Mike Releases "Open Door" Demo

LPLStaff

Mike went live on Instagram Live today to discuss how he is quarantining due to the coronavirus as well as to show fans his writing and recording for the song we've seen him recently work on.

The demo track, tentatively titled "Open Door", was sent to fans via Community after Mike finishing mixing it. He wanted everyone to know it's just the demo form of the song that he is sending and wanted fans to share it with those who don't have Community.

During the IG Live, he asked fans what they wanted to hear on the bridge of the song and then recorded and editing a guitar part for it.

Additionally, Mike said he is thankful for the mayor of Los Angeles for taking the coronavirus seriously and enacting quarantine measures. Mike mentioned he's taking it seriously himself as well because both he and his kids have asthmatic symptoms.

While he is quarantined at home, he is working on music (amongst other things) and said that this was the third day he has worked on this song.

Watch the Instagram Live video below courtesy of our friends at LinkinParkBr:

And here is "Open Door"!

Lyrics to start with. Need corrections done:

Yeah
They tell you that you should quit trying
You were too small and you were too young
They tell you the chance is too slim
The world is too big, and you say "How come?"
I'm ready to light a new fire
Raise a new flag to cross a new sea
And if I'm ever the one in your way
Then put your head down and run right through me

Why keep settling for so much less
Don't take what's given just demand what's next

We're looking for an open door
Someway we didn't see before
Someway to get out of here
A plot twist that we didn't see coming
And when we get out of here
We'll, no, no, no never stop running

There's something like a shadow in the valley colossal
Open up your eyes young one and be watchful
Behind closed door trying to write a new gospel
They are not God, they're not even apostles
I come with the drum drum banging you breathless
Enemies freeze, left bed and defenseless
Straight for the chest of anybody against us
The more that they resist it
The more that they tempt us

Why keep settling for so much less

We'll take off and never stop running

No, no, we'll never stop running
When we get that open door

So why keep settling for so much less

We'll take off and never stop running

Pretty awesome. Hope he puts out a new MS album and this song is on it in a more complete form or maybe as a bonus track. Then he can tour! (Once the US and elsewhere is over the cold thing).

2 hours ago, JZLP said:

Not better than Sickness/WITE

Very forgettable.

So you’re comparing this to songs from the 90’s? I mean I could also argue ‘’not better than Crawling off of HT’’ then for example. Cuz those aren’t new songs, hate to tell ya. They are songs released even before HT was in the 90’s. They just remixed and remastered them but all the vocals are from over 20 years ago.

9 hours ago, JamesMaloy said:

Pretty awesome. Hope he puts out a new MS album and this song is on it in a more complete form or maybe as a bonus track. Then he can tour! (Once the US and elsewhere is over the cold thing).

So you’re comparing this to songs from the 90’s? I mean I could also argue ‘’not better than Crawling off of HT’’ then for example. Cuz those aren’t new songs, hate to tell ya. They are songs released even before HT was in the 90’s. They just remixed and remastered them but all the vocals are from over 20 years ago.

Doesn't mean anything, many songs from the 90's are better than todays songs and vice versa.

Agree its a weird comparison out of the blue though.

Also, has the actual demo been released yet or is it just the IG live story.

He just said he is considering adding a second vocalist on it, and wants the fans to send in vocals and if he is interested he will message you. Also can anyone post the download link save me having to listen to it through the IG video.

1 hour ago, Subs said:

He just said he is considering adding a second vocalist on it, and wants the fans to send in vocals and if he is interested he will message you. Also can anyone post the download link save me having to listen to it through the IG video.

Where did he say that? 

DL link is in YouTube video description of the song. Or scroll back in Shoutbox and it’s in there. 

14 minutes ago, hybrider said:

It sucks like all new Mike Shinoda Post Traumatic "songs", better said demos. He should release Underground 20 with demos we want to hear and not these sloppy "songs" created in a few minutes.

chill dude. why you so mad?  😆

just because the demo not up to your standard, doesnt mean it sucks. majority loves it. he can do whatever he want, release what he want, create what he want and more.

30 minutes ago, hybrider said:

It sucks like all new Mike Shinoda Post Traumatic "songs", better said demos. He should release Underground 20 with demos we want to hear and not these sloppy "songs" created in a few minutes.

Stop being salty because Mike releases music on its own and not with LP. Not his best demo but there is some material on PT that if put under LP label people would title them as anthems

32 minutes ago, hybrider said:

1. Quite a bit of PT material is better than OML or THP LP.
2. Makes no sense at all for LP's brand/image/appearance to release an LPU CD right now, as has been explained 100 times in this forum in the past year.

6 hours ago, hybrider said:

idiot!

6 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

1. Quite a bit of PT material is better than OML or THP LP.
2. Makes no sense at all for LP's brand/image/appearance to release an LPU CD right now, as has been explained 100 times in this forum in the past year.

I actually hate THP and OML and their respective eras and agree that PT is way better. I know it’s not what was said by you but I do think PT is leagues above. And so wasn’t the era and tour of PT. 

Also agree that there is no reason for a LPU CD right now. Maybe a boxset with a live show and some demos of anything. But agreed.

How about incorporating layered vocals of chant like, "Yeah, Yeah, yeah!" on top of A plot twist that we didn't see coming" and "We'll, no, no, no never stop running".

Edited by RYG4R

14 hours ago, hybrider said:

110% guarantee that if you took a bunch of Post Traumatic songs and changed nothing about them other than having Chester sing on them, this guy would have thought they were the greatest thing ever.

Also 110% guarantee that "demos we want to hear" applies to like, 3 or 4 specific songs/versions of songs, and that if literally any other demos were released from the archives, this guy would bitch about them not being the right ones.