THE New Album

hahninator

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, LP can expand on the M2M writing process and come up with some new arrangements for songs. Perhaps a slight hint of experimentation.

I'm happy for the band to continue with a primarily rock focus. I'd like to see the electronic side return; more Joe Hahn! (Think In Pieces). A little bit more hip-hop flavour, but not necessarily rap, although the rap must remain in a few songs, but must be of a high calibre. Mike should have a larger role in the vocals (either rap or singing).

I'd really only like to see 1 Chester ballad on the album. Mike can do as many ballads as he likes. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif And I'd be really disappointed if we end up with TLTGYA v2.

I want it to be more like Meteora, but it will likely be more MTM because even if it is more mainstream and whatever, it's what makes them money with all these singles. There should be at least a few heavy songs, but I think a lot of them will be kind of slow

Given the fact that I love Hybrid Theory through M2M, I can't really choose. But from what the band has said, they have retired the old Hybrid Theory/Meteora sound and are leaning towards the Minutes To Midnight sound; which in my opinion, I don't mind at all because I listen to the softer type of music a lot and I absolutely loved Minutes To Midnight with maybe the exception of one song. But yea, im hoping the next album is just like Minutes To midnight.. remember, everyone is entitled to their own opinion lol

i will not expect anything new, will be slower than mtm

they going older, so the only thing we can expect is more balads, less rock

i think this new album could sound like coldplay or something similar :(

I don't think they're old enough yet to use that as an excuse! Anyway, I think Chester's voice is the major contributor to the number of ballads. But I'm sure that they can write some rock songs that only require Chester to sing, not scream.

Since there will be some ballads in some form, I wouldn't mind if they were as creative as the songs on Coldplay's new album. :)

I want to be harder... with songs like Given Up, QWERTY, No More Sorrow... {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif But i want to have soft songs, too... like LOATR, Shadow Of The Day, Numb, Pushing Me Away... But the harder songs must be more...

PS: Sorry for the bad English {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_biggrin.gif

they'll prolly stick with the mtm sound/the musically variety of that album or whatever you may call it, keeping it literally old-school concerning the instrumentation and stuff, but i still hope for some harder stuff, and i'm talking more than two songs. T__T