Fuck The RIAA

hahninator

Remember this case from 2007?

MINNEAPOLIS – A replay of the nation's only file-sharing case to go to trial has ended with the same result — a Minnesota woman was found to have violated music copyrights and must pay huge damages to the recording industry.

A federal jury ruled Thursday that Jammie Thomas-Rasset willfully violated the copyrights on 24 songs, and awarded recording companies $1.92 million, or $80,000 per song.

One of those songs was One Step Closer by you know who.

Wow.

Read it in the new today, too. Totally ridiculous!!!

Don't wanna know how many billions and billions of Dollars I had to pay lol...

lol true....

1,9 Mio $ ????? Guess she is now the owner of the songs... :( It's ridiculous ...

xD so she could release it and get the money back...

Remember this case from 2007?

MINNEAPOLIS – A replay of the nation's only file-sharing case to go to trial has ended with the same result — a Minnesota woman was found to have violated music copyrights and must pay huge damages to the recording industry.

A federal jury ruled Thursday that Jammie Thomas-Rasset willfully violated the copyrights on 24 songs, and awarded recording companies $1.92 million, or $80,000 per song.

One of those songs was One Step Closer by you know who.

Wow.

Hey, whether you like it or not, illegally downloading music is a crime. Everybody knows this. When you do it, you do it at your own risk and hope that you don't get caught. She happens to have pissed off lady luck and got caught. Poor woman but she's old enough to know the risks she was taking. It's kind of immature to be saying 'F you' to the RIAA. They do have their obligation to protect the artists interests since the artists themselves can't. Even though i know it's the record companies interest that is really getting protected, till the law changes, it's still a crime to steal music.

Hey, whether you like it or not, illegally downloading music is a crime. Everybody knows this. When you do it, you do it at your own risk and hope that you don't get caught. She happens to have pissed off lady luck and got caught. Poor woman but she's old enough to know the risks she was taking. It's kind of immature to be saying 'F you' to the RIAA. They do have their obligation to protect the artists interests since the artists themselves can't. Even though i know it's the record companies interest that is really getting protected, till the law changes, it's still a crime to steal music.

You have to realize when this "law" should be practiced in the way it was in this case. If a person has downloaded thousands and thousands of songs and not only downloaded them but reproduced them on cd's to sell and make profit, then YES, by all means they deserve this form of punishment. But I honestly dont know how you can sit there and side with this ruling for a women who downloaded 24!!! I repeat, 24! songs, I think everyone in there entire life time has downloaded ATLEAST 24 songs illegally. This is just an attempt for this "law" to get put in the news so people will take notice and this poor women has to be the scapegoat, the law makes me sick some times.

$1.92 million of a 32 year old mother... someone must have fucked up their brains!! that's not a good law but an epic fail. really it's so ridiculous. for 24 songs *facepalm* sometimes I think the government is hunting the wrong people. if a president kills 1000 of civilists with more or less reasonable war there's nothing to do but when a mother downloads 24 songs it's time to show their power, huh?

Apparently you guys missed the part of this article, that says she SHARED 1700 songs. That's quite a bit of songs...she downloaded 24. So that probably means she ripped songs from CD's she bought and shared them online for others. I still think...considering each song would be 99 cents...make her pay 3k at the most. MILLIONS of dollars? That's just far too much.