New Smoke Out 2003 Footage Released

LPLStaff

I think the audio is completely raw, they should have/would have recorded multitracks for the audio along with the video but they have never mentioned the audio. This is probably a direct rip from the board. If anyone were to really release this they'd definitely mix it properly and edit it, probably fixing some stuff like the SIB guitar, levels, etc, but not Chester on Don't Stay haha.

Yes, he was far from sober on the Meteora tour.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, LPLStaff said:

I think the audio is completely raw, they should have/would have recorded multitracks for the audio along with the video but they have never mentioned the audio. This is probably a direct rip from the board. If anyone were to really release this they'd definitely mix it properly and edit it, probably fixing some stuff like the SIB guitar, levels, etc, but not Chester on Don't Stay haha.

Yes, he was far from sober on the Meteora tour.

Yeah, I also think that the messed up audio is because of the raw recording. But especially during "Papercut" you can hear how things got adjusted during the performance. Brad also was a bit sloppy in the "Don't Stay" intro. There were a few places where things didn't feel connected or a bit sloppy. But you are right, they would have fixed most mistakes / technical hickups. Still, it wasn't the best showing for the band from what I could gather here.

And concerning Chester, I mean, it's Smoke Out, so that feels like the theme of his day back then, too ;).

Unpopular opinion here: I've never understood the mighty aura that has this show. Yeah, the first time playing BTH... So what? That might just me, but I've never understood the charm of debut performance of songs, usually are far from being the best version of them. And while I haven't watched the footage yet, seems like it was an ok performance.

Having already said that... Really glad to see that pro-shot partially released. Moreso when they've always messed up about the material ("the label has it", "the tapes have been destroyed", "the band doesn't like the footage"... etc). 

It finally is where it should belong, with the fans

BTH in the rain for the debut is pretty iconic for the fanbase. New setlist, proshot Nobody's Listening, all that rare stuff... new intros etc... I mean the Meteora era is held in such high regard in the fanbase that literally any proshot from that era will send fans into a frenzy. Imagine if out of nowhere Manila 2004 came out. People would be losing their minds lol. To compare, Camden 2004 sent the fanbase into chaos - in a good way. It doesn't have to be a good performance or even the best setlist - people just LOVE that era of the band so much that they could whiff on half the songs in the set and everyone would still love it.

Look at Mountain View 2004. Chester was out of his mind on whatever substances that show, they fuck Wish up and have to completely restart it, A.06 goes off the rails, etc... and people think it's the greatest shit ever. It's just a product of being from 2003-04.

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

It finally is where it should belong, with the fans

Love that quote. At the end of the day, label teams, band teams, etc change over time. What stays consistent is the fans. Where content really belongs is with fans.

How nice and disturbing it is when someone posts such rarities. You plunge back into your youth again and understand why you love Linkin Park. Maybe one day we'll see the full show. Thanks to Fremont Studios and LPLive.
The sound is not the best, but it has been much worse. The image quality on a 2k monitor is normal. Al did not worsen the picture except for BTH. I would rate the video editing work at 8/10
I want to say about Chester at this concert, he seemed ordinary to me. He was even stranger at the concert in Philadelphia on 12/07/2003.

8 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

BTH bajo la lluvia para el debut es bastante icónico para la base de fans. Nuevo setlist, proshot Nobody's Listening, todas esas cosas raras... nuevas introducciones, etc. Quiero decir, la era Meteora tiene tanta consideración en la base de fans que literalmente cualquier proshot de esa época enloquecerá a los fans. Imagínense si de la nada saliera Manila 2004. La gente estaría perdiendo la cabeza jajaja. En comparación, Camden 2004 envió a la base de fans al caos, en el buen sentido. No tiene que ser una buena actuación o incluso el mejor setlist: a la gente le ENCANTA tanto esa época de la banda que podrían oler la mitad de las canciones del set y a todos les encantaría.

Mire Mountain View 2004. Chester estaba loco con cualquier sustancia que mostrara, jodieron a Wish y tuvieron que reiniciarlo por completo, A.06 se descarriló, etc... y la gente piensa que es la mejor mierda de la historia. Es solo producto de ser del 2003-04.

Me encanta esa cita. Al final del día, los equipos de sellos, bandas, etc. cambian con el tiempo. Lo que se mantiene constante son los aficionados. Donde realmente pertenece el contenido es con los fans.

For those who don't know, in this show again Brad's guitar is destroyed after "A Place For My Head"

8 hours ago, RYG4R said:

LINKIN PARK - PRIME era! 

So until 2017? Checks out.

I truly hope when they make the video public again the annoying AI bullshit is gone and they post the actual raw unedited footage.

12 hours ago, bloodbath said:

Unpopular opinion here: I've never understood the mighty aura that has this show. Yeah, the first time playing BTH... So what? That might just me, but I've never understood the charm of debut performance of songs, usually are far from being the best version of them. And while I haven't watched the footage yet, seems like it was an ok performance.

That's literally the point of first time evers, regardless of the quality, it will never not be bad to have these out, especially if they're old.

