LP Nominated For Grammy

LPxDC

Wow, I didn't even know a band could get nominated for a category like that from a live album. Wow. I would have expected New Divide on there well before What I've Done from RTR... especially considering there is absolutely nothing spectacular from that performance whatsoever.

Weird listings this year. Check My Brain isn't surprising and I think they should and will win. I think award shows, like the Grammy's, are trying to get away from picking the most "obvious" pick which in this case would probably be Nickelback. But, all these bands are popular, AIC probably the least, so I would hope they would geth the pick. To be honest, I'd love LP to win but I really don't think they deserve it considering this is a live performance against other songs, just doesn't seem to match up. Whether or not they win, I'll expect big backlash no doubt from those other bands' fans.

Also, Dave Matthews Band on Best Rock Album? Weird, no?

May I mention this:

Best Compilation Soundtrack Album For Motion Picture, Television Or Other Visual Media

(Award to the Artist(s) and/or Producer(s) of a majority of the tracks on the album, or to the individual(s) actively responsible for the concept and musical direction and for the selection of artists, songs and producers, as applicable.)

•Cadillac Records

(Various Artists)

[Music World Music/Columbia]

•Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds

(Various Artists)

[A Band Apart/Warner Bros.]

•Slumdog Millionaire

(Various Artists)

[N.E.E.T./Interscope Records]

•True Blood

(Various Artists)

[Elektra]

•Twilight

(Various Artists)

[summit Ent./Chop Shop/Atlantic]

Leave Out All the Rest is also on the soundtrack.

Edited by ThePretender

My chips on the table say LP places ahead of Nickelback and Alice wins.

Alice In Chains

Linkin Park

Nickelback

Metallica

AC/DC

i'd agree with that... but i hope LP'll make it, tho... ;) honestly, i wouldn't be too sad, if alice gets it, cause they're really great. it'd be much worse, if nickelback win...

Well, we all know Nickelback will win this one because...they're Nickelback.

Not true. They've been nominated five times in the past and have never won one. How's that for not winning because they are Nickelback! <_<

I hope Alice in Chains wins. They're the only nominee besides Nickelband who has never won one before and their new album is made of win. And the new line-up deserve to win so that they know just what I've known all along, they are most definitely finally perfect with William Duvall. :lol:

If AIC don't win, then i hope LP takes it home even though i don't think the nomination makes much sense. ;)

Edited by arbiter