Three members of Linkin Park are mulling a possible 2025 tour with female vocalist

I was highly skeptical about all of this. It's been many years of rumors and speculations that led to nothing. But the thing is, the band has been relatively active since Meteora20. What I mean is we've heard more things about them since, the Papercuts project, while useless on its own, seems to be revealed itself as a way of keeping the flame alive. Hell, look at this forum, it was almost dead through late 2020, to late 2022! 

For the first time I really believe that something might happen, I'm quite positive.

And regarding to the female vocalist matter. As I always say, worst case scenario, you better fuck up doing something different rather than doing the same shit all over again.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

And regarding to the female vocalist matter. As I always say, worst case scenario, you better fuck up doing something different rather than doing the same shit all over again.

this should be the band motto at this point. i have always admired the ability to do something completely different with every album, even if critical/fan reception isn’t fully on board right away. they really stuck to their guns and that rocks.

Positive comments about lp on lplive and negative comments about lp on instagram lol. What timeline is this?

im just really really happy they’re continuing in some kind of way. Really surprised about Joe, he just released an LP branded playlist on Apple Music with Mike. But pretty much anyone is probably a better addition when it comes to music in the studio and live shows lol (sorry Joe). 

I've been following all this news and trying to digest it.
I've decided that I wouldn't want the band to get back together for a number of reasons, but I also know that many were looking forward to it.

I will try to separate linkin park to chester and the new LP.
I don't know what's coming next, just shows? new songs ? female vocal how will it sound? Ultimately, time will tell.

I'm still processing this news...

I also hope that the band can continue releasing anniversary boxes for future albums.
MTM20 (we need the Summer Sonic 06" dvd :) )

Yeah, sorry but this sounds like a bad idea. A female vocalist is just so different, it's not something that appeals to me as an LP fan.

Obviously the band can do whatever they want and if they want to do 180s they can do 180s - some would say it wouldn't be the first time...

But a female vocalist, either on tour singing old LP songs or making new ones is just... Not for me at all.

21 minutes ago, hellomoto170 said:

Yeah, sorry but this sounds like a bad idea. A female vocalist is just so different, it's not something that appeals to me as an LP fan.

Obviously the band can do whatever they want and if they want to do 180s they can do 180s - some would say it wouldn't be the first time...

But a female vocalist, either on tour singing old LP songs or making new ones is just... Not for me at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkz_Y2paG78

Posted (edited)

I hope it'll not be named as 'Linkin Park', but something else. ☹️

I can imagine the same shit as before, a female vocalist sings, Mike raps, etc, it would be awesome.

Edited by Nezumi86

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nezumi86 said:

I hope it'll not be named as 'Linkin Park', but something else. ☹️

I can imagine the same shit as before, a female vocalist sings, Mike raps, etc, it would be awesome.

They deserve to be called Linkin Park.

The guys + Talinda are in good terms if Rob and Joe dont want to tour i dont think that they have a problem if they tour as LP.

It's time to move on. It's sad but it's really exciting too.

Edited by JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Too many people think linkin park is just chester, when he is literally the last one that joined the band.

Chester was important for LP, his voice is unique, but now he is gone and the rest of the band deserve to go on, and dont deserve to lose the name and brand. The same people that say they dont like the idea will be at the shows, its for sure

2 hours ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

They deserve to be called Linkin Park.

The guys + Talinda are in good terms if Rob and Joe dont want to tour i dont think that they have a problem if they tour as LP.

It's time to move on. It's sad but it's really exciting too.

24 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Too many people think linkin park is just chester, when he is literally the last one that joined the band.

Chester was important for LP, his voice is unique, but now he is gone and the rest of the band deserve to go on, and dont deserve to lose the name and brand. The same people that say they dont like the idea will be at the shows, its for sure

as stated in every LP booklet..

"LINKIN PARK is 

Chester Bennington

Rob Bourdon

Brad Delson

Phoenix

Joe Hahn

Mike Shinoda"

it'll be forever and ever. nuff said. dgaf bout those pity fans that ask the band to change their name.

So.

Linkin Park is coming back, i can't imagine them coming back without at least an EP or full album in the works.

I was thinking, Alice In Chains came back with Black Gives Way To Blue album wich contained a title track about honoring Layne Staley.

If LP releases an new album, do you guys think that they will also release a song directly about Chester?

Do you think that Looking For An Answer is given a new shot?

For LFAA ofcourse i know that Mike said that the song was "binned" so to speak because it wasn't coming the way they wanted it to be, but that was many years ago so who knows what might happen with it.

Let me know your thoughts.

2 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

So.

Linkin Park is coming back, i can't imagine them coming back without at least an EP or full album in the works.

I was thinking, Alice In Chains came back with Black Gives Way To Blue album wich contained a title track about honoring Layne Staley.

If LP releases an new album, do you guys think that they will also release a song directly about Chester?

For LFAA ofcourse i know that Mike said that the song was "binned" so to speak because it wasn't coming the way they wanted it to be, but that was many years ago so who knows what might happen with it.

an EP or full length LP, either of  these 2, I am happy and grateful that the band has a bright future ahead.

19 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

So.

I doubt it'll be looking for an answer, but I have to imagine they've written at least one song that pays some sort of tribute to Chester and their friendship, and I could see that being a track on a future album if they open the door to new studio releases. I think they might do something like have his flame tattoos on the screen for the initial tour or something, and then slowly de-emphasize the tribute aspect to him and try to form an original identity with the new singer

I’ve got an itch (without a cure) that Mike and this female vocalist will intertwine in a really cool way we’re all not expecting. I think about the song The Catalyst for example, how Mike and Chester’s voices basically fuse into one in some moments of the song with a mixing trick. But imagine Mike singing intertwined with a female lead or his backing vocals done in a way that really compliments her style. Of course you could imagine his rapping but if she’s got this edge to her vocals that really serves Mike’s production than I think we’re all in for a special treat. You just gotta be open minded and throughout LP’s history they are known for 180’s and unexpected plot twists in their sound. Mike has been working with SO many vocalist including female and I can only think he’s been collecting a lot of insight using those sessions in order to move forward with something exciting. I can imagine Brad’s excitement listening to new material in Mike’s studio and I can already imagine LPTV’s of their new process. We have a lot to look forward to if this ends up being true. 

I hope they hire someone like Angela Gossow or Alissa White-Guz

BTW, This is an amazing they want to work in music industry again. that's a real bless for me to listen and watch these talented guys doing what they're good at

2 hours ago, Bambitt said:

For a while I thought they might go with Bobby Amaru tbh. But if the rumors are true and it is a female vocalist, it's gonna be interesting

Amaru would be great but he is the current singer of Saliva, so it might be hard to be in two bands like these. 

1 hour ago, Yucker said:

Amaru would be great but he is the current singer of Saliva, so it might be hard to be in two bands like these. 

Saliva is such a small band compared to LP, im pretty sure that if Mike called Bobby to join LP he would leave his band asap.

He was in constant audition mode, he covers LP songs frequently.

3 hours ago, Yucker said:

Its not like Saliva is that of a big band. Eloy Casagrande left Sepultura for Slipknot