THE New Album

hahninator

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahah LP doesn't take that much time for an album. I mean: Rammstein for example, they have been writing/studio rehearsals since 2006. And there's still nothing new. Their album "Sehnsucht" from 96/97 was followed up by Mutter (late 2001) :lol:

All the albums were brilliant, so let's give LP some time, and hope that they will give it a lot of attention!

Rammstein were on a break from late 2005 to 2007, they had some slight problems with the preproductions 2007, and it got pushed forward to early 2008, so if you think about it, their album will take pretty much the same time as Minutes to Midnight. And im pretty sure everyone thinks that album kicked ass. So i wish good luck to both Rammstein and Linkin park on their new albums.

Edited by Combalex

Now I'm dreaming about album, which can have long songs (5 mins and more) with a lot of instrumental stuff (guitar solos, riffs, maybe drums solos, a lot of Joe stuff and maybe some cool bass parts). Let's do hybrid songs - some piano mixed with hard guitar riffs (For upcoming live shows Chester can't jump, so let's give rythm guitar for Chester, Mike will play piano, like they doing same with SOTD :D :D :D). Also I dream album without ANY screams from Chester... And maybe more rapping from Mike (but not in all songs, maybe 8 of 12)...

mike producing the album is a bad idea the hole point of a producer is they say this song isint working well the lyrics suck in this song but when its your own music its hard to say them things but i think it will be abit of MTM mixed with HT

LP is the most critical band of their music that I have ever seen in my life. Hence why we never get any b-sides or anything. They criticize and work on their songs an INCREDIBLE amount.

On the Meteora DVD for example...

Chester: "We just rewrote a song

....for the 97th time."

Anyway, they wrote Meteora then scrapped the ENTIRE album, then rewrote it. Yep. And for MTM they spent 18 months doing it. I have full faith in Mike kicking some ass with this one, and him solo-producing it is exactly what I've wanted to hear for quite a while.

No Howard Benson...I mean POD and Daughtry did great things in their own right, but nothing earth shattering...I mean you never really hear P.O.D. anymore...they've not been mainstream since like 2002...and as for Daughtry, their sparkle has definitely worn off...I mean each their songs sound so alike, no variation, which gets redundant...you just don't get that earth shattering quality...I just don't think he's a good direction for the band...but to be honest, I don't know who would be a good fit for this album...honestly though, if Mike was to sole produce it...I'd be fine with that...I know there are some people who think he won't do a good job, but for crying out loud, the man's had a hand in producing every one of their releases to date to some extent...so have some faith...and as always, time will tell...