New Smoke Out 2003 Footage Released

LPLStaff

Damn this show was awesome. Love it even with the imperfections and shit. Gotta agree with the other comments here though, video quality would be much better without the AI upscale, DVD res/480p is fine despite yt constantly making the bitrate for slower resolutions worse as time goes by.

7 hours ago, easiertorun03 said:

Every time I upload a new Linkin Park video never seen before on my channel, a Brazilian comes and asks me if I can upload the Linkin Park show in Brazil 2004, some think that I have the Show without knowing that only Linkin Park has them, When the thirty-minute Smoke Out Festival Show was released, the same thing happened again.

COME TO BRAZIL!!!

Jokes aside, a pro-shot vid of that show would be cool too, I doubt it will get released but well one can dream.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, easiertorun03 said:

Every time I upload a new Linkin Park video never seen before on my channel, a Brazilian comes and asks me if I can upload the Linkin Park show in Brazil 2004, some think that I have the Show without knowing that only Linkin Park has them, When the thirty-minute Smoke Out Festival Show was released, the same thing happened again.

Nope.. They don't have it.

22 hours ago, easiertorun03 said:

But will you upload Brazil 2004?

1 hour ago, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

Serious question

Is it confirmed that Brazil 2004 full show exists ?

I'm sure any of the admins can give you the most accurate answer, but as far as I know, best case scenario just MTV Brazil might had it at some point before delete/lose it

Here is the thing with this legendary show:

1 - MTV was there, not only them but a few others like UOL, Terra, RedeTV and BandTV.

2 - The rules during concerts like that is: You can record snippets from the first 3 songs max (some cases 30 secs of each song - first 3). So it is a waste of time trying to convince these channels to share what they have.

The MTV's team who attended to the concert recorded snippets of the first songs as I mentioned, then they got kicked from the press area and went to the crowd. The camera guy turned on his camera and taped a few more songs, 2 or 3 extras. (Without permission). They used snippets of Papercut I bet, but they couldn't 't keep it in the archives as it was recorded without permission and no licensing paper. I went to the MTV Brazil years ago and grabbed what they had.  (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PTrlbonxDI). Thats ALL they have.

RedeTV must have some extra snippets of papercut and poa, but I wasn't able to obtain it YET.

Mark Fiore did record a few pieces as well as usual. But as far everyone knows, he didn't use to record the whole thing. (until 2012). I have talk to the event producer and he also doesn't have a copy and don't recall anyone recording it fully. Potentialy the band took the screen copy.

The band tried to look for this show as part of the Meteora20 release but they weren't able to locate it... So they don't even know if it really exists or not, but it is not in their archives. IF anyone else like Warner or whatever have a copy, it is not the band. Maybe it is lost in their HDD? Yes, but we will never know unless they find it.

The FULL show exists in AUDIO, a guy recorded it but he is a dickhead and I doubt he will ever trade/share/sell it.

Thats all about the show. It could be released someday, if it really exists, but for now, none can't confirm, including the band.

End.

3 hours ago, felipeintheend said:

1 - MTV was there, not only them but a few others like UOL, Terra, RedeTV and BandTV.

2 - The rules during concerts like that is: You can record snippets from the first 3 songs max (some cases 30 secs of each song - first 3). So it is a waste of time trying to convince these channels to share what they have.

The MTV's team who attended to the concert recorded snippets of the first songs as I mentioned, then they got kicked from the press area and went to the crowd. The camera guy turned on his camera and taped a few more songs, 2 or 3 extras. (Without permission). They used snippets of Papercut I bet, but they couldn't 't keep it in the archives as it was recorded without permission and no licensing paper. I went to the MTV Brazil years ago and grabbed what they had.  (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PTrlbonxDI). Thats ALL they have.

RedeTV must have some extra snippets of papercut and poa, but I wasn't able to obtain it YET.

Mark Fiore did record a few pieces as well as usual. But as far everyone knows, he didn't use to record the whole thing. (until 2012). I have talk to the event producer and he also doesn't have a copy and don't recall anyone recording it fully. Potentialy the band took the screen copy.

The band tried to look for this show as part of the Meteora20 release but they weren't able to locate it... So they don't even know if it really exists or not, but it is not in their archives. IF anyone else like Warner or whatever have a copy, it is not the band. Maybe it is lost in their HDD? Yes, but we will never know unless they find it.

The FULL show exists in AUDIO, a guy recorded it but he is a dickhead and I doubt he will ever trade/share/sell it.

Thats all about the show. It could be released someday, if it really exists, but for now, none can't confirm, including the band.

End.

Wow very interesting info! so it seems highliy unlikely that the full show will be out according to what you said

probably it doesnt even exists damn..  i just checked out the track that its out from the AUD source it sounds like good quality thats probably the only thing that will ever come out

i guess that the taper asks for a lot of money.

My holy grail is still when Snoop joined them for “Step Up/Nobody’s Listening/It’s Goin Down/Gin & Juice” from Greenwood Village, Colorado 8/30/2004! ….

WAITAMINUTE it’s not there anymore! Did the M20 DVDs prove that didn’t happen?

19 hours ago, OKCrew said:

My holy grail is still when Snoop joined them for “Step Up/Nobody’s Listening/It’s Goin Down/Gin & Juice” from Greenwood Village, Colorado 8/30/2004! ….

WAITAMINUTE it’s not there anymore! Did the M20 DVDs prove that didn’t happen?

Correct. That show was released. Upon further investigation, it appears it happened at Wantagh.

24 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

Do you know if the full Smokeout show will be leaked?

We don't have it and the Fremont Studios people who run that YouTube don't have it. For that to happen, someone has to find the full show. So - not sure, unfortunately. We'd love to see it. We were just as surprised as you were to see the extra songs uploaded recently - we had no idea those were found until we saw them on YouTube 12 hours later.

12 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

We don't have it and the Fremont Studios people who run that YouTube don't have it. For that to happen, someone has to find the full show. So - not sure, unfortunately. We'd love to see it. We were just as surprised as you were to see the extra songs uploaded recently - we had no idea those were found until we saw them on YouTube 12 hours later.

Since I saw these other songs I created a big hype in myself thinking that the full show could be leaked.
Nobody listening is perfect for the band's performance.

I really want to hear the others from this show.
I hope this full show appears!

On 1/10/2024 at 12:01 PM, felipeintheend said:

End.

I think this is the best description I have ever seen about Brazil 2004. Thank you Felipe. Maybe one day we got more from this show (unfortunately I was too young and I wasn't well informed to go: what a shame)

This is the known snippets from RedeTV, TV Fama show (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKvFddcsdms). I don't think these are "extra snippets of poa" that Felipe said, but these aren't in the show page here: could you update please?

2:05 Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down (It's Goin' Down final part) while the reporter is talking

2:16 Lying From You

2:38 Don't Stay

2:51 Lying From You (again)

3:16 Points of Authority

Seems like there are some parts where the video doesn't match the current song. Something like illustrating the show by presenting different video snippets with a song from the same show in the background. First because the second snippet from LFY and POA, where it seems to happen. Second because the many changes in the camera position in POA (they recorded the stage screen and then from different positions, which makes no sense because I think they were allowed to record with just one camera).

Edited by Victor Del Porto