Mike Announces Post Traumatic Tour Continues to Asia

LPLStaff

Following his teaser with a map focusing in on Southeast Asia, Mike has confirmed three new tour dates in the region! These join his already-announced show in Nagoya, Japan at Wired Music Festival in September.

In a big twist, after confirming that the Post Traumatic Tour and era were over, he has announced that the tour will continue.

2019.08.31 - Taipei, Taiwan - New Taipei Metropolitan Park

2019.09.04 - Jakarta, Indonesia - Jakarta International Expo Kemayoran
2019.09.06 - Manila, Philippines - New Frontier Theater

2019.09.08 - Nagoya, Japan - Aichi Sky Expo - Wired Music Festival

Mike last visited Manila and Taipei in 2013 when Linkin Park played the Mall of Asia Arena and Taipai Arena, respectively, on the Living Things Tour. And the last show in Jakarta was on the A Thousand Suns Tour way back in 2011. Besides performing in these cities other times with Linkin Park, Mike also performed in Taipei in 2006 when Fort Minor opened for 50 Cent.

With possible gaps between shows, it wouldn't surprise us if he added another show or two to this list. These shows come after he kicked off the Post Traumatic Tour worldwide with an Asia tour featuring Hong Kong, Thailand, South Korea, China, Japan, and Singapore in 2018.

Post Traumatic Tour veterans Don Broco will be joining Mike for the first three shows.

Australia / New Zealand deserves a tour! LP haven’t played there since 2013. Same as Japan too, LP hasn’t played there since 2013. India debut would be epic. But he definitely will probably play China and others in South East Asia. We will have to wait and see.

6 minutes ago, GarretLP said:

Australia / New Zealand deserves a tour! LP haven’t played there since 2013. Same as Japan too, LP hasn’t played there since 2013. India debut would be epic. But he definitely will probably play China and others in South East Asia. We will have to wait and see.

Well said.

With how involved Mercedes is in everything, it would be shocking if there were no China shows... they travel there quite frequently now for Mercedes stuff.

Japan had just two festival shows for Post Traumatic, they could definitely take some headlining shows if Mike can fit it in. Same for the UK, though, I mean the Reading/Leeds shows were MASSIVE crowds and Roundhouse sold out instantly. Very shocked he didn't add more UK dates, even after Luxembourg.

It's getting to the point where no Australia or New Zealand AGAIN would be really wild. He needs to get there.

3 minutes ago, LPLStaff said:

Well said.

With how involved Mercedes is in everything, it would be shocking if there were no China shows... they travel there quite frequently now for Mercedes stuff.

Japan had just two festival shows for Post Traumatic, they could definitely take some headlining shows if Mike can fit it in. Same for the UK, though, I mean the Reading/Leeds shows were MASSIVE crowds and Roundhouse sold out instantly. Very shocked he didn't add more UK dates, even after Luxembourg.

It's getting to the point where no Australia or New Zealand AGAIN would be really wild. He needs to get there.

Oh yeah, I forgot he did Japan already. Well, still. I think Australia / New Zealand definitely deserves a few shows, though. There are a lot of fans there who want to see Mike play badly. And it’s been a while. 

China, yeah, the band has developed a strong marketing / friendship with Mercedes and China since like 2014/2015 so he will probably play there. Large fan base there I think as well and hasn’t Joe been hanging out there a lot? U.K. would be cool too but he just did a Europe tour a few months ago so idk if he will. Seems like maybe he will want to focus on places he hasn’t been in a while. Maybe he could take a trip to Mexico and South America too. 

I'd expect another 2-3 shows in Asia to be announced yet. Malaysia, Hong Kong, probably another Japan show (Tokyo). Maybe mainland China too but I wouldn't be so sure there.

Can't imagine he won't do an Australia leg after this either.

4 minutes ago, Astat said:

I'd expect another 2-3 shows in Asia to be announced yet. Malaysia, Hong Kong, probably another Japan show (Tokyo). Maybe mainland China too but I wouldn't be so sure there.

Can't imagine he won't do an Australia leg after this either.

Oh man. I really pray & hope he'll coming down to Malaysia! Or else, i might going to Jakarta. haha

3 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

It’s nice for the fans living there, but tbh i hoped that the PT Cycle was over, and we would get Some LP news.

I wonder if Mike expected something with LP which is why he said the PT tour was done and then LP stuff didn't end up happening just yet so he added these dates.

Just because Mike is touring doesn't necessarily mean nothing is going on with LP. Since he has been quiet for months and LP has said they are "discussing music", they are very likely demo'ing ideas right now. Because LP is ALWAYS three or more steps ahead of what they reveal publicly. Whatever they say, they are very cautious about it and conservative. It isn't unreasonable to assume LP is working on music, but don't want to say that yet. Much easier to do things in private until the time comes to make a massive announcement.

Since 2015, we've seen just how well he can balance both acts. He was on a Linkin Park tour when he dropped Welcome, and played Conan the day after Mexico. In Europe, he fit solo headline shows around the LP shows (which I hope he does in the future, because that was epic). If he pops out to Asia for a week or week and a half, it would not affect LP whatsoever. Like when Chester went to Asia for Dead By Sunrise shows during the ATS sessions; he was stoked to be there and was all like "I can't wait to get back to work on music" etc.

