Somebodyangry

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Where ? 

https://twitter.com/astatslpvids/status/1300272287694946309

Astat only posted the second half of my argument with Sean though. It started with me replying to fan on Facebook asking Grey Daze if they were going to re-release Wake Me and ...No Sun Today and I told them that Sean blocked sales of them by dishonestly calling fakes when they're not, because he's a douchebag, and that's when Sean basically replied to me with "No, YOU"RE a douchebag!" and I called him out for lying about Warner and claiming they forced Chester to wipe Grey Daze's music from the internet when he first joined Linkin Park, which we all know is not true, because their music all over the internet at the time (I also pointed out how the few fake copies were actually made by Mace Beyers and I posted a link to this Amazon page to prove it https://www.amazon.com/Grey-Daze-Today-Chesters-Linkin/dp/B006YYJGNI,) but Sean had no real argument, so he just kept doubling down and insulting me. It was pretty funny.

Edited by kcg

2 hours ago, kcg said:

I called him out for lying about Warner and claiming they forced Chester to wipe Grey Daze's music from the internet when he first joined Linkin Park, which we all know is not true, because their music all over the internet at the time

This isn't a lie. It actually happened, but it wasn't exactly right after Chester joined Linkin Park.

Warner used to be very strict with Linkin Park. To this day, DJ Lethal holds a grudge over Warner blocking the release of his collaboration with Chester. The label also blocked the release of Chester's collaboration with Slash and potentially other things we don't know about.

So this is how the story goes: Bobby Benish was diagnosed with cancer and Grey Daze wanted to play at show to raise money for him. The show never happened because Warner wanted Chester in the studio working on Meteora. Meanwhile, Sean was also working on a re-recording of No Sun Today which was also blocked by Warner several times over the years. Warner was also the reason why LPAssociation never posted the full remaster / re-recording / re-mix of No Sun Today. When iTunes became a thing, the original Grey Daze albums were available for purchase in digital format. I guess this was the reason Sean asked fan sites not to share the albums for free anymore. When Warner decided to finally make the Linkin Park catalog available on iTunes, they took down the Grey Daze albums.

59 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

This isn't a lie. It actually happened, but Chester had nothing to do with it and it wasn't right after Chester joined Linkin Park. Warner used to be very strict with Linkin Park. To this day, DJ Lethal holds a grudge over Warner blocking the release of his collaboration with Chester. The label also blocked the release of Chester's collaboration with Slash and potentially other things we don't know about.

So this is how the story goes: Bobby Benish was diagnosed with cancer and Grey Daze wanted to play at show to raise money for him. The show never happened because Warner wanted Chester in the studio working on Meteora. Meanwhile, Sean was also working on a re-recording of No Sun Today which was also blocked by Warner several times over the years. Warner was also the reason why LPAssociation never posted the full remaster / re-recording / re-mix of No Sun Today. When iTunes became a thing, the original Grey Daze albums were available for purchase in digital format. I guess this was the reason Sean asked fan sites not to share the albums for free anymore. When Warner decided to finally make the Linkin Park catalog available on iTunes, they took down the Grey Daze albums.

Yes, I know about the Bobby Benish story and the ...No Sun Today remaster being blocked, but their music was still on Youtube and many different mp3 sites and their CDs were sold all over eBay, Amazon and Discogs (including the CD-R copies that Mace made like I said and showed proof of) until Sean decided to push this Amends "lost music" narrative. He hated Warner for blocking Wake Me and ...No Sun Today only to turn around and do that himself. Grey Daze even uploaded both albums in full to their Youtube channel in 2017 only to suddenly take them down when they decided to change their own narrative in order to promote Amends.

He even blocked other previous uploads of both albums on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XhMr6bfbO4 <- This used to be a link to the ...No Sun Today version of Sometimes uploaded way back in 2006 and it was the most viewed Grey Daze song on Youtube for over a decade, but Sean copyright claimed and blocked it.

