"Fire" Is Available!

hahninator

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love this song and I think it's way better than "Crawl Back In". I already expected it to be great, by the way, judging from the live version :) My only complaint is that I would have loved to hear Ryan singing in the background, just as he does in the live versions. I love how he and Chester sing the chorus together, and one doesn't really hear that in the studio version. So yeah, that's basically my only complaint! I love the trippy guitar effects in the chorus, by the way, and the ending is incredible, both musically and vocally :)

Oh, and the whole production reminds me of Adema's Unstable album but that comes as no surprise since Howard Benson also produced that album *hahaha* I'm definitely okay with the multi-layering, though!

Edited by immortalsoul

I really like how Chester managed to make his own sound with DBS that all the LP fans won't like. Most LP fans are very close minded, I've come to learn, so I think it's funny to read what people say about anything that isn't nu-metal.

I really like how Chester managed to make his own sound with DBS that all the LP fans won't like. Most LP fans are very close minded, I've come to learn, so I think it's funny to read what people say about anything that isn't nu-metal.

this.

I loved DBS so far. Fire was weak when i heard the live version but i gave it another go. I really love the lyrics. Its great. Im sure the rest of the record will be great as well

not realy i love julien-k and the band orgy but dbs im not liking

yet you have the dbs logo as your avatar.

*SMH

im giving them a chance i dont like them so far but ill suport them get there album the rest of the songs might be good plus ill see them live im just saying out of julien-k or dbs i prefer julien-k plus i just like the sybol

Edited by sian18

DBS is more generic rock than lp is, I don't see how it's more unique.

I didn't say it was unique, I said Chester managed to make his own sound that was different from LP. It's more rock driven, obviously, and that for Chester was different. It's not the same style of rock that LP is is what I'm trying to say.

Am I the only one who doesn't see how DBS is more "rock-oriented" or whatever than LP is?

Neither band instrumentally is very flashy or technical, sort of simple stuff. Even Chester said most of these songs started out extremely simply.

Actually if anything DBS seems to be more pop. Which is not to say that it's automatically bad or anything, and maybe it's the theme of Fire that makes me love it, but I dunno. The songs seem generic.

Am I the only one who doesn't see how DBS is more "rock-oriented" or whatever than LP is?

Neither band instrumentally is very flashy or technical, sort of simple stuff. Even Chester said most of these songs started out extremely simply.

Actually if anything DBS seems to be more pop. Which is not to say that it's automatically bad or anything, and maybe it's the theme of Fire that makes me love it, but I dunno. The songs seem generic.

Bullshit. How can you say that DBS is pop??

Bullshit. How can you say that DBS is pop??

Because it sounds pretty generic. Why is that so shocking to you?

I remember specifically in one interview Chester did, right after Sonisphere, he said "I write pop songs." And he wasn't being sarcastic. He's also described DBS as electro-pop. It's pop music.

Do you call bullshit on Chester too? :P

Edit: Not all pop is Britney Spears bubble gum crap. It's pop-rock.

Edited by Xero21

i liked everything thats come out so far tbh. Fire was eh at first but i see where Chaz was coming from when he wrote the lyrics, I think its about letting the person you care most about no matter how far you are away from them they are always with you. In whatever form you want to think.

i liked everything thats come out so far tbh. Fire was eh at first but i see where Chaz was coming from when he wrote the lyrics, I think its about letting the person you care most about no matter how far you are away from them they are always with you. In whatever form you want to think.

I agree. Although, the lyrics to me can also be used in a sense that someone you know has passed, but don't forget that they're always right there with you, even if they aren't physically. The chorus especially

When I look to the stars

I know just where you are

You're looking down upon me

I think that kind of implies that the person has passed on, although the lyrics could also be interpreted in a metaphoric way, much like Valentine's Day from MTM.

Also, the line ''I know that you'll be waiting'' made me think that the person will be waiting for them in heaven.

I'm not religious by any means but I do feel the emotion from the lyrics in this song. I get shivers when Chester sings ''I know that you can feel me'' and several other lines in the verses, just the way he sings it.

Edited by Geki