“More The Victim” coming to Rock Band 4 as DLC on 4/13

letdownagain

mtv-rock-band-4.png

Linkin Park “More The Victim” and Naked Gypsy Queens “Down To The Devil” bring ALL the rock and roll shout-along power – and then some! You need to pick up this new DLC debuting Thursday in the Rock Band Music Store!

As the first new album since May 2017 from one of the most celebrated rock bands of all time, the 20th anniversary reissue of Linkin Park’s Meteora on April 7th of this year already had fans excited. However, when it came to light a few months ago that singer Mike Shinoda had unearthed a few previously unreleased tracks on his hard drives, longtime supporters of the six-piece were absolutely salivating. “More The Victim” mines familiar sonic and emotional territory for these legends, but takes on greater weight in light of the passing of co-frontman Chester Bennington six years ago. A reworking of fan-favorite instrumental “Cumulus,” which Linkin Park released in 2013 on the LP Underground XIII CD, Shinoda says the cut is, “basically the furthest we got with it, in terms of a demo.” After a brief instrumental intro, at the 7-second mark, “More The Victim” snaps to life with vocals over an assertive, trademark Linkin Park drum beat delivered with Rob Bourdon’s typical authority and power. Lyrically, Bennington offers a scathing rebuke of “More The Victim”’s antagonist. The attention-seeking one-upmanship of anyone who can’t simply lend a sympathetic ear to an individual in crisis and instead raises the stakes by pointing to their own struggles is squarely in the crosshairs here. At 39 seconds in, it’s a prime Linkin Park refrain: emotive, muscular, impactful. Shinoda is an effective MC throughout “More The Victim” and Joseph Hahn’s DJ work provides the “special sauce” that made this legendary band equal parts hip-hop and rock and roll. Meanwhile, Brad Delson’s roaring guitar and the throaty, muscular bass of Phoenix steer the whole affair towards metal territory. It’s a singular alchemy that nobody perfected like these fellas. If you find yourself picking up on the early-aughts vibes of the song’s production and mix, that’s entirely intentional. As Shinoda has explained regarding the newly discovered tracks, “I really wanted to keep it true to the initial intention, because I didn’t want to taint this time warp. What I love about the three new songs is that all of them represent a different facet of the band, as it was in 2003.” Whether you’re a longtime, die-hard Linkin Park fanatic, or new to what this group brings to the table, “More The Victim” is an emotional, rewarding ride. Don’t miss out!

Linkin Park “More The Victim” and Naked Gypsy Queens “Down To The Devil” are available for $1.99 each.

VIDEO: 

Source: https://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/dlc-week-of-413-linkin-park-and-naked-gypsy-queens

2 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

Are the Rb4 tracks decrypted allready or are we talking about potential stems?

DLC isn’t released yet, so all talk is related to potential stems, not multitracks. Pet peeve by multitracks is the wrong language to use here.

https://www.izotope.com/en/learn/stems-and-multitracks-whats-the-difference.html#defining-multitracks-and-stems

Edited by letdownagain

8 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

Are the Rb4 tracks decrypted allready or are we talking about potential stems?

We have the Lying From You RB4 stems, so there shouldn't be any reason we can't get these as well. It's just a matter of someone with the means to do it sharing them.

52 minutes ago, Astat said:

so there shouldn't be any reason we can't get these as well

I don't know anything about Rock Band, so not sure if this applies here, but games nowadays constantly update their DRM systems, encryption methods, etc. It's been a couple of years since LFY was released, so it is definitely within the realm of possibilities that they changed stuff behind the scenes that make it impossible or harder for us to extract anything.

12 hours ago, Astat said:

We have the Lying From You RB4 stems, so there shouldn't be any reason we can't get these as well. It's just a matter of someone with the means to do it sharing them.