Edited by RentEznor

The video was private on Channel Freemont
and I have a theory about that:

About two months ago I contacted Fredmont about this show, and they told me that there was nothing else just "BTH, POA and PPC" and we had this wonderful surprise that took everyone by surprise.

It's worth remembering that we have a video sample with some other songs shared a few years ago
https://youtu.be/iZ7VGN8YDvg?si=StbLJRfmxyDiPDqq

who also came from Freemonts.

What I think is that maybe they have the other songs and will update soon and because they made this video private, I believe that more things can come from this show.

fingers crossed 😁

5 minutes ago, thigolpbr said:

El video era privado en Channel Freemont
y tengo una teoría al respecto:

Hace unos dos meses me comuniqué con Fredmont sobre este programa y me dijeron que no había nada más solo "BTH, POA y PPC" y tuvimos esta maravillosa sorpresa que tomó a todos por sorpresa.

Vale recordar que tenemos un vídeo de muestra con algunas otras canciones compartido hace unos años
https://youtu.be/iZ7VGN8YDvg?si=StbLJRfmxyDiPDqq

quien también vino de Freemonts.

Lo que pienso es que tal vez tengan las otras canciones y las actualizarán pronto y como hicieron este video privado, creo que pueden surgir más cosas de este programa.

dedos cruzados 😁

I'm here connected to my cell phone, waiting for new news about the full show to arrive, I'm really looking forward to it being published as soon as possible

One thing is for sure - judging by the reactions to this on social media and the forums, people love seeing stuff like this. They need something where they can release older shows slowly throughout the years. One or two shows per year.

10 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Una cosa es segura: a juzgar por las reacciones en las redes sociales y en los foros, a la gente le encanta ver cosas como esta. Necesitan algo donde puedan lanzar programas más antiguos lentamente a lo largo de los años. Uno o dos espectáculos al año.

True, the videos were not recorded to be used as decorations.

13 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

One thing is for sure - judging by the reactions to this on social media and the forums, people love seeing stuff like this. They need something where they can release older shows slowly throughout the years. One or two shows per year.

that would be perfect.
they need to consider this.

This is great material of LP 2003 Tour history! But speaking of AI... in my opinion AI ruined the quality of the video instead of enhancing it makes it more cartoon-ish. If you know what I mean. It'd be great to get original material one day.

Basically looks like a crap. I would prefer much more original low res quality then that:

2024-U-1-MP4-snapshot-21-15-000.jpg

2024-U-1-MP4-snapshot-20-35-000.jpg

Edited by radq

Maybe, and just maybe, that Mike's whish to have a live recordings archive centralized somewhere might be our chance to see some mighty shows, like Tokyo 06, that doesn't completely fit in one era, and cannot be included on a boxset. Wishful thinking.

11 minutes ago, bloodbath said:

Maybe, and just maybe, that Mike's whish to have a live recordings archive centralized somewhere might be our chance to see some mighty shows, like Tokyo 06, that doesn't completely fit in one era, and cannot be included on a boxset. Wishful thinking.

The PR02, LPU03 AND Japan 2006 shows are my favorite LP SHOWS ever.
However, this one about the smokeout, since the videos of the 3 songs were leaked 14 or 15 years ago, I imagined what the other songs would be like.
and we have this update of 5 more songs from this show. It's a great start to the year when it comes to being an old LP fan.

I hope that Mike, together with the record company, can release some of these old shows for fans to enjoy and go back to the past. fans would love this kind of stuff

13 hours ago, thigolpbr said:

The PR02, LPU03 AND Japan 2006 shows are my favorite LP SHOWS ever.
However, this one about the smokeout, since the videos of the 3 songs were leaked 14 or 15 years ago, I imagined what the other songs would be like.
and we have this update of 5 more songs from this show. It's a great start to the year when it comes to being an old LP fan.

I hope that Mike, together with the record company, can release some of these old shows for fans to enjoy and go back to the past. fans would love this kind of stuff

They're not going to lose tons of money if they release a live archive for free. Normal and not hardcore fans doesn't care for one specific performance like us, give them some unreleased studio tracks and it will blow away streaming services, like it happened with Lost. But "In the End (Live at Summer Sonic 2006)" isn't going to have 16 million streams in Spotify, for sure. 

1 hour ago, bloodbath said:

They're not going to lose tons of money if they release a live archive for free. Normal and not hardcore fans doesn't care for one specific performance like us, give them some unreleased studio tracks and it will blow away streaming services, like it happened with Lost. But "In the End (Live at Summer Sonic 2006)" isn't going to have 16 million streams in Spotify, for sure. 

I have to agree with you.
only the most hardcore fans want these old concerts.
I sincerely hope that one day Mike and the record company think about this possibility.

This year it would be incredible to be able to see the full show at Roxy 2004 with that entire set before Jay Z took the stage.

Every time I upload a new Linkin Park video never seen before on my channel, a Brazilian comes and asks me if I can upload the Linkin Park show in Brazil 2004, some think that I have the Show without knowing that only Linkin Park has them, When the thirty-minute Smoke Out Festival Show was released, the same thing happened again.