New Divide Video is LIVE On MYSPACE!

LPxDC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the question remains... where is dave? better: why dave appears only once?

actually twice

once in the flying scean which will be visible in good quality video

i think it may be realted to his injury with the base one first day.

so he count perform the second day , may be ..

why always show chester....there are other bandmembers as well ^^

but the scenes from transformers are cool!

i think u dont watch other bands videos , bands like simple pan n many more , only show there singers mainly.

atleast lp is not that partial

ok... dave appears twice, but not when all the band is playing on stage (you can see it in my photo some reply ago). Why? And dave is not hidden from anyone, just he is not on the stage. Some ideas???

Yeah right that's how it's supposed to look like....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes. pixelbleeding effect, explained on page 2.

read moar.

video quality is perfectly fine , too early to ask for dvd/HD version.

Posted Image

its supposed to be like this!!

Edited by XefuzioNr

Yes. pixelbleeding effect, explained on page 2.

read moar.

video quality is perfectly fine , too early to ask for dvd/HD version.

Posted Image

its supposed to be like this!!

It can't be, look at 3:40-3:47, no way is that right.

So if you watch the video after it s finished completely loading you can tell the effects are supposed to do that. Also this video reminds me of a lot of Rap videos that are out today. like the way the effects are and everything. 3rd did anyone else notice Megan Fox Dancing in the middle of the video lol. That was awesome. :lol:

Can't believe that's so hard to understand. Of course this effect is intentional; but it still looks a little more messed-up at low bit rates because of the sudden burst of visual information. Think about rain or heavy snow in a video at low bit rates. The better the quality, the more effective it will look.

Can't believe that's so hard to understand. Of course this effect is intentional; but it still looks a little more messed-up at low bit rates because of the sudden burst of visual information. Think about rain or heavy snow in a video at low bit rates. The better the quality, the more effective it will look.

Yep,

Datamoshing is not new to the video scene and you guys really have to think out of the box, just because youtube or WMP gives u this effect at times doesn't mean myspace and other sites broke the video or too many people are watching it( i lolled @ DAT ).

What a horrible, horrible video. This goes in their SIB, ITE, and LOATR pile of over CGI shittyness. Mr. Hahn, quit trying to direct videos - you're horrible at it! Stick to the turntables or quit the band. Geez. All the videos he's directed have been over CGI shitfests and his movie was even worse.

Edited by DrSeus

What a horrible, horrible video. This goes in their SIB, ITE, and LOATR pile of over CGI shittyness. Mr. Hahn, quit trying to direct videos - you're horrible at it! Stick to the turntables or quit the band. Geez. All the videos he's directed have been over CGI shitfests and his movie was even worse.

you've joined the right place to rant thats for sure.

Completely disagree. After the just okay music videos from MTM, this one is amazing. I love it, he should direct every music video they make.

I agree. ALL effects are intentional!!!! They just don't look as good on this kind of resolution and bitrate. That's why I want HD version!!! If anyone finds one post some info here please(just that we know that it is on the web :).

And video is awesome! After seeing it more than 10 times I can say it's in LP's top3 videos(only the fact that it is for transformers disqualifies it:). It fits song really really well and the movie too. Effects are qll! Complements lyrics and rhythm very well too.

But the greatest thing about the video is that it's sooooo fun to watch. It has so many details and things that amaze me... Every time I watch it I find sth new and interesting.

And the perpetual naysayers come crawling out of the woodwork once again.

If every Linkin Park video was just a straightforward performance video, you'd still be whining. Fact.

And please, tell me where there's CGI in the Somewhere I Belong video? Because I've probably watched that video close to a thousand times, and I see nothing but live action shots.

Also, for everyone asking, yes, that's Megan Fox in the video. Just because she wasn't on the set the 2 days that the band shot the video doesn't mean that they couldn't film her singing the words to the song some other time and stick it in the video.

Edited by Astat

Well, I've seen the video on MTV Germany this afternoon - and it really looked much better in high quality (and less hilarious *lol* sry, I have a hard time to take this serious, but I guess, the more often I watch it, it'll grow on me ^^' Chester's boyband gestures crack me up everytime I see them though... and I don't get why they included the girl so often I thought the song reflected the story of the main character, uhm... the guy, who's played by... La Beouf? *googles it* omg, I remembered his name! O.O)

And please, tell me where there's CGI in the Somewhere I Belong video? Because I've probably watched that video close to a thousand times, and I see nothing but live action shots.

The walking Elephants or whatever these things are.

what ever the effect may be it looks like my vlc player is not working properly effect. lol

and if that a purpose effect than its not at all good.

yes that alien like creatures from the patriot that becomes alive in the last chours in front of performence set.

you can see it in the making of video of SIB.