Linkin Park Planning "Exciting Things" for 2023 - Meteora 20th Celebration

LPLStaff

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing that came up to mind when I saw that was that the second version is an early demo of the finalised song. Or the second version is the one we see in the "making of" and the final version ended up with diferent lyrics

34 minutes ago, xeroboi said:

I always thought it was mike singing in the verses but it got change without the band knowing 

https://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Figure.09
 Given the era I would say it’s safe to assume Chester recorded singing verses and not Mike. If it was for MTM then it would be a good chance of Mike singing as well 

Edited by DylHDZ

40 minutes ago, xeroboi said:

And why does lost have two different versions?

probably the first version will be the single, and be the finalized track recorded at NRG (late 2002, and maybe the track was even considered up to early 2003), latest in its recording process. the second version is probably a demo version recorded before the band entered NRG (possibly mid-2002). That was my guess. Either that or just different lyrics and/or a different sound mix. (Sound mix heard in Summer Sanitarium and Mikes Shirt LPTV videos as a background seed, was likely the final mix (instrumental), since those videos date 2007)

Edited by IWillWalkAway

43 minutes ago, jopevc said:

I thought of something. What if the image at LPCatalog keeps updating and by tomorrow or in the upcoming days, it starts to reveal a link to the new song or the released date of the song? Just like LP did with HT20, their website updated every day with new information until the reveal date

I'm still confused about that since, LPCatalog is a fan site right? So how would they know or tease it, plus not every LP fan knows about that site so it doesn't make much sense, but I guess time will tell.

Just now, RayGun4200 said:

I'm still confused about that since, LPCatalog is a fan site right? So how would they know or tease it, plus not every LP fan knows about that site so it doesn't make much sense, but I guess time will tell.

No, I think LPCatalog is part of the LPU, so it’s run by the band. Someone correct me if i’m wrong please. I’m not the biggest OG Linkin Parker so I don’t have enough knowledge of LPCatalog to know for sure, but I’ve heard of it before.

Just now, IWillWalkAway said:

No, I think LPCatalog is part of the LPU, so it’s run by the band. Someone correct me if i’m wrong please. I’m not the biggest OG Linkin Parker so I don’t have enough knowledge of LPCatalog to know for sure, but I’ve heard of it before.

LPCatalog is run by fans. 

4 minutes ago, Coizu said:

LPCatalog is run by fans. 

Yeah I thought so, on the subject tho, one thing that annoys me about LPCatalog is that they put their watermark over the album covers and such, so I gotta photoshop to remove it or crop so I can use the covers

2 minutes ago, jopevc said:

So, possibly the guys who run LPCatalog were contacted by the band to purposely put those images to start the hype train, or it´s just kind of a prank to also start the hype

Can't see it being some prank 

3 minutes ago, jopevc said:

So, possibly the guys who run LPCatalog were contacted by the band to purposely put those images to start the hype train, or it´s just kind of a prank to also start the hype

Fan sites have been involved in the marketing for the band before so it‘s nothing unimaginable. 

16 minutes ago, jopevc said:

something so enigmatic like that is definitely something LP would do

they did it with HT20 so of course they’re gonna do it with Meteora20. It’s LP’s incredible hype building yet mysterious style of doing teasers, and that’s something I love about them.

Edited by IWillWalkAway

Don’t know if this is anything special but it def wasn’t there last night. The “complete playlist” that LP posted on their Spotify has a Meteora image of the art day at the wall. One that I dont ever remember seeing anywhere 

21 minutes ago, DylHDZ said:

Don’t know if this is anything special but it def wasn’t there last night. The “complete playlist” that LP posted on their Spotify has a Meteora image of the art day at the wall. One that I dont ever remember seeing anywhere 

Been like that for awhile for me

6 minutes ago, Bambitt said:

where did you find this? legit or fan made?

this is the playlist cover for Linkin Park Complete Playlist on Spotify. yes, it is official. they change it once in a while. they updated this cover Q3-Q4 last year.

I read up on Linkinpedia about "Figure.09" yesterday. In the Meteora booklet it is said that they swapped the original rap verses of the song for singing only to undo that change while in NYC "because it made the song more interesting". Until yesterday I never questioned it but then I realized that it was most likely not the case (conspiracy time :D).
What I THINK is far more likely than changing a fundamental part of a song during the mixing progress (the band themselves said it is extremely rare and stressful to record while mixing, which was true during that time) especially after they worked in the studio on the version with singing which they took to NYC is that Chester's sickness prevented them from finishing the singing verses. Pure speculation on my part but I can imagine them trying their hardest to finish up "Somewhere I Belong" because it was supposed to be the first single (and "From The Inside") left Chester too sick to record anymore vocals. Therefore they had to react to that and changed the verses back so Mike could finish them.

The devil lies in the details: "Somewhere I Belong" and "From The Inside" were finished as intended but "Figure.09" (by my theory) couldn't get finished the way they wanted to. Therefore they had to go back to an "inferior" version which is something they probably wouldn't ever say upfront because after all Meteora was the album they wanted to be perfect.

Anyway, long ramble, judging by everything we know that seems more likely to me than what "officially" got said about this episode. Maybe M20 will shine a new light on it or I'm completely wrong. If anyone appreciates these thoughts it might be someone on here, though :D.

Edited by Trumtram

2 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

I read up on Linkinpedia about "Figure.09" yesterday. In the Meteora booklet it is said that they swapped the original rap verses of the song for singing only to undo that change while in NYC "because it made the song more interesting". Until yesterday I never questioned it but then I realized that it was most likely not the case (conspiracy time :D).
What I THINK is far more likely than changing a fundamental part of a song during the mixing progress (the band themselves said it is extremely rare and stressful to record while mixing, which was true during that time) especially after they worked in the studio on the version with singing which they took to NYC is that Chester's sickness prevented them from finishing the singing verses. Pure speculation on my part but I can imagine them trying their hardest to finish up "Somewhere I Belong" because it was supposed to be the first single (and "From The Inside") left Chester too sick to record anymore vocals. Therefore they had to react to that and changed the verses back so Mike could finish them.

The devil lies in the details: "Somewhere I Belong" and "From The Inside" were finished as intended but "Figure.09" (by my theory) couldn't get finished the way they wanted to. Therefore they had to go back to an "inferior" version which is something they probably wouldn't ever say upfront because after all Meteora was the album they wanted to be perfect.

Anyway, long ramble, judging by everything we know that seems more likely to me than what "officially" got said about this episode. Maybe M20 will shine a new light on it or I'm completely wrong. If someone appreciates these thoughts it might be someone on here, though :D.

Hey that's interesting train of thought. Could be true, we'll probably never know. Never thought about it that way. Cool!