Mike: "Album coming out probably towards the end of this year."

Xero21

You know LP has been around for ten years and they have done 4 albums. But Most bands nowadays take that long. Avenged has been around 10 years they have 4. Like its not a surprise its taking this long its just becoming a hassle. they say they want to work on albums faster but they are becoming slower. And before i get flamed its the truth look it up. they really do need to step their game up. It shouldnt take almost two years for a record....and people saying good things take time. yes thats true but their is a thing as too much time. Like i didnt expect it till August or September of this year. The reason they dont give definite dates is so like most of the people on this forum (again no offense) whine when they dont get their wish. and with the 8-bit rebellion its a video game that takes long to do if you want to make it good. and they probably are waiting for the iPad. i Would get the hype of the iPad up and LP's game. So in conclusion...people have patience its gonna come out.

Remember Patience.....is a virtue.

my 2 Cents. :lol:

Hybrid Theory-Reanimation: 2 years

Reanimation-Meteora: Hardly 9 months

Meteora-MTM: 4 fucking years

MTM-4th album: 3+x

Today was the day that I've been more fucked up about Linkin Park. I always take seriously what Mike says, Chester is a dopy and he doesn't know what he says, we know him, but Mike never talks much. I think the attempt by Linkin Park from a group that take many things in a short time is nothing. There are groups that take in very little material out: Dream Theater during the break of Meteora-MTM released three albums (Octavarium, Systematic Chaos and Black Clouds & Silver Linings). And I know some of you guys gonna laugh at what I'm gonna say, but My Chemical Romance and bands of that shit kind have released more than LP. Shit, even the fucking Jonas Brothers have four fucking albums in...how many? three years?

Let me quote some words which are written in the special edition of Minutes to Midnight, along with the song What I've Done: "After initial listening, however, the band was devastated to hear from friends that the album felt like it was missing [...] A little a piece a week later, the record was officialy ready for release with the addition of 'What I've Done' "

And then add another peculiarity more: QWERTY was made, apparently, during the trip to Japan from the United States and finished a day before playing at Summer Sonic 2006.

That's all.

I guess the album will come out at the end of october or november...but they are care about a lot of things. 2 new shoes and GLXS from Mike, New Divide, Summer tour, 8-bit rebellion, DBS album and 2 tour (i mean one in october 2009 and one now) and a lot of works what we dont know about. But i like these works, weve got a tons of new stuff, like ND and LPU 9.0 and a brand new song with 8bit rebellion...and the DBS album. What a record, "im lovin' it" :D

I am not angry because of the delay, its not a big surprise. The album was promised to the october of 2009 originally. They should not say dates just when they sure about the release date. At first they said october 2009 then march 2010 and then Chester said june 2010. Now Mike said the end of 2010.

Edited by Poci

Shit, even the fucking Jonas Brothers have four fucking albums in...how many? three years?

But how many input has the JB in their music? You can't compare that with Linkin Park.

Let me quote some words which are written in the special edition of Minutes to Midnight, along with the song What I've Done: "After initial listening, however, the band was devastated to hear from friends that the album felt like it was missing [...] A little a piece a week later, the record was officialy ready for release with the addition of 'What I've Done' "

And then add another peculiarity more: QWERTY was made, apparently, during the trip to Japan from the United States and finished a day before playing at Summer Sonic 2006.

That's all.

Agreed.

While somewhat disappointing, it's not altogether that surprising that things are taking this long. Some of the other musicians/projects I listen to (e.g. Seal, Enigma, Evanescence) have taken 3-4 years in between releases as a norm. I want stuff that will be good that takes a while over quick stuff that makes me vomit that I spent money on garbage.

Part of the problem is with the explosion of popularity of the internet, folks want new stuff now, if not yesterday. Constantly, we want status updates on things, etc. The album will come out when it's good and ready.

Now, if only the DSPs would be released... :P

I'm not even that upset about the album coming out in late 2010 to be honest...I'm more upset about the fact that 8Bit Rebellion was supposed to come out in January and now it's in 'the next few months'...wtf is that. I kinda wanted a PR this year too, but no new album basically means no PR so whatever. I hope they play at least a couple US dates this Summer though...

For me it was clear that the new record will not be released until October. I said it often here in the forum.

Chester's touring with DBS and nice little things like LPU 9, the game and NOT ALONE for HAITI ... that's all things that pushed the new album towards the end of 2010

I think after the DBS Tour ending it's going to be quiet about Chester,Linkin park and DBS

Chester will take a break to "RENEW" his voice and after that they will finishing the new record I think...A new Tour could start February 2011

I would think, not giving an estimated time on your next album would be just as bad as not saying anything at all.

"WTF LP!? DID YOU JUST DISAPPEAR?"

I can see why they throw out estimated dates, regardless of how inaccurate they are...because regardless, they keep us on our toes. No denying that.

I would think, not giving an estimated time on your next album would be just as bad as not saying anything at all.

"WTF LP!? DID YOU JUST DISAPPEAR?"

I can see why they throw out estimated dates, regardless of how inaccurate they are...because regardless, they keep us on our toes. No denying that.

I'm used to this after all these years. They say late 2010, I assume mid-2011. We need at least that much time to hate it at first, rip it apart and then grow to like it before the end of the world in 2012.

I talked to somebody from warner germany, and the person said that even if the album is done within the next week, warner itself could say that at the momment its not possible to release it because of other major releases through warner or other major labels. By this plan they wanna be sure that the timing is perfect for a major album in the industry, and that the promotion will work for all related countries. Also, LP is something they call a major band, because of it success arround the world and such releases gotta be planned very well, because those bring the most money.

I'm used to this after all these years. They say late 2010, I assume mid-2011. We need at least that much time to hate it at first, rip it apart and then grow to like it before the end of the world in 2012.

lmfao, well said. :lol:

For me it was clear that the new record will not be released until October. I said it often here in the forum.

Chester's touring with DBS and nice little things like LPU 9, the game and NOT ALONE for HAITI ... that's all things that pushed the new album towards the end of 2010

I think after the DBS Tour ending it's going to be quiet about Chester,Linkin park and DBS

Chester will take a break to "RENEW" his voice and after that they will finishing the new record I think...A new Tour could start February 2011

Totally agree...

I think the play with us, and all of you guys falls into the game like an anvil from the sky...

Let him work in the new album...

Let DBS make his tours, let him work in MFR, LET HIM MAKE HIS LIFE...

im tired to said this, they are persons like us, have a life like us...

Im support LP...