Q&A With Linkin Park + Projekt Revolution 2002 Stream

lpliveusername

3 hours ago, letdownagain said:

My feelings are the DVDs in the boxset are less to do with a decision about quality and more to do with making them more universally accessible.

Those of us here specifically might be better versed in the technology and quality differences, but I think a lot of the buying public stuff can’t play BluRay or doesn’t understand it’s benefits, so Warner doesn’t want to lose sales in that domain. I’ve worked in retail where movies are sold, and one example was a customer who didn’t want to buy a combo pack of Star Wars with BR, DVD, and digital download that was cheaper than the standalone DVD because he “just wanted the DVD.” That’s the type of person who isn’t gonna buy a boxset with only one BluRay with all the video features, even if that might make more sense.

It’s quite possible this will only be 480, but it depends on how it’s filmed. I’ve seen other music stuff this year streamed at 1080 on YouTube, then released solely on DVD.

The last time I brought up the fact that DVDs still account for an overwhelming majority of physical video media sales, people tried to argue that it doesn't matter lol.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Astat said:

The last time I brought up the fact that DVDs still account for an overwhelming majority of physical video media sales, people tried to argue that it doesn't matter lol.

31 minutes ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

VHS was cool too but we have to move on. 

That loop closed very quickly lol.

I'm betting most if not all of the footage was recorded on tape instead of film (specially RaR 2001, since it was recorded with a TV broadcast in mind), and if that's correct then there's not a lot of upscaling they could have done to get any better than 640x480. Now, if the video has weird scanlines or not that usually has to do with the fact of having an interlaced image instead of a progressive one (480p vs 480i).

Quality aside, I guess Blu-ray would have been more compact, but less accesible. Personally I think DVD was a better call because such a huge amount of content would have required several menus that usually drag on forever in some blu-ray players. 

6 hours ago, linkin_boss said:

I'm betting most if not all of the footage was recorded on tape instead of film (specially RaR 2001, since it was recorded with a TV broadcast in mind), and if that's correct then there's not a lot of upscaling they could have done to get any better than 640x480. Now, if the video has weird scanlines or not that usually has to do with the fact of having an interlaced image instead of a progressive one (480p vs 480i).

Quality aside, I guess Blu-ray would have been more compact, but less accesible. Personally I think DVD was a better call because such a huge amount of content would have required several menus that usually drag on forever in some blu-ray players. 

I’m slightly inclined to agree with you, but there’s some things I question. One would be that it looks like your using NTSC aspect ratio, whereas the master source being from a German station is probably PAL.

On top is that the HD rebroadcast that exists at 720, which means that the station either has a higher quality source to work from, or already upscaled from their master. 

The modern Doctor Who releases (up to Series 5) come to mind. The source is PAL 720x576. While the Blu-Ray upscales to 1080, the US DVD release has to downscale to 720x480. 

15 minutes ago, LPForAll said:

So is it correct that we will see the complete show in the stream but on the DVD there will be only excerpts of the show mixed with tracks from San Diego?

I don't think so.

The video should be the same, anyway I hope someone will record it

On 10/4/2020 at 4:23 PM, letdownagain said:

My feelings are the DVDs in the boxset are less to do with a decision about quality and more to do with making them more universally accessible.

Those of us here specifically might be better versed in the technology and quality differences, but I think a lot of the buying public stuff can’t play BluRay or doesn’t understand it’s benefits, so Warner doesn’t want to lose sales in that domain. I’ve worked in retail where movies are sold, and one example was a customer who didn’t want to buy a combo pack of Star Wars with BR, DVD, and digital download that was cheaper than the standalone DVD because he “just wanted the DVD.” That’s the type of person who isn’t gonna buy a boxset with only one BluRay with all the video features, even if that might make more sense.

It’s quite possible this will only be 480, but it depends on how it’s filmed. I’ve seen other music stuff this year streamed at 1080 on YouTube, then released solely on DVD.

Great post. Agreed 100%. I wouldn’t buy a BluRay release, I only can play DVDs. So I’m glad they put DVDs in this. I got the Metallica S&M2 on DVD too. 

11 hours ago, LPForAll said:

Yes. But in regards of the DVD they don't say that it is included in full.

in vídeo unboxing Mike, a message appears on the screen "A Full Projekt Revolution Tour Show From 2002"

I am 100% sure that this show stream is the same as the DVD.

I haven't seen it at any time on the LP website or until now officially saying that PR DVD would be a mix between San Diego and Vegas.

in fact I think there may be parts from the San Diego Show on "The Sequel Of The DVD With The Worst Name We Have Made".

But PR DVD is Las Vegas Full Concert Same Stream, and i'm very, Very Happy This 😀👏🏻

Edited by Hybridtheory

15 hours ago, Hybridtheory said:

in vídeo unboxing Mike, a message appears on the screen "A Full Projekt Revolution Tour Show From 2002"

I am 100% sure that this show stream is the same as the DVD.

I haven't seen it at any time on the LP website or until now officially saying that PR DVD would be a mix between San Diego and Vegas.

in fact I think there may be parts from the San Diego Show on "The Sequel Of The DVD With The Worst Name We Have Made".

But PR DVD is Las Vegas Full Concert Same Stream, and i'm very, Very Happy This 😀👏🏻

That sounds very good. Many sides make confusing statements such as http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Hybrid_Theory_(20th_Anniversary_Edition).

"The Projekt Revolution 2002 disc includes an hour of unseen live footage from Las Vegas and San Diego" The Las Vegas show is almost about an hour in length.

live footage from Las Vegas and San

Diego

2 hours ago, LPForAll said:

That sounds very good. Many sides make confusing statements such as http://linkinpedia.com/index.php?title=Hybrid_Theory_(20th_Anniversary_Edition).

"The Projekt Revolution 2002 disc includes an hour of unseen live footage from Las Vegas and San Diego" The Las Vegas show is almost about an hour in length.

live footage from Las Vegas and San

Diego

well, i still believe it's the full vegas show.

the scream for sure is the full of Vegas, if it was a mix they would have announced it, and the DVD also I believe is vegas.

I think a mix of San Diego and Vegas would be confusing.

well, we can only wait ...

24 minutes ago, Hybridtheory said:

well, i still believe it's the full vegas show.

the scream for sure is the full of Vegas, if it was a mix they would have announced it, and the DVD also I believe is vegas.

I think a mix of San Diego and Vegas would be confusing.

well, we can only wait ...

It's a case of LP just not typing it correctly on the broadcast.

The entire thing is a mix of both shows. Probably because one of the shows had chaos with the crowd, etc (Check the show pages).

1 hour ago, LPLStaff said:

It's a case of LP just not typing it correctly on the broadcast.

The entire thing is a mix of both shows. Probably because one of the shows had chaos with the crowd, etc (Check the show pages).

yes i already read.

the San Diego show had a few breaks.

in las vegas even with fights, there was no pause.
hear a little boo when Chester thanked him for security, they may have just edited that part.

think with me, if it was a mix they could have said it in the trailer, the more they say
Full concert Las Vegas.
that is, the stream is only from Vegas.

we will only know on the 9th though, but i am convinced that it is just the full vegas show.