How do you want a song to be performed live?

FaiNt

ok, so we know linkin park likes to change things up with sets and stuff. add intro/outro here and there. What do you think linkin park should do to some of their songs live?

I was thinking of changing a song or two to acoustic guitar... they hardly if ever played a song just pure acoustic *beside piano, but it was a keyboard :P*

*off topic* Do you think they should write some acoustic specific songs for their new album?

ok, so we know linkin park likes to change things up with sets and stuff. add intro/outro here and there. What do you think linkin park should do to some of their songs live?

I was thinking of changing a song or two to acoustic guitar... they hardly if ever played a song just pure acoustic *beside piano, but it was a keyboard :P*

*off topic* Do you think they should write some acoustic specific songs for their new album?

Acoustic-specific songs, no. I've always felt that it's a lot easier to strip a song down to an acoustic format and make it sound good than it is to take an acoustic song and make it rock. There isn't a lot you can do with an acoustic song other than play it straightforward the way it was recorded. I wouldn't mind them doing more songs that incorporate acoustic guitar like TLTGYA did, though.

That being said, I really want them to do an MTV Unplugged set at some point. Especially after the release of MTM, they now have a pretty large number of songs that would work in an acoustic format.

As for what I think they should do to their songs live, I really wish they would bring back the Reanimation bridge to One Step Closer. Combine that with the extended intro/outro and it'd make the ultimate live version of that song. I think they should move Rob's drum solo from Bleed it Out to another song, although I'm not sure which one would work. They should also do some more experimenting with making songs blend into each other like they did with Figure.09/From the Inside and Breaking the Habit/Numb on PR04. They had a nice one going with the piano transition from Numb to Pushing Me Away in the early part of 07, but Mike started slowing it down over time and it never worked quite as well after that. One Step Closer into From the Inside at Milton Keynes was cool, they should do that one again.

Acoustic-specific songs, no. I've always felt that it's a lot easier to strip a song down to an acoustic format and make it sound good than it is to take an acoustic song and make it rock. There isn't a lot you can do with an acoustic song other than play it straightforward the way it was recorded. I wouldn't mind them doing more songs that incorporate acoustic guitar like TLTGYA did, though.

That being said, I really want them to do an MTV Unplugged set at some point. Especially after the release of MTM, they now have a pretty large number of songs that would work in an acoustic format.

As for what I think they should do to their songs live, I really wish they would bring back the Reanimation bridge to One Step Closer. Combine that with the extended intro/outro and it'd make the ultimate live version of that song. I think they should move Rob's drum solo from Bleed it Out to another song, although I'm not sure which one would work. They should also do some more experimenting with making songs blend into each other like they did with Figure.09/From the Inside and Breaking the Habit/Numb on PR04. They had a nice one going with the piano transition from Numb to Pushing Me Away in the early part of 07, but Mike started slowing it down over time and it never worked quite as well after that. One Step Closer into From the Inside at Milton Keynes was cool, they should do that one again.

Now that I think of it, you are correct about the acoustic specific songs. Although, I wouldn't mind them doing that type of thing for like a b-side or underground type thingy. TLTGYA is one of LP best song in my humble opinion. It's def. one of the best songs on MTM, and they have some nice elements going. I think Brad's solo has more emotion than that of In Pieces, or any other solo in MTM.

an unplugged session would be sweet! Get the acoustic bass going, some soft drums. I can picture mike and brad playing acoustic... pretty sweet.

Edited by FaiNt

More transitions for sure. Dunno why they didn't do that again after PR04.

Reani-bridge for OSC, extended bridge for APFMH. I'd like to see Numb done acoustically or piano version like PMA.

New intros for Faint, Crawling, Papercut, Given Up, Points.