Those are from RB4? damn I feel like the last time I checked there weren´t really able to decrypt the newer games or maybe that was Guitar hero and not Rock Band

3 hours ago, Robrobbsen said:

Those are from RB4? damn I feel like the last time I checked there weren´t really able to decrypt the newer games or maybe that was Guitar hero and not Rock Band

there's always tools, Zenhax exists because of this... encryption of a Rock Band game doesn't scary me, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2023 at 7:13 PM, thigolpbr said:

Anyone get alright stems MTV ?

On 4/28/2023 at 11:24 PM, LPsMart said:

News related to this topic, anyone?

I found a YouTube video of "More The Victim" by Linkin Park being played by a YouTuber by the name of Sloth Demon Dump on Rock Band 3, for some reason (maybe he imported it into the game or something, I don't know). 

Fellow YouTuber LACG, of whom I'm pretty sure everyone here is very familiar with, especially with his mashups with Linkin Park and stuff, asked him if he could share the stems. Sloth Demon Dump replied with this: "Sure, here you have it :D

So, apparently this song has been, like, forgotten a long time ago that LP didn't find all tracks so them with Harmonix kinda isolated the song but at the same time used some existing tracks of the song (or well that's my guess of why the stems sounds kinda weird)"

EDIT: link removed

I don't think they are the official stems, but they sound very cool.

Also, here's the Harmonix site that he was talking about: https://www.harmonixmusic.com/music

If you click on the "go" button, it leads you to this site: https://rbdb.online

I think that's where he isolated the stems that you can find in the Google Drive link.

On 5/11/2023 at 5:37 PM, NJPLP said:

I found a YouTube video of "More The Victim" by Linkin Park being played by a YouTuber by the name of Sloth Demon Dump on Rock Band 3, for some reason (maybe he imported it into the game or something, I don't know). 

Fellow YouTuber LACG, of whom I'm pretty sure everyone here is very familiar with, especially with his mashups with Linkin Park and stuff, asked him if he could share the stems. Sloth Demon Dump replied with this: "Sure, here you have it :D

So, apparently this song has been, like, forgotten a long time ago that LP didn't find all tracks so them with Harmonix kinda isolated the song but at the same time used some existing tracks of the song (or well that's my guess of why the stems sounds kinda weird)" 

I don't think they are the official stems, but they sound very cool.

Also, here's the Harmonix site that he was talking about: https://www.harmonixmusic.com/music

If you click on the "go" button, it leads you to this site: https://rbdb.online

I think that's where he isolated the stems that you can find in the Google Drive link.

they sound like they were created with moises.

fan made for sure.

On 5/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, JZLP-NaughtyNottingham said:

they sound like they were created with moises.

fan made for sure.

Those are the stems. I found another YouTube video from a YouTuber by the name of Relatise playing "More the Victim" on Rock Band 4. 

I commented on the YouTube video, asking if he had the stems to the song. He replied back to me with this "Actually, I think I can get them". He also sent me this link: removed

The files are exactly the same as the files from Sloth Demon Dump.

I asked if those are the official stems from Rock Band 4, saying I was just wondering to make sure. He replied back with this: "Correct they are"

Here's my Google Drive link with .mp3 files instead of .ogg files: removed

I converted the audio files from .ogg to .mp3. There is also the notes .midi file, the album art .png file, and the song .ini file.

On 5/11/2023 at 10:16 PM, NJPLP said:

Those are the stems. I found another YouTube video from a YouTuber by the name of Relatise playing "More the Victim" on Rock Band 4. 

I commented on the YouTube video, asking if he had the stems to the song. He replied back to me with this "Actually, I think I can get them". He also sent me this link: removed

The files are exactly the same as the files from Sloth Demon Dump.

I asked if those are the official stems from Rock Band 4, saying I was just wondering to make sure. He replied back with this: "Correct they are"

Here's my Google Drive link with .mp3 files instead of .ogg files: removed

I converted the audio files from .ogg to .mp3. There is also the notes .midi file, the album art .png file, and the song .ini file.

that's horrible, it sounds awful, sounds like they isolated in the first website they found... very dissapointing.