Mike: "Album coming out probably towards the end of this year."

Xero21

http://lptimes.com/news2010/jan/Mike_Gramm...twoodOne_2.html

There's the link to part 2 of the interview where he makes the comment.

I was holding out hope this thing would be out around summer. I know these are just guess-timations being made by the band members in the interviews but still. We've gone from 2009 - Early 2010 - First half of 2010 - By June 2010 - Towards the end of 2010.

EDIT: He also says 8-Bit Rebellion is coming in the "next couple months." He says next couple weeks and then corrects himself. Unless he was referring to when the iPad comes out.

Edited by Xero21

And how does that proof DBS is holding up the album? lol

I mean, earlier posts my Mike indicated that things are not developing fast enough for a release this summer. What if DBS stops touring after Europe, is that still holding up the album?

You could also say Chester living in Arizona is holding up the album too :P

Well that sucks. Guess that means that DBS maybe open for a US summer tour then.

Can't help but wonder something. With Mike now saying Months instead of weeks (Unless he was talking about the iPad itself) I wonder if the LP game got pushed back so that it could be released when the iPad hits stores. If thats the case then we maybe looking at March (iPad Wi-Fi Version release) or April(iPad Wi-Fi and 3G release) for the game. :blink:

Edited by Red_Zero

Well that sucks. Guess that means that DBS maybe open for a US summer tour then.

Can't help but wonder something. With Mike now saying Months instead of weeks (Unless he was talking about the iPad itself) I wonder if the LP game got pushed back so that it could be released when the iPad hits stores. If thats the case then we maybe looking at March (iPad Wi-Fi Version release) or April(iPad Wi-Fi and 3G release) for the game. :blink:

what's so good about the ipad? I mean really all it is, is a bigger version of an iPhone lol...I want new lp music now whether be the 8 bit game or the new album (although I rather have the album all day) I want something! I cant wait any longer...terrible news by mike

Edited by LP_and_PIE

I think of it this way, yes, I want the new LP album, and yes, I wish it was coming out soon, but I also want the best possible music that they feel they can give us, and if that means waiting months longer, then so be it.

$20 says a PR happens this year

I'll bet you a Gwinnett Muse ticket on Stubhub you're wrong.

As far as to who gives a fuck, well, I would assume everyone on this fucking board would give a fuck when Linkin Park's fourth studio album is coming out. But that's just a wild guess. Coming out "by June" and by "the end of the year" is a big difference.

This is pathetic. Ever since early last year, I was pretty convinced this would come out September-December 2010. After seeing a few different interviews with "June" being mentioned, I thought summer was possible. Apparently not.

As it's pretty pointless to put any stock in their guestimations as to when their precious work is coming out, it could come out in May it could come out in 2011 (no joke, it could at this rate). It's pretty disappointing mostly because they are once again taking a long time. It's not as if they just got into the studio a month or two ago. They have been in there, officially, since October 2008. That's going on a year and half. Some huge, $500 million dollar movies are made and released during this time. I just don't understand why they need to take so long. Is there something they can't do or think of right now that they will in June? August? Can Brad not nail that guitar solo or something?

Damn, I don't get it. I know it's important to take their time and come out with the best stuff they can, but come on. They said they wanted to get more music out faster, and they are doing that with New Divide, LPU9, & Not Alone, but it really shouldn't take this long to make a record. A lot of musical artists release their best work in a short amount of time.

Edited by ProjektCharlotte