Let Down Live At Ulalume Now ONLINE

LPxDC

Are you crazy? Mike TOTALLY changed his look when he toured with Fort Minor. Changed his facial hair, straightened the bills on all his hats, started wearing big puffed-out coats and baggier pants, started cleaning his fancy sneakers with a toothbrush all the time...Mike made every effort to look more "gangsta" as soon as he started doing promo work for Fort Minor, and stopped as soon as he switched back to LP. Summer Sonic 2006 was the last time we saw him with that look, and it was the last 2 shows for Fort Minor. Coincidence? Hardly.

Nice point made there! I guess it is the fact that Mike looks pretty natural when he wears those things, while that isn't the case with Chester.

Back to the music, I love the first verse even more now. The music sounds like something that is trying to explode and when the chorus starts, it does. Just listen to the reaction of the fans when the chorus starts. It has a climactic feeling.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The outro is so FUCKING sick that it made my day. The crowd YELLED when the chorus came (I will too if I'm there). I must say, people who attended this show are super lucky. I was like... "Wtf." when I saw Chester with that panda eyes. But I didn't mind ^^. I don't need makeup to have panda eyes. :lol:

The outro is so FUCKING sick that it made my day. The crowd YELLED when the chorus came (I will too if I'm there). I must say, people who attended this show are super lucky. I was like... "Wtf." when I saw Chester with that panda eyes. But I didn't mind ^^. I don't need makeup to have panda eyes. :lol:

That was edited in, the crowd was really not into the band until near the end of the performance.. That the only thing that I don't like about the video..

I think the loud crowd thing at the beginning of the first chorus is from when the camera kept going overhead and everyone screamed. You know what I'm talking about, right? I remember everytime that came by where I was standing everyone screamed at the top of their lungs, so maybe that's why?

I don't think so, it was too well timed it seemed, and if you look at the video, the boom is behind the branch above the pit when the first chorus starts. It doesnt really matter, I'm just glad that we got to be there..

Edited by Papelbon

Are you crazy? Mike TOTALLY changed his look when he toured with Fort Minor. Changed his facial hair, straightened the bills on all his hats, started wearing big puffed-out coats and baggier pants, started cleaning his fancy sneakers with a toothbrush all the time...Mike made every effort to look more "gangsta" as soon as he started doing promo work for Fort Minor, and stopped as soon as he switched back to LP. Summer Sonic 2006 was the last time we saw him with that look, and it was the last 2 shows for Fort Minor. Coincidence? Hardly.

To a degree, but he pretty much had a similar style before fort minor. I'm not sure why but the whole chaz makeup thing has bothered me ever since he first did it in 2005 or so. I look at it as like Mike added a gold tooth to his look or something. Changing the bill on a hat isn't as dramatic as wearing makeup and eye liner IMO.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

After watching this video a few times, I have to say that this is the ending the album version should've had, not that crappy repeat/fade-out ending.

I agree! So after watching the vid a few times i found myself in it! I cant take a sceenshot in the vid but on 1:57 ! woot! haha

Well, I like this performance even though Let Down isn't one of my favorites...Ryan and Chester did amazing vocals, the music is badass, Amir's solo is really good and everything just fits.

Uhm...to the eyeliner discussion: Why do people always think Chester does this because of Julien-k? I think one can perfectly say that Chester is an indivudual who can make up his own mind and decide without the help of other people what to do!

And if he feels like using eyeliner, he should do that. It doesn't change his voice or somewhat else. If you don't like that, feel free to shut your eyes or look away from the screen.

Personally, I think it doesn't suit him, but hey, the LP guys had lots of bad haircuts/colors and we still love them...and to be honest, we shouldn't care about that at all.

Well, I like this performance even though Let Down isn't one of my favorites...Ryan and Chester did amazing vocals, the music is badass, Amir's solo is really good and everything just fits.

Uhm...to the eyeliner discussion: Why do people always think Chester does this because of Julien-k? I think one can perfectly say that Chester is an indivudual who can make up his own mind and decide without the help of other people what to do!

And if he feels like using eyeliner, he should do that. It doesn't change his voice or somewhat else. If you don't like that, feel free to shut your eyes or look away from the screen.

Personally, I think it doesn't suit him, but hey, the LP guys had lots of bad haircuts/colors and we still love them...and to be honest, we shouldn't care about that at all.

This.

Seconded.

I'd actually love to see Mike with blue or red hair again *hahahah* It's just so old-school but I really loved his hair like that!!

who mixed the audio of the performance? it's great everything seems so clear...

i dont like how pooch mixes the shows.. the bass sounds distorted to me, joe's scratching sounds so low.. bla bla bla

chester is singing like a demon with DBS =D

I actually don't like how this performance was mixed...the drums and vocals sound good, but the guitars are pretty much nonexistant except for the solos. There isn't that "big punch" when the chorus hits like there should be.