Give Me Your Name

dark_master

Do you like GMYN?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Yes, it's my favourite from the album!
    • Yes, I like it.
    • No, I don't like it.
    • No, it's the worst song from the album.

Agreed. Whatever expletive you used, fits the description. It's a bad track.

Because love songs totally suck and have no business existing whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Give Me Your Name is a better musical piece than anything Linkin Park has done in their entire career. Ever. The lyrics are debatable, but only ignorant, closed-minded people would write this song off solely based on the lyrics.

Edited by Astat

Because love songs totally suck and have no business existing whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Give Me Your Name is a better musical piece than anything Linkin Park has done in their entire career. Ever. The lyrics are debatable, but only ignorant, closed-minded people would write this song off solely based on the lyrics.

Into you is a love song too and I think that song rocks, so no your assumption on why I dislike it is wrong.

Edited by spraypaintninkpens

Into you is a love song too and I think that song rocks, so no your assumption on why I dislike it is wrong.

K then, if it's not the lyrics, why do you hate a song with amazing slide guitar work, a great chord progression and melody, and some of the best vocal harmonies on the record?

K then, if it's not the lyrics, why do you hate a song with amazing slide guitar work, a great chord progression and melody, and some of the best vocal harmonies on the record?

My review and post I wrote were through the first time listening to the cd as a whole. I don't hate it, I'd actually rate the song higher than a 0 (lol), probably a 5 or so but I just think the instruments in the song sound kind of lame. Idk, it's not my kind of song.

Give Me Your Name is a better musical piece than anything Linkin Park has done in their entire career. Ever.

!!!!

...amazing slide guitar work, a great chord progression and melody, and some of the best vocal harmonies on the record...

YES! I seem to agree a lot with you dude! *laughs* And the atmosphere and "warmth" that this song creates is just insane! Totally one of the best songs on the album - it was my personal surprise!

• 2 weeks later...

its a good song, the whole album is but how they put let down then give me ur name is cool (order od album)

cant really say anything bad about it its a differnet side to chester and i hope that we get to see this side of him in the new lp record

I thought the placement of "My Suffering" right after "Give Me Your Name" was a bit awkward, though :lol: He should have started with the songs about his divorce and 'suffering' and then put the 'happy' love songs in the end. So the album would have had a happy ending, so to speak *laughs*