Three members of Linkin Park are mulling a possible 2025 tour with female vocalist

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would be a problem for the singer of a relatively small band to leave it in favor of LP. Like, Amy Lee and Oli Sykes are frontmen of big bands but Saliva ... or other small bands

40 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Sepultura had just announced the end of the band. There would be nothing for him after they finished the tour.

Yeah, but I think he would go either way. Bigger paycheck, bigger shows

22 hours ago, YRQRM0 said:

I doubt it'll be looking for an answer, but I have to imagine they've written at least one song that pays some sort of tribute to Chester and their friendship, and I could see that being a track on a future album if they open the door to new studio releases. I think they might do something like have his flame tattoos on the screen for the initial tour or something, and then slowly de-emphasize the tribute aspect to him and try to form an original identity with the new singer

Yeah I was thinking about this recently, I could see them choosing someone with a really unique tone that will bring something to new stuff and be instantly recognizable. The only "risk" is that her tone will feel "wrong" to a lot of people singing old songs. But yeah, having a front person with a truly special voice would be amazing for the fandom in the long run I think

I am on board with them coming back with a female vocalist but for the love of God, hire a producer who KNOWS how to work with a female vocalist. If they wing it it won't be as good.

16 hours ago, linkinepi said:

I am on board with them coming back with a female vocalist but for the love of God, hire a producer who KNOWS how to work with a female vocalist. If they wing it it won't be as good.

Do you think Mike doesn't know how to work with a female vocalist or something? Kiiara, Holly Brooks, K Flay all sounds great to me on their tracks. I think one thing Mike excels at as a producer is vocal layering, just listen to stuff like the NCSM, WFTE or Numb acapellas 

On 5/7/2024 at 10:45 PM, linkinepi said:

What makes you think a man Like Mike Shinoda isn’t fit? I don’t even have to put the list of names of female vocalist he’s produced because someone else has. But it’s also not as deep as you think it is when it comes to producing vocals generally speaking. If Mike spent the last 24+ years recording vocals into Pro tools then I’m pretty positive he knows what to do. He’s only the guy who formed Linkin Park for crying out loud 😂 What he can do with a male vocalist, he can do with a female vocalist. Literally the only difference is what frequency range they belong in, everything else is the same exact technical approaches in pro tools and in the recording process, believe me. 

On 5/10/2024 at 10:37 PM, AceWav said:

What makes you think a man Like Mike Shinoda isn’t fit? I don’t even have to put the list of names of female vocalist he’s produced because someone else has. But it’s also not as deep as you think it is when it comes to producing vocals generally speaking. If Mike spent the last 24+ years recording vocals into Pro tools then I’m pretty positive he knows what to do. He’s only the guy who formed Linkin Park for crying out loud 😂 What he can do with a male vocalist, he can do with a female vocalist. Literally the only difference is what frequency range they belong in, everything else is the same exact technical approaches in pro tools and in the recording process, believe me. 

Yeah,some people are just...I dunno, I'm not trying to get into any pointless meaningless arguments over Nothing so I'll stay out of this one and let you guys sort it out

1 hour ago, Rokaito said:

Yeah,some people are just...I dunno, I'm not trying to get into any pointless meaningless arguments over Nothing so I'll stay out of this one and let you guys sort it out

It’s not as bad as those who constantly say “it won’t be the same without Chester” like no shit Sherlock I think we figured that out on July 20th, 2017 😂