LPU Chat - Rob: Aftermath

hahninator

The way this is worded, "not sure that we have stuff as far back as 04" makes me think they're just going to release the shows from 2007 onwards that were recorded but not released - Australia/New Zealand 2007, summer European tour 2008, the 2009 shows that weren't released as DSPs, maybe KROQ 2007, Wantagh 2007, the first part of Epicenter 2009 before the power outage (if the recording wasn't totally corrupted by the power outage). Maybe some pre-Projekt Revolution stuff from 2007, but I'm not sure if that was all recorded.

They obviously DO have stuff from 2004, and even way earlier than that, so I don't see why he would make that kind of comment unless there's some kind of legal reasons preventing them from releasing shows from before Pooch became their sound engineer or something like that.

Yeah that wouldn't be nearly as cool if it was 2007+ ... I'd love to hear some older shows. I wonder if Adam can give us any info on this. 2000-2006 era would be awesome.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome chat, too bad I didn't attend it.

+1

old sbds are is just too insane

i personally am hoping for these:

holmdel 30.07.04

hamburg 07

australia 07

any 03

actually like mark said i just pointed these out because i want them most

also 10 th anniversary HT i hope theyll do a tour in LPU tour 03 style

also great to see that new old songs should come in the future

Edited by sckofelng

oh yea men wat an asweome chat.. pretty great news to me.. i want so bad video rip from Download Festival 04.. anyone remember that?? that was great show i wish they ll release it someday on BLU-Ray disc.. these rare recordings.. and.. summer sonic 06 whoa.. cool With You with orgasmic intro.. awesome :rolleyes: :P :rolleyes:

sounds like it was an awesome chat with rob! i missed it, cause i was to tired to enter the chat xD i really love to hear that we will get some oldlive shows and also more demos! the NRL thing it was clear already that they will never play it live in front of a huge audience, but maybe we a very very small chance that they will play it a promo show, i still doubt it, we will ever hear it, cause rob said, they don't like the way it sounds live. so maybe chetser should sing the song! also the fact that mike is coming to a lpu chat shortly after lpu9 lunched is awesome, maybe we have the song then already and can ask some fact about them! i will not miss it this time;)

- aww......want Mannheim 2008 !!!!!

and of course every other cool unreleased show lol

- ok ...they better don't play NRL if it sounds bad....

- very excited for the 10th anniversary of HT. good to know they're planing something. and maybe LPU10 CD will even beat LPU9 if they really release more "older songs/demos"...

OK everyone... Speaking about old shows... Another LPL Exclusive tonight! You can't miss it.. Stay tuned!

A little clue plz for this exclusive is a show or a rare song? or previews of all LPU9 songs ^^ ? :lol:

Edit: I think the exclusive probably is a show :rolleyes:

Edited by andros

I would have been curious to hear Rob explain in more detail what they didn't like about the NRL rehearsal. I know it's easy to assume that the main factor is simply that Mike's voice is not up to the challenge. It still would have been interesting to hear him elaborate on it more though without putting Mike on the spot. Yes, it was obvious that the song would never be performed live in front of a big audience after Epicenter 09'. I've come to finally accept that fact. However, I still have hope that the song will be performed live at an LPU concert or other small event some day in the future.

2007-2009 there are 63 total shows that LP hasn't released.

Astat is likely right, with no "older" shows being released with this. Our interview with Pooch:

> Q: Was LP recording their concerts prior to offering them for download (i.e. were the May/June 2007 shows in Europe recorded)? A lot of people seem to think that there's a "Linkin Park vault" somewhere with a crapload of archived, unreleased live recordings.

"Prior to Projekt Revolution 2007 we recorded some things sporadically. I believe there is some B-sides on some imports, etc. from our rehearsals and club shows in March/April 2007. But prior to January 2007, when Dylan and I came onto the scene, there is not any regular recordings of LP. There is a "Linkin Park Vault" somewhere, but it only contains recordings from January 2007 and onwards. And NOT every show. We started recording EVERY single show in June 2007 - Projekt Revolution - and onwards."

Before Jan 07 there's not any regular recordings. That makes me think that they have a FEW, but then he says there's an LP vault but it has only 2007+ in it. Fuck.

The log is on the LPUMB since yesterday... two quotes for non-LPU people here, the second one is kinda cool:

HybridLPFM: Glad to chat with you from Spain, Rob!! Here's my question: will be possible to hear live again "P5hng me aw*y", the Reanimation's version of Pushing me Away? Love the Live in Texas performance. Thanks for your time!!!

rbourdon: HybridLPFM: Yes it's possible that we might add Pushing Me Away Reanimation version back into the set, but it's really hard to tell at this point. I'm glad you like the song and I'll keep that in mind.

SergSlim: Hey Rob, do you remember if you ever performed these songs live - Carousel, And One (Full, not shortened), High Voltage (Original, HTEP, not the remix from OSC single), Part Of Me, or even maybe a Technique from HTEP?

rbourdon: I do remember performing Carousel, And One, High Voltage and Part of Me. I think we were called XERO when we called Carousel and Part of Me, and it was probably in a small club in LA or Arizona.