Give Me Your Name

dark_master

Do you like GMYN?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Yes, it's my favourite from the album!
    • Yes, I like it.
    • No, I don't like it.
    • No, it's the worst song from the album.

I thought the placement of "My Suffering" right after "Give Me Your Name" was a bit awkward, though :lol: He should have started with the songs about his divorce and 'suffering' and then put the 'happy' love songs in the end. So the album would have had a happy ending, so to speak *laughs*

kinda like what they did for MTM like a death and rebirth thing

and my suffering after GMYN is kinda weired kinda kills the mood set for the song

I thought the placement of "My Suffering" right after "Give Me Your Name" was a bit awkward, though :lol: He should have started with the songs about his divorce and 'suffering' and then put the 'happy' love songs in the end. So the album would have had a happy ending, so to speak *laughs*

Great idea. What about something like this: Fire, Too Late, My Suffering, Condemned, Crawl Back In, Let Down, Into You, Give Me Your Name, Inside Of Me, End Of The World, Walking In Circles, In The Darkness ?

kinda like what they did for MTM like a death and rebirth thing

?? Explain it to me, please. :)

Great idea. What about something like this: Fire, Too Late, My Suffering, Condemned, Crawl Back In, Let Down, Into You, Give Me Your Name, Inside Of Me, End Of The World, Walking In Circles, In The Darkness ?

?? Explain it to me, please. :)

ok well i think it was chester that said on the MTM DVD (dont quote me on that) they wanted to have this kind of concept on like a death thing and a rebirth thing and kind of what, what i've done is

i think that is rite but as im half a sleep and i may be wrong so if any1 wants to correct me please do

It's okay. A bit of a romantic piece. But I like Walking in Circles, Let Down more. 7/10 for it. Don't say the worst song... Every piece of music requires a lot of effort... Just say "Not my taste, sorry." It sounds better that way. ;)

Chester is particularly happy about the song. He wanted to give us a surprise. But the 30 seconds preview made him stunned.

Chester from Twitter: I've been told some of u have heard 30sec of "Give Me Your Name". Where did u hear it from?

Edited by Square_Head

The entire OOA IMO is full of radical awsomeness! LOL. GMYN i've listened to quite a lot recently, its just so different compared to the other work. Ha if i plan on getting married im using this track. THX CHESTER!

It's okay, if I'm in the right mood, but most of the times I just skip it. It might have the best slide guitars/vocal harmonies/whatever in any DBS/LP album, but I'm not going to like the song just because of that; i like what I like to hear, and I don't like to hear the SUPER-UBER-z0MG-AMAZING-GUITARS!!!11!1! of the song (and by 'guitars' I meant the general instrumental and vocals of the song)

Also, as a lot of people said in here, it's a 'unique' track on the album, which adds a reason for me not to hear it: it kills the mood of the album... the fact that I like a song or not during a certain moment is very influenced by mood and the mood of the song, so hearing GMYN after Let Down and before My Suffering really goes against my disposition... (I hope I made sense :P )

It's okay, if I'm in the right mood, but most of the times I just skip it. It might have the best slide guitars/vocal harmonies/whatever in any DBS/LP album...

Oh yes, and that's what I dig most in the song! :) But yeah, I also still find the placement of the song in the album quite awkward!

It doesn't really fit in with the rest, which is a little strange because the songs are all really different. It's my least favorite on the album.

shame, if anything it fits the most in because the songs are about Chesters rise from an all time low right? It could be this song symbolizes the rise of him finding someone new in a way not sure if it makes sense

I would say that Give Me Your Name, was one of the sole reasons for the album title Out Of Ashes. To me the song simbalizes a new start for Chester after that rough patch in his life, he's "second life" if you will. Chester rose up through the ashes, to overcome drug addictions, alcohol abuse etc. During the process he then found his soul mate in life. (No im not a religious person, but to me it feels something like that).