Stuttgart Post-Show Discussion

Glad somebody else heard that as well.

And to comment on DBS, only the hardcore fans are going to be excited for it. The casual lp fan is probably like what is going on?

I think all those fans who know that DBS will be playing will just listen or something. For that you don't have to be a hardcore fan. The rest who won't know will be WTF? - thats true ;)

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its gonne be fort minor all over again "o lp broke up and chester is doing his own thing now"

but to be fair DBS have done little to no promotion on foreign soil so once they promote it people will get more excited

@bojkic: Where did you guys meet? At the box office? And where the fuck was that?

Box office before and after the show. No excuse not to find it, it was RIGHT in front of the gate to enter and exit. Right directly in front of it close to the entrance, lol.

but to be fair DBS have done little to no promotion on foreign soil so once they promote it people will get more excited

That's not entirely true. In Germany, they have a webpage and a street-team... But DBS is not LP and they won't have the same fans I suppose. I mean, not every single LP fan likes Fort Minor, right?

Okay, so here is my short review from the show:

I missed like half of LP's set and all support acts because we were hanging with Julien-K for too long and did not watch the time. This wasn't that bad, though, because theoretically we would have only missed like 1 or 2 LP songs. But the whole area around the Cannstatter Wasen was just so damn locked that we were lead around the area for like 20-25 minutes to another entrance, and therefore we missed some more songs from LP. This was kinda annoying but what can we do... Then I was standing kinda far back (first because we were too late and second because I still have to wear a cast around my broken arm and I didn't feel like being pushed around all the time) but we could at least see the two big screens. When the three DBS songs came up, I luckily got offered the chance to sit on a handrail and therefore had a great sight, even though I was far away from the stage. DBS just ROCKED - it was my highlight of the night performance-wise! The three songs really left me wanting more, and "Fire" has totally become my new favorite by them. Now some words to LP: They did a very solid performance, but I also missed the communication with the fans, as it has been criticized on here before. But I guess they were pretty hard-pressed throughout the whole set since they were forced to stop at 10pm. The quality of the performance was great, as usual, and I also really enjoyed seeing "New Divide" live.

Just one thing: The booing fans throughout the DBS set really annoyed the hell out of me! I know I rather stood in the back where there are hardly any hardcore fans but sometimes I really ask myself how intolerant some fans can be... I mean, you have LP's lead singer standing there and he really made the effort to introduce his new project to the fans, and there are even 3 more songs on the setlist than the usual 19 songs, and what are some of these damn fans doing? They are booing and complaining all the time because (I'm seriously quoting someone) "I can't fucking believe that we are getting such a crappy band as an encore that is not LP and sounds like shit! I want my money back!" I mean, what the hell??? LP's lead singer is in it and he has all the rights to introduce his project during LP's set if he feels like it and the others approve of it! And it is more considered to be an extra, and then these fans are being that greedy and selfish? I can't believe it! Funniest thing was that when LP returned to the stage to play even more songs, the people were STILL complaining about DBS even though they got an LP encore as well. I'm sorry but this is more than poor and I just had to vent about it because I can't believe how narrow-minded and dumb some people can be! I mean, it's totally okay not to like DBS and I never judge anyone for his/her taste but one could at least ACCEPT it and be fair to the band that is giving everything onstage (and I'm not just saying this because I'm a diehard Julien-K fan)!

Edited by immortalsoul

So here are my Linkin Park videos from Stuttgart:

---- Linkin Park in Stuttgart ----

Linkin Park - No More Sorrow/Lying From You Live in Stuttgart

Linkin Park - Session & Given Up Live in Stuttgart

Linkin Park - Points Of Authority Live in Stuttgart

Linkin Park - From The Inside Live in Stuttgart

Linkin Park - What I've Done Live in Stuttgart

Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong Live in Stuttgart