Grey Daze working on the sequel to Amends

Somebodyangry

Apparently, Grey Daze is working on the follow up to their record “Amends”, out on Loma Vista on June 26th, 2020, which debuted #1 in the UK Rock chart. 
Guitarist Cristin Davis teased on his social media that the band is working on new material, arguably the rework/remix/rearrangement of the remaining songs from “Wake me” and “No sun today”. 
We’ll see what happens, stay tuned. 

UPDATE: 

In an IG story today, the band wrote they have enough material for album n. 2 so “stay tuned” 

UPDATE 2:

Cristin Davis posted a picture on his Facebook account saying “Epic 5 days of writing with one of the most talented and hard working people I know” specifically referring to Esjay Jones and using the hashtag “new music”. 
UPDATE 3:

Sean Dowdell confirmed to me (lol) on Direct that they are working on new material with Esjay Jones and the band (source: me 😂

Edited by PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Astat said:

Please just have a consistent production team for the entire album this time. Preferably Esjay and Lucas.

Already confirmed they are working with Esjay.  TBH I personally don’t get the production issues you and others exposed about the album. It’s not me being defensive on the album but really even on songs like Morei Sky or Shouting out I think the production is really cool and fitting, but it’s just my point of view. As you may already  know, I consider the new “In time” close to perfect, very high in my all time fav songs list 😊

26 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

They really are going to milk this arent they? Have they considered maybe moving on and doing something by themselves? or do they need to use the name and voice of Chester to stay relevant?

Or maybe they just like giving fans of Chester and Grey Daze the same opurtunity to hear the rest of the songs, the same way as they did with amends?

27 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

They really are going to milk this arent they? Have they considered maybe moving on and doing something by themselves? or do they need to use the name and voice of Chester to stay relevant?

They are literally just revisiting the other songs, I don’t see why this is a problem. Can’t wait to hear Hole and Drag and Starting to fly etc seen what they did with Amends. 

I don't think it's a good idea to release the sequel sooner than 2022. Amends is still hot and fresh.

They did a great job on the first one, I hope they do even better on the second and learn from their experiences, especially on the promotion.

3 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

I don't think it's a good idea to release the sequel sooner than 2022. Amends is still hot and fresh.

They did a great job on the first one, I hope they do even better on the second and learn from their experiences, especially on the promotion.

Don’t think they’ll release it soon, they seem to be in the very early stages. 

Just now, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Don’t think they’ll release it soon, they seem to be in the very early stages. 

I know. I said that based on the fact that they probably already have a few songs ready, and that they're more experienced this time. I just hope they don't rush anything and make an awesome product like the first album.

2 minutes ago, NimaLP said:

I know. I said that based on the fact that they probably already have a few songs ready, and that they're more experienced this time. I just hope they don't rush anything and make an awesome product like the first album.

Me too, I think they’ll craft it the best they can. 😊

25 minutes ago, Diaux said:

When this get release can we skip the war on the shoutbox i think we got enough with Amends part 1 tbh

I agree. Hopefully Sean stops calling fans names like "douchebag" and "dumbfuck". That doesn't help things.

10 hours ago, Cesar656 said:

The tracks are cool as fuck just don't listen to them don't buy any album and your little heart will be okay.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I agree. Hopefully Sean stops calling fans names like "douchebag" and "dumbfuck". That doesn't help things.

I mean, he just spent about six comments going off about me in a Facebook group I'm not even in today, so...

Maybe both parts should stop bitching. Calling the album “cashgrab shit” on Twitter is not very kind and nice, and on the other side calling people who follow LP since the beginning “douches” is bad. 
Just listen to the music and enjoy it, or skip it if you don’t care 😊

34 minutes ago, PurpleFlinstoneVitamins92 said:

Maybe both parts should stop bitching. Calling the album “cashgrab shit” on Twitter is not very kind and nice, and on the other side calling people who follow LP since the beginning “douches” is bad. 

I don't think anyone was calling the FANS of the album douchebags... not to say there wasn't heat in the shoutbox for awhile but a lot of it WAS (and I think, rightfully so) directed towards Sean/the rest of Grey Daze. That being said, hopefully that's all gone the second time around. Wouldn't want to have to go hard moderating the shoutbox because of petty opinion arguments again.

Still haven't listened to Amends - don't know if I will - but I certainly hope this record goes a lot smoother... and they don't come at us with like 10 different versions again lol. Nowadays it's really important how an artist presents themselves and conducts themselves online and these guys really fucked that up. No matter what someone's opinion of your record or song is, outright calling them a piece of shit on a public forum/social media simply is not a good look.

At the end of the day, I just hope they stop sending me Grey Daze ambassador emails lol. I never asked to be one, but here I am, with my LPLive email filled to the brim with teaser announcements, teasers, announcements of said teaser announcements, etc.

Just do better, guys.

19 minutes ago, RogueSoul said:

I don't think anyone was calling the FANS of the album douchebags... not to say there wasn't heat in the shoutbox for awhile but a lot of it WAS (and I think, rightfully so) directed towards Sean/the rest of Grey Daze. That being said, hopefully that's all gone the second time around. Wouldn't want to have to go hard moderating the shoutbox because of petty opinion arguments again.

Still haven't listened to Amends - don't know if I will - but I certainly hope this record goes a lot smoother... and they don't come at us with like 10 different versions again lol. Nowadays it's really important how an artist presents themselves and conducts themselves online and these guys really fucked that up. No matter what someone's opinion of your record or song is, outright calling them a piece of shit on a public forum/social media simply is not a good look.

At the end of the day, I just hope they stop sending me Grey Daze ambassador emails lol. I never asked to be one, but here I am, with my LPLive email filled to the brim with teaser announcements, teasers, announcements of said teaser announcements, etc.

Just do better, guys.

The “douches” thing was referred to Sean, I was analyzing both parts and stigmatizing both the bad behaviors. 
Don’t want to enter in that territory again, seen how much I loved “Amends” I’m just as excited as I was 2 months ago at the idea of a new record, but yeah, I myself won’t get in the mood of being harsh towards negative opinions on the new record and, more important, won’t act like “THIS IS BETTER THAN THAT”. As of my own view on the possible 2nd album, I’m hyped as fuck, can’t wait and personally fucking loved the deluxe edition with the book at the point that I purchased both the cd standard and the deluxe,  so can’t really complain about editions lol

13 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Or maybe they just like giving fans of Chester and Grey Daze the same opurtunity to hear the rest of the songs, the same way as they did with amends?

Feels to me like they are using Chester to stay relevant and make some cash. Nobody i know even knows of GD, and are starting to get to know them because of Chester...

26 minutes ago, Cesar656 said:

Feels to me like they are using Chester to stay relevant and make some cash. Nobody i know even knows of GD, and are starting to get to know them because of Chester...

They are highlighting music by Chester many fans didn’t know and others didn’t enjoy that much in its original form due to the poor quality of the instrumentals and mixing. That’s literally it, but to each their own point of view, not gonna argue on this for the 1000th time since april.