too bad it's so short cause it could have became a GREAT LP song. Beat + Piano + Drums = Awesome stuff.

Edited by linkinpark-64

1. Lockjaw.

Even though it's an instrumental it has become my favourite track out of all post-MTM ones. Why? Love the melodies, the mood and overall track progression that I wouldn't really expect from LP. Also it sounds like a perfect blend of HT and MTM elements. If LP goes in that direction with the new album, I'd be more than satisfied :)

2. New Divide

Again, very nice track progression. Atmospheric, yet very energetic. Gotta love the bridge part. Epic.

3. Blackbirds

Probably the most oddly structured LP song to date. Like almost everyone here, I expected rapping in the verses, but we have them in the bridge part. The beat is really groovy, it has that FMish feeling I really like. Mike's flow reminds me of... Hands Held High. It's almost the same kind of vibe. That verses from the bridge, I think, would sound excellent over intros to PoA or Crawling. The downside of this track is that it ends way too early. I'd like too hear some sort transition into sort of a heavier part, similar to one we have in Across The Line OR some rap-singing trade-off by Mike & Chaz over a chopped beat. That would be awesome. And lyrically it's one of the best efforts I've ever heard from the band.

4.Across the Line

Again, a nice track. Love the transition into a heavy part. Pretty energetic song with great lyrics.

5. Not Alone

Pretty much fits "the charity song" definition. Nice to hear once in a while, but it's nothing special.

6. No Roads Left.

Probably the only song by LP that I really dislike. Sounds so plain and uninspired to me. Hate the guitar-work, hate the beat, hate Mike's vocals (he should stick to rapping and leave the singing duties to Chester).

Before I post I listened all of these

1.New Divide cause this is the only song of the five which has the energy and the power what I expect from LP.The bridge is awesome,Chester has perfect voice on this.

2.Blackbirds cause it has some rap but a expect more,plus its still to soft for me,theres no guitar riff,the melody is right and its good cause its anew song

3.Not Alone cause the bridge,the electric sound what Mr.Hahn did is awesome,it remembered me the intro of Lying From You(which is one of my favorite)

but the singing style is not the best and I think this beat style need some rap part.

4.Across The Line cause the best part of the song is the "Its your time"scream

but the hole song is soft for me.but its totally a MTM song

5.Lockjaw cause it has the right melody but its an instrumental song and I prefer full songs

I like all of these but if I listened their old stuffs I feel its bare for me

I want to hear cadent verses and crazy choruses like (Figure.09,Lying From You,With You,In The End,Qwerty,

Right, my bad, didn't read carefully enough ^^

I don't like the fact that Not Alone was on the radio. Makes everyone think LP gets more gay each year.

Wait it was? When was this?

I suppose that means there's promo CD's out there somewhere?