I know a lot of people will not agree with me on this, but I honestly am not a big fan of the intros/outros to songs. I'd rather them perform a song if a different way then just use an intro or outro, for example, last summer when the fake setlist was floating around, I thought Numb (Acoustic) would have been amazing but that never happened. I also like how they did Pushing Me Away and My December piano, as well as Breaking The Habit at Edgefest. I think What I've Done fully piano would be awesome too, although I don't know how they'd pull that off.

i love all three versions of pushing me away (HT, Reanimation & Acoustic)

i think it would be amazing if they did a medley of this.

for example sing the HT version, include the "reverse psychology's failing misrably" part and end it with the acoustic chorus like in the end of R2R.

How good will that be?!

Edited by ree_ree

Well, there are a lot of things I would like to hear. P5hng.Me.A*wy, the reanimated bridge of OSC, the Numb's intro from 2004, etc...

But most of all, I would die to hear an acoustic live! When I say 'accoustic', I mean it, not only 3 songs, like "KROQ Almost Accoustic X-mas" 2001. Would be amazing!

Edited by dark_master

• 3 weeks later...

For me, i got alot of ways, here's 1 of them, Given up,

what id like it to be is to have some guitar parts in the verses, like a solo lick or a pick slide, that would be AWESOME, and a really heavy outro

I don't know what you call it as i'm not a pro at guitar but before the second chorus in given up brad was doing some sliding thing into it may have been a pick slide - I dunno someone listen and tell me what it is haha anyway I think that sounds cool :)

I don't know what you call it as i'm not a pro at guitar but before the second chorus in given up brad was doing some sliding thing into it may have been a pick slide - I dunno someone listen and tell me what it is haha anyway I think that sounds cool :)

LOL it was a coincidence, I said that before the touring cycle start's, and then....he actually played it o_O is brad delson on LPL?????

and yeap, its called a pick slide

Reanimated bridge back into OSC for sure.....Numb acoustic/piano. There's no reason they can't do it. Because it's one of, if their most popular song? I saw Incubus perform Dig acoustic, along with Drive and Make Yourself, and those three are definitely famous songs by them. Bring back the transitions...and if they don't switch up Numb then bring back an intro. I'd honestly like them to take out the outro for OSC. I'd like to see if they could come up with anything as an intro for Given Up. Bring back the "Oooh" sing-along thing into Bleed It Out. And do something with In The End.

for leave out all the rest i really want to hear parts of the remix mixed in with it

like here but obviously longer:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e4wkmgzo1tw

I'd actually quite like it dropped haha

I'd quite like a new intro for crawling and in the end. I'd like With You back and the intro it had for SS06. Also I think it's be great if they could have an intro to faint as well as the outro :)

I'd actually quite like it dropped haha

I'd quite like a new intro for crawling and in the end. I'd like With You back and the intro it had for SS06. Also I think it's be great if they could have an intro to faint as well as the outro :)

Yeah thats partly the main reason why I want With You back in the setlist - to my knowledge we never got a soundboard recording of this intro. :( - tho if there has, someone please send it to me! xD it sounded epic!

& I agree completely with everyone else, to bring back the Reanimation bridge to 1stpklsr & an acoustic version of Numb be it piano or acoustic guitar - the orginals getting boring, it needs a fresh new sound.

Another song that really needs something new is "lying from You" give it a new outro like Faint & it'll rock!

Would be awesome if they had some more live collabos with other musicians again. I always LOVED what they did with Aaron Lewis, Chris Cornell, Jonathan Davis, Marky Chavez,... you name it!

I'd also love it if they included their NIN or Deftones covers again but I doubt that this will ever happen again. The OSC Reanimation bridge really needs to make a return, though. I just love it, as well as the Reanimation intro for "Crawling."

• 2 weeks later...

With all the critics that they recieved for MTM, and now for the set list with too much melodic songs and bla bla bla if they make some acoustic songs for their new album maybe somebody want to kill all the band :lol: :lol: im not i love MTM and tha actual set list's...

Reanimation Bridge of OSC is almoust unanimous for you guys, i like OSC like RTR...

i heard one show in 2004 i dont where but they make like a bridge between Figure 09 and From the inside with chester screams and that was the most incredible like thing of the band for me...

maybe some reanimation intros, like Crawling of APFMH with the reanimation intro...

i prefer my december than shadow of they in the set list...

sorry about my english