Xero News

lpliveusername

33 minutes ago, hybrider said:

That would be really nice present. The best present I could ever get. I hope that one day we will hear all Xero Demos in studio quality with both singers. Versions with Mark and versions with Chester. I also believe there are Esaul and Slip studio versions with Mark and maybe more demos. I like every demo from 1996 to 2000. They have great atmosphere, amazing guitars, sounds, epic drums, I really like them all.

I hope we hear em soon as possible :(

Edited by Xerocholdfan

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hybrider said:

That would be really nice present. The best present I could ever get. I hope that one day we will hear all Xero Demos in studio quality with both singers. Versions with Mark and versions with Chester. I also believe there are Esaul and Slip studio versions with Mark and maybe more demos. I like every demo from 1996 to 2000. They have great atmosphere, amazing guitars, sounds, epic drums, I really like them all.

The Xero tape was recorded directly to tape, the source of that info is Mike's info he sent to Derek of LPA about the Xero tape. No studio masters exist for those versions of those songs. Did they re record those four songs after the tape? Who knows but it seems unlikely unless they were going to keep working on them. Rhinestone we know was re recorded but Reading My Eyes, Fuse, and Stick N Move? I really doubt that, as Stick N Move became Runaway with a completely new demo/song.

5 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

The Xero tape was recorded directly to tape, the source of that info is Mike's info he sent to Derek of LPA about the Xero tape. No studio masters exist for those versions of those songs. Did they re record those four songs after the tape? Who knows but it seems unlikely unless they were going to keep working on them. Rhinestone we know was re recorded but Reading My Eyes, Fuse, and Stick N Move? I really doubt that, as Stick N Move became Runaway with a completely new demo/song.

I don't mean studio masters. I mean re-recorded versions. In my opinion, if they have Rhinestone re-recorded, then they should have also other demos re-recorded.

On 12/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, lpliveusername said:

Probably hundreds. It's a music sampler, so it's supposed to be out there.

Yes of course but I meant like known copies, cause one guy already has his and now this person said that he knows someone that is waiting for his. So that makes it 2 lol.

Of course all these kind of promo cds exist in a few hundreds maybe. For record labels, record stores, radio stations, etc.  But I meant like literally copies that we know people have.

22 hours ago, Hahninator said:

I actually think that Stick N Move is the most luckily to have been studio recorded. As you said it became Runaway and we also have the Stick And Move instrumental demo, which means the band worked on it for years, so I believe there must be a version of it studio recorded, maybe not the same as the Xero Tape, maybe with a couple big changes but still, I think such version probably exists. And tbh I really hope it does, Stick N Move is my favorite Pre-Linkin Park track.

1 minute ago, hybrider said:

Mine is too. Imagine Fuse studio version with Chester.

Yeah, that would be epic as hell. It’s a good song honestly. Has old school LP flavor all over it. From the Joe esque intro to Mike’s awesome old school styling rapping. Some cool guitar work. And if Chester sang the chorus and did the bridge part it would have been sick. Has a scream part that Mark couldn’t quite do so if Chester did it, it would be awesome.

I wonder what songs were on Chester's audition tape, if Fuse was one of them.

I think he said Esaul was on it so it must not be the Xero tape. Maybe Rhinestone too, then.

Edit: While moving files around I stumbled on a January 6, 2006 file I had on an old hard drive that says:

"Xero - 10-08-97: Lynus Brook club, L.A. Setlist:
01-Rhinestone
02-The Team
03-Reading My Eyes
04-Untitled
05-Explode
06-Rhinestone (part two)
07-Now I See
08-Fuse"

That's 100% fake, lol. Maybe in 2006 it was believable but with what we know about the songs now, that is as fake as can be. So I wonder what they really sold on eBay then. Maybe it got taken down for being fake or something.

10 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

I think he said Esaul was on it so it must not be the Xero tape. Maybe Rhinestone too, then.

Edit: While moving files around I stumbled on a January 6, 2006 file I had on an old hard drive that says:

01-Rhinestone
02-The Team
03-Reading My Eyes
04-Untitled
05-Explode
06-Rhinestone (part two)
07-Now I See
08-Fuse"

That's 100% fake, lol. Maybe in 2006 it was believable but with what we know about the songs now, that is as fake as can be. So I wonder what they really sold on eBay then. Maybe it got taken down for being fake or something.

Yeah there used to be YouTube videos of some of these claiming to be from the show (they were a bad cover band). One was Lying From You hahahaha. I think The Team was LFY.