As unfortunate as 7/20 was, I think one of the biggest losses from that was going to be Chester and Mike balancing their solo acts with LP pretty much flawlessly. Dead By Sunrise was gearing up for a comeback in fall 2017, and Mike had Fort Minor material prepared and already OK'd by Linkin Park for release that fall (some of which, or maybe all of which, went on to be featured on Post Traumatic). Chester was actively tweeting about all of the stuff he was writing in 2015-2017. Geki made a good comment saying that both of those acts fell to the wayside because Chester and Mike were putting the ideas/music into Linkin Park albums. He's exactly right. And then I think in 2015-2017, they felt that they COULD do their side projects just fine, on their own terms, around LP. STP was obviously too much since they needed constant albums and constant touring instead of sporadic stuff, but DBS and FM/Mike doing solo stuff around LP was most certainly going to happen so their minds must have opened up creatively towards the side projects.

Now in terms of what you are saying about the PT era being "over", I think it was indeed over like you said. Mike's speech in Luxembourg really showed the era was over, and the crew even thought so as well. Something changed in the last month or two. It could be demand, as all of the fans wanted the tour to "do another lap around the world". It could be just that Mike wants to "escape from the studio" (which isn't an unfair assumption as he just posted he's IN the studio, he just hasn't mentioned LP stuff yet because rock press would explode) for a little bit.

Really not sure. It still says Post Traumatic Tour, which tells us there is not a new Mike project coming out. If there was an album coming at the end of this year from him, he wouldn't brand this the Post Traumatic Tour. All signs are still pointing towards LP.

14 minutes ago, Rasputin 93 said:

I really hope that India will finally get some LP related show by a visit from Mike Shinoda. They've been wanting this for years.

Unless he or they go crazy and decide to tour all over the world for real, including countries that have never ever seen him or them perform, I sadly don't see that possibility happening.

3 hours ago, LPLStaff said:

It seems like if India were to ever happen, it would have happened by now. Right? Or what do you think? LP did Asia in 2011, 2013, had Japan in 2017 coming up, Mike did Asia in 2018, now going back.

I was at the Porsche Design Meet & Greet in NYC in early 2014 and two guys behind me in line asked Chester to play in India. He said they will play there soon. There is actually a video of them asking him.

So maybe the band tried but it didn't end up working, who knows. Mike is different though, he isn't LP, it's Mike. So perhaps he could pull off a solo show there in like Dubai or something at a club? Idk. Would be cool. STP with Chester was going to play there in early 2014 but the tour got cancelled so Chester could work on THP.

India would be epic. I hope he also plays Australia / New Zealand as well. It's crazy that LP haven't played there since 2013. Same as Malaysia, he needs to go there. Those were places that LP went to and there are a lot of fans there who haven't seen a related show since the LT era. I know THP and OML didn't hit #1 in the charts in their first week like HT, Meteora, MTM, ATS and LT did but I don't think that's why the tour was skipped there for THP and OML. You can't even really count OML anyways since the tour got cut short so soon. THP seemed to focus more on U.S. and Europe the most. Idk. I hope he goes to those places, though.

43 minutes ago, Hahninator said:

OML hit number one. THP is the only album that didn't. 

It did in first week of sales? Either way we will never know, maybe the band planned Australia / New Zealand in 2018 or 2017 even. Got cut short way too soon.

15 hours ago, JozM said:

I remember reading somewhere that the Australian promoters were trying to get LP to tour in 2018.

They were confirmed to headline Download 2018 in Melbourne, Australia. March 24, 2018.

edit: This was confirmed by Andy Copping, the Download promoter, in an interview where he discussed Chester and LP. I've always wondered if we should add a 2018 page with that date, but it'd be the only one on there.

On 6/24/2019 at 6:46 PM, RYG4R said:

Imagine  if the last show for this year's PT tour with Phoenix, Joe, Rob and Brad joining Mike on stage. Wow. That's gonna be massive!

I was thinking this when these shows were announced as well, I could imagine during the encore, Dan and Matt wouldn't be the ones coming back on stage. 

On the other side of the coin though... These shows could be Mike's last hurrah before fully devoting himself back into the band and the studio.  We shall see soon enough though.

Dan and Matt are just as good as the members of LP, it not better, honestly. The trio of Mike, Dan and Matt would be a great band if Mike wanted it to be. Just saying. It’s awesome Mike took Don Broco out for support once again too. Love Don Broco.

3 hours ago, GreyFox-AFCA said:

Just as good as the other members of LP?

lol 

Yeah honestly Dan is just as good of a drummer as Rob and Matt is just as good of a guitar player as Brad. And most guitar players can play bass by default so he’s probably as good as Phoenix, too. I know that the die-hard LP fans seem to think that Brad and Rob, etc. are these godlike musicians and they are the absolute best but it’s not the case. Mike is super unique at what he does and you won’t likely find someone like him. Chester, nobody has a voice and stage presence like him. But the other members of the band really are pretty basic. And I’m not even saying it’s a bad thing. They are good at what they do. But there are other musicians out there who can play as good as them and some better. Sorry.