Xero News

lpliveusername

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Xerocholdfan said:

Ok R.I.P my LP school project xD

Someone MAY go rogue and just release it online, but it's doubtful, IMO. As you know, it was found out to be on a 1998 music sampler CD and a couple people snatched it up before the fanbase really knew about it fully. LPL is saying they have to ask Mike for permission to release it (which he obviously is gonna say no and he would have as well if he was asked about anything leaked over the years, it's not just because Chester died). The  reason he was cool about past stuff is because it was already out there and he probably didn't want to seem like a dick to fans.

On 12/29/2019 at 7:54 AM, leftshoe18 said:

I think they're holding back on releasing this because of what happened with those leaked demos.

Yeah they said that the band was upset about WAWY. Adam had a big temper tantrum about it and someone stupidly asked him about already released stuff like the HT demo promo discs and stuff and he said he doesn’t want those out there either. Even though they have been out since 2006 and after. Mike legit probably wouldn’t care about some old ass Xero demo from a compilation CD over 20 years ago, but the people who have it now have a good ass excuse to keep it for themselves and not share it.

Edited by Garret

On 12/29/2019 at 11:24 AM, Garret said:

Adam had a big temper tantrum about it and someone stupidly asked him about already released stuff like the HT demo promo discs and stuff and he said he doesn’t want those out there either.

I will take the blame for that if it did end up affecting anything substantially, but to be completely honest, I highly doubt it did. Sure, now there's definitive proof of Adam saying he doesn't want it out there, but I'm pretty sure those older demos didn't slip his mind before it was brought up. At the very least, something would have been leaked again and someone would have put a stop to it after the fact (like with the DBS demos) instead of the hesitation to not release it at all, and we'd be in the exact same situation with whatever may have leaked next. There would be absolutely no way this wouldn't have eventually made it to Adam with how much the Linkin Park community likes demos and how interesting this demo is in general.

I'm also going to justify asking about the already released stuff because I help moderate the official forum and I personally wanted to know what is and isn't allowed to be shared on there, and from personal experience, Lorenzo and Ana are not the quickest to respond. Who knows though, you might have been talking about someone else who asked him the same question and I'm defending myself for no reason

2 hours ago, LPsMart said:

AFAIR It goes Through was originally titled Luna and I recall having seen this title on the board in either the ATS or LT era

Yeah it was called Luna. And it’s from the 2013 sessions in between LT and THP, basically before THP went into a rock direction.

Man, those demos from that era must be really good. It Goes Through/Luna is a good song. LP was going to have a solid collection of music from that genre if they didn't make THP. And it sounds like a much more natural continuation of the sound after Living Things (which definitely had some experimental sounding stuff) instead of the hard turn to THP.

Maybe they revisit that sound in the future... it suits Mike's singing capabilities for sure. We're lucky they can make music in so many genres which helps them continue in the future.

It Goes Through and something like Promises I Can't Keep go together pretty well.

40 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

Man, those demos from that era must be really good. It Goes Through/Luna is a good song. LP was going to have a solid collection of music from that genre if they didn't make THP. And it sounds like a much more natural continuation of the sound after Living Things (which definitely had some experimental sounding stuff) instead of the hard turn to THP.

Maybe they revisit that sound in the future... it suits Mike's singing capabilities for sure. We're lucky they can make music in so many genres which helps them continue in the future.

It Goes Through and something like Promises I Can't Keep go together pretty well.

That's true that sound was solid, they could have released an EP of that era.

Are there more songs from that era released or leaked? (except the ones featured in the movie and the soundtrack)

Maybe "Change" are "Truth Inside A Lie" from LPU13 Sessions and "Can't Hurt Me" from LPU16 are from that era. Any other ideas?

Edited by SerioDrew

14 minutes ago, SerioDrew said:

That's true that sound was solid, they could have released an EP of that era.

Are there more songs from that era released or leaked? (except the ones featured in the movie and the soundtrack)

Maybe "Change" are "Truth Inside A Lie" from LPU13 Sessions and "Can't Hurt Me" from LPU16 are from that era. Any other ideas?

Yeah the only other one from that era was Worlds On Fire but that appeared on Mikes album. There are some incomplete songs from that Hybrid Party thing but as far as full songs I think those are it. 

5 minutes ago, lpfan12 said:

Reading comment's seeing some desperate people hungry for the demo. Won't y'all let the admins do what is right or do what they gotta to do.

The fuck you talkin’ about? Been mad long now and no release. We aren’t getting it. Nobody is even talking about it anymore anyways. Haven’t got like 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, lpfan12 said:

Reading comment's seeing some desperate people hungry for the demo. Won't y'all let the admins do what is right or do what they gotta to do.

There are no recent comments asking for it either here or in Xero Hunting topic.

It is going to be released when its going to be released and people have realized that already.

There is a different between discussing the song and pressuring the admins to release it.

We all know that admins are doing their best to release it :)

Edited by SerioDrew

9 minutes ago, LPsMart said:

what I find interesting is that the whole outro (except the vocals obviously) is exactly the same as the Hybrid Theory demo of Forgotten

The whole track is identical except for the vocals and one of the scratch samples.