10 hours ago, Hahninator said:

01-Rhinestone
02-The Team
03-Reading My Eyes
04-Untitled
05-Explode
06-Rhinestone (part two)
07-Now I See
08-Fuse"

I remember from some interviews it was Esaul for sure that they have sent for the audition. Havent Heard of other titles i think but for sure it was not only one song.

i would love to hear the audition tape Chester has recorded, like the very raw version. 

On 12/17/2019 at 3:03 PM, lpliveusername said:
On 12/17/2019 at 9:05 AM, SerioDrew said:

Wait so there are 2 existing copies? Ik for a fact that one guy has already gotten a copy, so if you know someone waiting for one then there must be 2 copies, right?

Probably hundreds. It's a music sampler, so it's supposed to be out there.

yep, considering that the sampler was send to all studios who maked a dub for ´´the crow 1999´´ in various lenguages it has to be somewhere

aslo i found the spanish dub of that episode, i think rhinestone can be heard more in this version 

link: 

1 hour ago, sordomuda said:

I remember from some interviews it was Esaul for sure that they have sent for the audition. Havent Heard of other titles i think but for sure it was not only one song.

i would love to hear the audition tape Chester has recorded, like the very raw version. 

There was a Kerrang! article from 2001 where they mentioned early versions of A Place For My Head and Forgotten being in the audition tape. LPAssociation had in their gallery scans of a special edition of Kerrang! with various articles they wrote about Linkin Park over 10 years (or was it 15?). This article was included. Not sure if it's still there.

19 hours ago, Hahninator said:

01-Rhinestone
02-The Team
03-Reading My Eyes
04-Untitled
05-Explode
06-Rhinestone (part two)
07-Now I See
08-Fuse"

That's 100% fake, lol. Maybe in 2006 it was believable but with what we know about the songs now, that is as fake as can be. So I wonder what they really sold on eBay thenMaybe it got taken down for being fake or something.

Yeah im curious af what they sold indeed xD.

As you said this is 100% fake, however there MIGHT be some truth in it, you never know. Like maybe the live happened indeed and just the tracklist is bs. Or maybe titles of the songs are messed up. Not that I know anything more that you do, just saying there is a chance that its not total bs.

8 hours ago, ZeroWT said:

yep, considering that the sampler was send to all studios who maked a dub for ´´the crow 1999´´ in various lenguages it has to be somewhere

aslo i found the spanish dub of that episode, i think rhinestone can be heard more in this version 

link: 

sounds better indeed

9 hours ago, ZeroWT said:

link: 

OMG, it sounds amazing. I can clearly hear Mark Wakefield's voice. Thats incredible. When I hear this, I believe more and more that they also have other Xero demos re-recorded in studio with Mark Wakefield. 😍

13 hours ago, sordomuda said:

What was the story behind them on the soundtrack to these series? It was always weird to me an underground band that didnt have a deal yet was in a soundtrack to some random unrelevant series 😂

Wikipedia said:

As with each of the movie adaptations and the original comic book, underground music played a key role in the show.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow:_Stairway_to_Heaven#Music

On 12/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, hybrider said:

OMG, it sounds amazing. I can clearly hear Mark Wakefield's voice. Thats incredible. When I hear this, I believe more and more that they also have other Xero demos re-recorded in studio with Mark Wakefield. 😍

I don’t see why anyone would think otherwise. There is SO MANY demos compared to what we know about or have received over the years. Thousands for each album (this includes demos, b-sides, alternate takes of a song (some have 50+). It wouldn’t surprise me if they recorded better versions of the Xero tape songs and others. Maybe they even did the other Xero tape songs with Chester, we don’t know. I bet there are one for the other 4 songs though. What ever happened to that tape Mike posted on 7.20 in 2018, the Xero tape??? I bet there are like 4 versions or more of each song off of the Xero tape.

the guys for sure have a lot of xero related stuff in their "basements". honestly i wouldn't be surprised if one of them had one of their shows as xero recorded somewhere, and who knows what else could they hold onto - re-recorded stuff? other xero tracks? tracks that were in between xero and hybrid theory times? damn, maybe even brad/rob hold onto some really old relative degree stuff, as far as we know someone could've even recorded that show and just over time forgot about it. only time will show if we'll ever see this stuff

but coming back to that rhinestone version, that really would be a fun christmas present if you released it then, or a nice way to start new decade if you release it on 31st/1st. no pressure, tho — i can just imagine how long can waiting for a reply take.