Grey Daze Album Coming In April 2020

lpliveusername

On 11/21/2019 at 9:48 AM, Astat said:

IIRC it was something Chester had discussed doing with them when they were planning the reunion show, but they didn't start work on it until after he passed. A lot of stuff was supposed to happen during the gap between the September and October dates of the U.S. tour. Grey Daze was going to rehearse without Chester while he was on tour and then he'd join them for the last couple weeks before the show, there were supposed to be some surprise Dead By Sunrise shows towards the end of the year too.

As far as I can tell they basically started over with all the songs and just kept Chester's original vocals. Even those had a lot of work done them, they did pitch manipulation to change melodies and stuff in some spots. It's a very similar project to how a lot of the stuff on Reanimation was handled.

Yeah that's it. They claim in the promo for this that Chester was going to re record all of his vocals but I have no idea how truthful that really is. The DBS stuff is what could have really been cool, because Chester had all those tweets about writing new songs in 2015-2017... maybe he would have done some new DBS. Especially with Mike releasing new Fort Minor in fall 2017 (Lift Off, etc). 

Nice to see you around GraDoN, long time no see!

3 hours ago, Hahninator said:

Yeah that's it. They claim in the promo for this that Chester was going to re record all of his vocals but I have no idea how truthful that really is. The DBS stuff is what could have really been cool, because Chester had all those tweets about writing new songs in 2015-2017... maybe he would have done some new DBS. Especially with Mike releasing new Fort Minor in fall 2017 (Lift Off, etc). 

Nice to see you around GraDoN, long time no see!

Yeah well anyone who knew Chester can say he said anything, I mean, the man is dead, that happens a lot with celebrities and musicians, etc.

No doubt that Chester wanted to do something with GD again since he was involved with the reunion show, etc. and talked about it, etc. I just never remember him saying he was going to re-record vocals of their old stuff or make a new album with them, etc. But he could have. I thought somewhere it was said that they wanted to re-release some GD after he passed kind of like as a tribute. A lot of stuff has been deleted from 2017 to now from GD’s social, Sean and Mace’s social, etc. Honestly who really cares because it doesn’t matter either way. It’s just interesting.

And yeah I agree that the DBS pop up style shows would have been really great. Chester never said he wanted to make new DBS music again specifically at the time but he did post on Twitter about writing 5 new songs that were ready to go. Someone asked him if it was for DBS and he said maybe, or maybe he would put them out just on his own. So you never know if they could have became DBS songs, maybe after he did those pop up shows he would have wanted to make them DBS songs.

18 minutes ago, Garret said:

Yeah well anyone who knew Chester can say he said anything, I mean, the man is dead, that happens a lot with celebrities and musicians, etc.

No doubt that Chester wanted to do something with GD again since he was involved with the reunion show, etc. and talked about it, etc. I just never remember him saying he was going to re-record vocals of their old stuff or make a new album with them, etc. But he could have. I thought somewhere it was said that they wanted to re-release some GD after he passed kind of like as a tribute. A lot of stuff has been deleted from 2017 to now from GD’s social, Sean and Mace’s social, etc. Honestly who really cares because it doesn’t matter either way. It’s just interesting.

And yeah I agree that the DBS pop up style shows would have been really great. Chester never said he wanted to make new DBS music again specifically at the time but he did post on Twitter about writing 5 new songs that were ready to go. Someone asked him if it was for DBS and he said maybe, or maybe he would put them out just on his own. So you never know if they could have became DBS songs, maybe after he did those pop up shows he would have wanted to make them DBS songs.

I think releasing a new GD record as a tribute to Chester is the best way to do it. And maybe some part of the money should go to the foundation or so. 

16 minutes ago, sordomuda said:

I think releasing a new GD record as a tribute to Chester is the best way to do it. And maybe some part of the money should go to the foundation or so. 

What I meant was that I think that they had said that originally but don’t know for sure. 

As far as I remember, Chester never said anything publicly about re-recording vocals for the release, but the band did start working on it before he passed. I remember a few posts on social media about it. They were already rehearsing for the shows as well with the new guitar player they got for the reunion, but without Chester since he was busy touring with Linkin Park. If you go to Sylvia Massy's Facebook, she recorded a video about Chester, saying he died before the album was completed. When they decided to finish the project as a tribute to Chester, I remember someone mentioned Chester wrote a few things for the album, but personally, I don't think he did much.

30 minutes ago, Paree said:

Pardon me if i have missed anything but does the album contain re-recorded vocals from Chester or is it other singers doing Chester's part?

The songs are gonna have his original vocals but with other vocalists as guests from what I've heard

Haven't seen anything about that on here and I don't know exactly where I read this but I thought that one (the oldest?) of Chesters sons would be featured on vocals, too.

Just checked it and you can read about that here:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/chester-bennington-grey-daze-son-2447002

Edited by Trumtram

31 minutes ago, Trumtram said:

Haven't seen anything about that on here and I don't know exactly where I read this but I thought that one (the oldest?) of Chesters sons would be featured on vocals, too.

Just checked it and you can read about that here:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/chester-bennington-grey-daze-son-2447002

In the news we linked in the first post there's a full list of guests compiled from the band's Twitter/Instagram/Facebook posts.