Grey Daze working on the sequel to Amends

Somebodyangry

27 minutes ago, avo17 said:

Lmao some people really will go to ridiculous lengths to defend or downplay Sean's dumbfuckery 😂

The most ridiculous thing to me is throwing shit to a project that is really good, but I’ll move the fuck on this because I didn’t want to go into this shit again. 
And again, my intention posting the news was to talk about MUSIC, and yeah, again, we’re here with the “Sean is a douche, album is a cashgrab” vs “the project is great” fight, and that’s really not what I meant to. You think Sean is a douche ? Fine, he probably doesn’t care and me neither and I have no interest in defending him because... surprise! I don’t care about downplaying his stupidity or stuff like that. My post was about MUSIC only. Don’t care about the project ? Super fine, ignore the post as I do with things I don’t care about here in Newswire. That’s all. Commenting “Sean is a douche lol” doesn’t add to the conversation. 

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/3/2020 at 6:25 PM, Scourge said:

still waiting for those two other pre-production tapes to release, i'd rather have those than another Amends

Who listens to those? Seriously? One listen and that's it.

Both sides needs to calm down, in the end what really matters is the music and for sure it's really high quality stuff. 

Amends is my favorite album since ATS. 

15 minutes ago, leftshoe18 said:

Sean has shown he cares way too much about what Linkin Park fans think of him.

I’m not his lawyer, I’m not in his brain.
I just talked to him sometimes and he seems very satisfied about the album reception, so I don’t think he cares much about the rest 

34 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

The most ridiculous thing to me is throwing shit to a project that is really good, but I’ll move the fuck on this because I didn’t want to go into this shit again. 
And again, my intention posting the news was to talk about MUSIC, and yeah, again, we’re here with the “Sean is a douche, album is a cashgrab” vs “the project is great” fight, and that’s really not what I meant to. You think Sean is a douche ? Fine, he probably doesn’t care and me neither and I have no interest in defending him because... surprise! I don’t care about downplaying his stupidity or stuff like that. My post was about MUSIC only. Don’t care about the project ? Super fine, ignore the post as I do with things I don’t care about here in Newswire. That’s all. Commenting “Sean is a douche lol” doesn’t add to the conversation. 

I legitimately never liked Amends. All the album did was turn already good songs into Pop music. 

3 minutes ago, berryaaron11 said:

I legitimately never liked Amends. All the album did was turn already good songs into Pop music. 

And this is your opinion about music and it’s super legit, I totally disagree but at least you are talking about music and it’s something cool to discuss about. 
I talk almost everyday on this forum with people who consider Post Traumatic amazing and even better than a couple LP albums while I think that sonic wise it’s mediocre at best, and it’s good discussing about it because it’s music and not garbage 

2 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Both sides needs to calm down, in the end what really matters is the music and for sure it's really high quality stuff. 

Amends is my favorite album since ATS. 

i'm way more interested in new live material than overproduced remixes of the songs

7 minutes ago, Scourge said:

i'm way more interested in new live material than overproduced remixes of the songs

Overproduced remixes scoring 79/100 on metacritic and being praised even  by people who dislike 90% of LP’s discography ? Yes please, gimme more and more again 

1 hour ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Overproduced remixes scoring 79/100 on metacritic and being praised even  by people who dislike 90% of LP’s discography ? Yes please, gimme more and more again 

i never said it was bad, let's not act like we listen to it for any other reason than Chester's vocals being on them

I see no reason to pretend like Sean isn't a dick. I listened to Amends for Chester, and I'll listen to any future releases for Chester. What I'm not going to do is pretend like it's ok for Sean to respond the way he has to fans online. He wasn't even being attacked. He was asked questions and chose to go completely off. It's the same type of shit Tak pulled back in the day when he cursed Mark out, and I still can't hear his music the same.

I'll say it like this: If anybody in LP ever went full on Trapt, as Sean has, and started calling people "douchebags" and saying "fuck you", it would get called out just the same. We would never excuse it, because there is no excuse that's acceptable. I would lose interest in future LP music if that's how they started acting. When Chester was calling people pussies and saying he would punch people in the mouth in 2017, during the period that it became cool to completely bash OML, even that was called out. It's just not the appropriate response. That's why he eventually composed himself and apologized for it.

5 hours ago, Justin said:

I see no reason to pretend like Sean isn't a dick. I listened to Amends for Chester, and I'll listen to any future releases for Chester. What I'm not going to do is pretend like it's ok for Sean to respond the way he has to fans online. He wasn't even being attacked. He was asked questions and chose to go completely off. It's the same type of shit Tak pulled back in the day when he cursed Mark out, and I still can't hear his music the same.

I'll say it like this: If anybody in LP ever went full on Trapt, as Sean has, and started calling people "douchebags" and saying "fuck you", it would get called out just the same. We would never excuse it, because there is no excuse that's acceptable. I would lose interest in future LP music if that's how they started acting. When Chester was calling people pussies and saying he would punch people in the mouth in 2017, during the period that it became cool to completely bash OML, even that was called out. It's just not the appropriate response. That's why he eventually composed himself and apologized for it.

Super fine, I never defended Sean saying he is right and people are attacking him for no reason at all man 😊

6 hours ago, Scourge said:

i never said it was bad, let's not act like we listen to it for any other reason than Chester's vocals being on them

I really like the album instrumentally, I think they did an amazing job, the guitar work on She Shines is amazing and the original version of Shouting Out was garbage and now is really good, Same with Morei Sky with that U2 esque guitar that is so amazing. It’s the whole thing, not just his voice to me 😊 The fact that his voice is the highlight is obvious yeah and Sean himself said they wanted the album to sound like a Chester solo record. He is the highlight but not the only great thing in the record IMO 😊

46 minutes ago, KlaytonShinoda said:

First time I hear this, what? Tak trashing Wakefield for no reason?

Me. Not Wakefield. He claimed Mike totally screwed them with SOB since Mike was doing LP at the time, blah blah blah, blamed the label BS on Mike. I replied and said that's all out of his control if he has to run a global band in the middle of their biggest album cycle yet. He exploded. lmao.

Yeah tbh I dont even enjoy much of GD tracks but this tape is gold to me.

21 hours ago, JZLP-AmendsUltimateFan said:

Do you think theres a chance Chester recorded some unreleased tracks there? Would be nice to listen "new" songs on these reworks.

1 minute ago, MetalNacional said:

Yeah tbh I dont even enjoy much of GD tracks but this tape is gold to me.

Do you think theres a chance Chester recorded some unreleased tracks there? Would be nice to listen "new" songs on these reworks.

Sean said Chester played and sang stuff to him on the phone in 2017 but nothing was recorded sadly 

17 minutes ago, MetalNacional said:

Yes, there are a few unreleased tracks in the pre-production tapes, not to mention potentially reworked and demo versions of the other songs:

https://lplive.net/shows/greydaze/19960218

https://lplive.net/shows/greydaze/19961203

9 hours ago, hahninator said:

Me. Not Wakefield. He claimed Mike totally screwed them with SOB since Mike was doing LP at the time, blah blah blah, blamed the label BS on Mike. I replied and said that's all out of his control if he has to run a global band in the middle of their biggest album cycle yet. He exploded. lmao.

Well, that's unexpected from him. I know Ryu and Tak have been very vocal about Warner fucking with them big time (funny cause Ryu posted a while ago on his social media accounts that he didn't recieved a milestone plaque for RTN and he 'jokingly' answered a question someone else did about him asking for Mike to send him one of those).

I don't know but the whole Welcome remix confussion/music video was already very weird to me.