Grey Daze Album Coming In April 2020

lpliveusername

As we have reported back in June, Grey Daze has wrapped up the recording for their long-awaited album project. Composed of reinterpretations of the band's studio albums "Wake Me" and "...No Sun Today", the project was started back in 2016 prior to Chester's passing and has evolved since then to include guest appearences from members of Julien-K, P.O.D., Bush, Korn, Breaking Benjamin and many more.

Chris Traynor (Bush) tweeted back in August: Listening to some mixes of the @therealgreydaze record with @ChesterBe and it just gives me chills. Can’t wait for the world to hear it!!!

While they haven't announced a name for the project yet, it appears the band have already set a release date for the album as well as the first single. Rene Mata reports the first song will be out in January 2020 while the album is due in April.

While we wait, make sure to check the previews of "In Time" and "Hole" from last year.

Grey Daze has a new homepage up on greydazemusic.com. Subscribe to their mailing list to stay informed.

Why does it take them so long to release a remastered album. Even though I am super excited to hear it I feel somehow weird they are releasing the album after Chester is not with us anymore. I know Chester was excited about it on the other hand and would like us to hear it i guess. 

Was it confirmed that they were working on this when Chester was alive? I was always under the impression that Chester was doing that reunion show with them in September 2017 but I didn't know they were working on a new release. I thought they wanted to do it after he passed as kind of a tribute to him, but I could be wrong, either way it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Now are the guests on this album just covering the songs from Grey Daze or are they adding new stuff to the songs, kind of like guests did on Reanimation? This is an album featuring songs from both Wake Me and No Sun Today, right? Are just No Sun Today?

4 minutes ago, Scourge said:

thought it was supposed to be out this fall lol. still excited though!!!

It was ''coming soon'' all throughout 2018 and then all of this year, too, which is why the project annoyed me originally, up until now. I hope they release it when they say they are. I might like it. Grey Daze was never my favorite thing but they had some good songs. I think it has the potential to be a cool release.

Edited by Garret

12 minutes ago, Garret said:

It was ''coming soon'' all throughout 2018 and then all of this year, too, which is why the project annoyed me originally, up until now. I hope they release it when they say they are. I might like it. Grey Daze was never my favorite thing but they had some good songs. I think it has the potential to be a cool release.

I'm just glad i don't have to keep checking my e-mail every day lmfao. I hope they have more of their lesser known songs on it like Believe Me, She Shines, Soul Song, Holding You, etc. though. Their discography is really something to behold

1 minute ago, Scourge said:

I'm just glad i don't have to keep checking my e-mail every day lmfao. I hope they have more of their lesser known songs on it like Believe Me, She Shines, Soul Song, Holding You, etc. though. Their discography is really something to behold

Yeah, more of those types of songs would be great.

11 hours ago, Garret said:

Was it confirmed that they were working on this when Chester was alive? I was always under the impression that Chester was doing that reunion show with them in September 2017 but I didn't know they were working on a new release. I thought they wanted to do it after he passed as kind of a tribute to him, but I could be wrong, either way it doesn't really matter, I'm just curious.

Now are the guests on this album just covering the songs from Grey Daze or are they adding new stuff to the songs, kind of like guests did on Reanimation? This is an album featuring songs from both Wake Me and No Sun Today, right? Are just No Sun Today?

IIRC it was something Chester had discussed doing with them when they were planning the reunion show, but they didn't start work on it until after he passed. A lot of stuff was supposed to happen during the gap between the September and October dates of the U.S. tour. Grey Daze was going to rehearse without Chester while he was on tour and then he'd join them for the last couple weeks before the show, there were supposed to be some surprise Dead By Sunrise shows towards the end of the year too.

As far as I can tell they basically started over with all the songs and just kept Chester's original vocals. Even those had a lot of work done them, they did pitch manipulation to change melodies and stuff in some spots. It's a very similar project to how a lot of the stuff on Reanimation was handled.

34 minutes ago, Astat said:

IIRC it was something Chester had discussed doing with them when they were planning the reunion show, but they didn't start work on it until after he passed. A lot of stuff was supposed to happen during the gap between the September and October dates of the U.S. tour. Grey Daze was going to rehearse without Chester while he was on tour and then he'd join them for the last couple weeks before the show, there were supposed to be some surprise Dead By Sunrise shows towards the end of the year too.

As far as I can tell they basically started over with all the songs and just kept Chester's original vocals. Even those had a lot of work done them, they did pitch manipulation to change melodies and stuff in some spots. It's a very similar project to how a lot of the stuff on Reanimation was handled.

Good to know. So it doesnt have any brand new Chester vocals, just the old ones were remastered. It will be somehow hard to listen to for me. 

Edited by sordomuda

24 minutes ago, Scourge said:

hope more Grey Daze stuff surfaces in the future as well. they've got some pretty cool stuff that hasn't surfaced yet

Like what? I know there are some unreleased songs that they have played live that we never got a studio version of (Brian’s Wisdom, Forever and some others from earlier). Those would be cool, they are good songs, especially the two I mentioned by name. I think Sean said that they never recorded Forever in the studio though.

1 hour ago, Garret said:

Like what? I know there are some unreleased songs that they have played live that we never got a studio version of (Brian’s Wisdom, Forever and some others from earlier). Those would be cool, they are good songs, especially the two I mentioned by name. I think Sean said that they never recorded Forever in the studio though.

two whole preproduction tapes like the Wake Me one that surfaced. some awesome setlists too 

https://lplive.net/shows/greydaze/19961203

https://lplive.net/shows/greydaze/19960218