Really don’t want to enter into this, as I said a thousand times I don’t want to defend Sean because I don’t have clue on some of the facts he and you guys are taking about. The only thing I can say seeing those conversations on Twitter is that yeah he’s been pretty rough with some of you guys and that’s not a good thing obviously. On the other side, I talked to him on Direct a bit and I can see and understand to a certain extent why he could be upset about people being so negative on GD projects. But really, don’t want to defend him and take his parts because there are many things I don’t know so I just enjoy the music for what it is, one of the best things involving Chester that happened in this decade. 

Aight the guy is a douche and all like we have already seen but still, the label thing is not a lie right? Dunno why but recently Ive seen fans implying stuff like the label never prevented the band from releasing music they wanted to or in this case specially that there was never an issue with GD.

Cant remember it here on this forum, but Im sure it happened on Reddit and now Im seeing it on that Astat tweet, well not on the tweet but on the LPA dude reply to it. Hate the guy, the band and their recent actions but that doesnt excuse the messed up things the label did in the past.

Even if all he says is true (I am way too uninformed to have any opinion about all that) he should NEVER go around and insult people publicly. You just don‘t do that as a public person. If you do that you immediately look like a huge asshole. Even if other people call you stupid shit, be the bigger person and either try to continue by having a useful and calm discussion or just don‘t participate. There is no win in insulting people. 

He chose to be the person who wants to argue and insult other people. That alone is enough reason for me to not give him any of my money. 

5 hours ago, Coizu said:

Even if all he says is true (I am way too uninformed to have any opinion about all that) he should NEVER go around and insult people publicly. You just don‘t do that as a public person. If you do that you immediately look like a huge asshole. Even if other people call you stupid shit, be the bigger person and either try to continue by having a useful and calm discussion or just don‘t participate. There is no win in insulting people. 

He chose to be the person who wants to argue and insult other people. That alone is enough reason for me to not give him any of my money. 

Yeah exactly. Pretty much how I feel about certain political leaders too lol. The childish demeanor should cross a line with any rational person. 

4 minutes ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

What I've got from here: Sean is still a massive a**hole, Warner used to be awful as hell and 'Lestat' being my favorite word of the day.

Don’t get the joke about Astat-Lestat. He misspelled a nickname, he probably doesn’t give a shit about the correct spelling. 

3 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

Why did he say Lestat though when he’s a totally different user releasing GD stuff here

I guess Lestat de Lioncourt came to mind now and makes it 1000 times funnier.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

30 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Don’t get the joke about Astat-Lestat. He misspelled a nickname, he probably doesn’t give a shit about the correct spelling. 

Because Lestat is literally the reason Grey Daze got back together. The members fucking hated each other before Lestat started digging for their history. He is the closest thing to a friend that Sean has in the Linkin Park community. Everything he did helped promoting Grey Daze among Linkin Park fans. Then out of nowhere Sean says "fuck Lestat"! Twice in a row! That's fucking hilarious! The dude can't even tell his friends from his enemies. lol

10 minutes ago, lpliveusername said:

Because Lestat is literally the reason Grey Daze got back together. The members fucking hated each other before Lestat started digging for their history. He is the closest thing to a friend that Sean has in the Linkin Park community. Everything he did helped promoting Grey Daze among Linkin Park fans. Then out of nowhere Sean says "fuck Lestat"! Twice in a row! That's fucking hilarious! The dude can't even tell his friends from his enemies. lol

Funniest joke ever. 

On 9/2/2020 at 6:37 PM, lpliveusername said:

Yeah i remember well Lestat was the guy that was posting Here unreleased GD stuff thats why i was like why is Sean telling him to fuck off lol. 

Edited by sordomuda

On 9/2/2020 at 11:00 AM, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

It was funny because Astat and Lestat are two totally different people. 

On 9/2/2020 at 9:37 AM, lpliveusername said:

LMAO.

Edited by Hybrid1988