THE New Album

hahninator

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the industrial metal i listen to is ministry and static-x (although they're sometimes classified as nu-metal) and some nin is very metally. i guess that's how i define industrial metal then. i'd say it's more hard rock because there's not much electronics involved in it.

I like their new direction MUCH better. Sure, HT and Meteora had really good songs, energetic, etc. But there's just something about the softer songs on MTM that are just so good...

I'm not saying all of them should be soft, I'm saying that an album build such as MTM was perfect for me. {SMILIES_PATH}/icon_e_smile.gif

I think the next album will be somewhat like a continuation of Minutes To Midnight. Basically just taking the new sound to the next level and really experimenting. We already know Mike bought old instruments in Europe this June, so that might be an indication that this album will be experimental, once again. I like when they do different things and when all the songs are different though, I love the diversity. I couldn't stand if they released another album like Meteora in which all the songs basically sound the same except for BTH.

what im thinking there gonna do is keep on experimenting with new genres, styles and beats, while having a few songs like Hybrid Theory and Meteora to keep there old fans interested. Less slow songs and more heavy would be awesome, and another Mike Shinoda singing song would be good, but one thats more like No Roads Left than In Between. Great band. They begin recording and producing in November, so we shouldnt have to wait to long. i assume that some recordings from here will probably make LPU 8, will have to wait and see i suppose.

Hopefully, LP can expand on the M2M writing process and come up with some new arrangements for songs. Perhaps a slight hint of experimentation.

I'm happy for the band to continue with a primarily rock focus. I'd like to see the electronic side return; more Joe Hahn! (Think In Pieces). A little bit more hip-hop flavour, but not necessarily rap, although the rap must remain in a few songs, but must be of a high calibre. Mike should have a larger role in the vocals (either rap or singing).

I'd really only like to see 1 Chester ballad on the album. Mike can do as many ballads as he likes. :) And I'd be really disappointed if we end up with TLTGYA v2.

Dude, that's an amazing song!!!!! It's one of my all time favs on the album!!!! How can u hate that song?

Hopefully, LP can expand on the M2M writing process and come up with some new arrangements for songs. Perhaps a slight hint of experimentation.

I'm happy for the band to continue with a primarily rock focus. I'd like to see the electronic side return; more Joe Hahn! (Think In Pieces). A little bit more hip-hop flavour, but not necessarily rap, although the rap must remain in a few songs, but must be of a high calibre. Mike should have a larger role in the vocals (either rap or singing).

I'd really only like to see 1 Chester ballad on the album. Mike can do as many ballads as he likes. :) And I'd be really disappointed if we end up with TLTGYA v2.

Dude, that's an amazing song!!!!! It's one of my all time favs on the album!!!! How can u hate that song?

I don't hate the song, in fact I quite enjoy it, but I think the concept of the song in the way it is structured can be done only once. If there is another 6 minute song in a similar format on the new album then I will disappointed. I'd suggest LP could try doing a longer song that has differences in speed throughout (similar to Metallica).

^hybrid theory's better, but minutes is way better than meteora

i disagree with u there, i think that their major albums go down in quality each album, excluding live albums and remix albums (live in texas, collision course, reanimation etc.) minutes is good but meteora is better and ht is better than that...this is just my opinion of course...

hopefully the new album doesnt take tooo long to come out

maybe they can do PR09 b4 the release the new album and can play the new songs

i know hawthorne heights did b4 releasing fragile future

sure LP is no HH but still

its not impossible

i will not expect anything until listen

and mike can't produce whole album, is too much responsability in his back

one thing is his produce something like fort minor, without pressure, other is produce lp, a biggest seller

I agree. Plus Warner is a big industry and puts a lot of pressure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well, the band has already said its gonna be an "concept" album. and when i think of concept, i think of Pink Floyd.. that type of music. like ONE long song.. yes, they already have a few songs that combined together (Shadow of the Day and What I've Done for example) but i can definetly seeing LP doing that for an album. exploring their music, all their flavors of musical influences into one.. theyed showed that in a few songs in MTM, with great classical guitar solos or what not.. but hopefully they can be still be heavy, soft, rappin, have some electronica..and have it in a great long musical approach.. that have all of us smile and be very happy to listen to an AMAZING musical concept record. i can see the boys doing that with Shinoda at the helm. cait wait. '09 baby.

man i want them to hurry up, but perfection takes time i guess lol

Hahah LP doesn't take that much time for an album. I mean: Rammstein for example, they have been writing/studio rehearsals since 2006. And there's still nothing new. Their album "Sehnsucht" from 96/97 was followed up by Mutter (late 2001) :lol:

All the albums were brilliant, so let's give LP some time, and hope that they will give it a lot of attention!

I want LP to create an album that's energetic, like HT and Meteora, but not so much that sound. Yes, I miss that sound, but I also realize they probably won't be going back to that. I'm hoping for something that you can still move around to at shows, instead of standing in place. Whatever they come out with though, I'm sure i'll love it :)

mike producing the album is a bad idea the hole point of a producer is they say this song isint working well the lyrics suck in this song but when its your own music its hard to say them things but i think it will be abit of MTM mixed with HT